Prospect Info: 2021 NHL Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
I think we need to give Johnston the next season to show what he has in the OHL.. sounds like there is some growth potential there.. but does it actually come to fruition?

Reactions: Satan

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
we cant get this upset about the boy draft
yeah we can, we only have 1 young guy anywhere near NHL level with top6 potential.
We're losing 2/5ths of our existing top 6 at the end of the year.
another of that group is coming off missing a whole season and multiple surgeries, and entering 30.
We've got Robertson, Hintz, maybe Damiani as forwards with top 6 potential
And we keep stocking up on Radek Faksa clones for some f***ing reason. Which every team needs, but not 10 of

serp

Jan 17, 2016
From what i've read this is a pick for a homerun off his toolbox and how little games he got to play. The kind of pick you think got overlooked because pandemic barely allowed him to play at all.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
I think what probably happened is Jim Nill got super wet watching him at the U18s and said f*** you scouts this is my character, hard working, versatile forward, I am picking him.

Reactions: Sports2

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
yeah we can, we only have 1 young guy anywhere near NHL level with top6 potential.
We're losing 2/5ths of our existing top 6 at the end of the year.
another of that group is coming off missing a whole season and multiple surgeries, and entering 30.
We've got Robertson, Hintz, maybe Damiani as forwards with top 6 potential
And we keep stocking up on Radek Faksa clones for some f***ing reason. Which every team needs, but not 10 of
Draft ain’t over .

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Draft ain’t over .
No, but the round where you typically get your high impact forwards was a bust.
a 3rd round is something like a 10% chance to ever play in the NHL.
not sure the % on 2nd round picks, it's better but it's not great

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Draft Pro had him 59th, but report is glowing on offensive talent, so maybe okay.

Will be interested to hear how much seeing him in Frisco helped make up their mind as a known quantity.

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
I wish I was good at anything as HFstars is at acting like the world’s ending

We have had lots of practice, that's for sure. This just reminds me of when we took Jack Campbell. We basically drafted him off of the WJC. I'm sure scouts and statisticians don't spend a lot of time together, but small sample sizes might be something these guys should learn about. I guess the upside here is that I can go watch his 7 games and be just as informed as the scouts!

I can respect that some people here are saying he looked good last year, but these guys can barely project 17 and 18 year olds, now we're gonna try it with guys a year younger? As always, I don't take issue with the specific player, just the overall baffling philosophy of Dallas Stars drafting. No one thinks they're more clever than these guys.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
No, but the round where you typically get your high impact forwards was a bust.
a 3rd round is something like a 10% chance to ever play in the NHL.
This isn’t a normal draft year . We could get kisakov or stankoven in the 2nd . I’m sure there some guys the scouts are drooling over that will go in the 3rd this year .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad