Prospect Info: 2021 NHL Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
Theoretically, a good model would try and account for being on a crappy team. My heart goes out to anyone trying to make an analytics model for minor leaguers, the stats aren't exactly easy to come by, so these guys are probably charting stuff out by hand by themselves instead of scooping it up from a database.

Holy f***ing shit, those montreal douchebags just took Mailloux.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017

This dude needs to understand how his own model works and doesn't work, clearly he is f***ing clueless on what is going on with the data because of NO OHL SEASON.

Reactions: DieselPig

Nikki Potnick

Aug 26, 2020
Where the sun don't shine
agree there, but im no scout. I liked last years draft so lets hope he keeps that going

Lets just hope for a killer day tmw as a Dallas Fan
Neither am I, just a casual fan. Overall, I'm barely satisfied with drafting, I just think the 1st round would be something I could do better.
Tufte quit the USHL so he could dominate high school (also because he sucked in the OHL). Johnston's 16yo OHL season is more impressive than anything Tufte has ever done in hockey.
I'm not here to directly compare him to Tufte, just saying my feelings towards drafting him are similar, despite their circumstances.
Johnston has a projectable skillset. Do you think Johnston wasn't scouted in his first OHL season and just sat at home eating cheetos the past year?
Lottery pick, that's all I'm saying. Missing his draft year season is a lot to just gamble on for a 1st round pick. Reminds me of Nolan Patrick (don't come back with some rebuttal with Patrick and Johnston, that's not the point I'm making).

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
I hope this guy's daughter kicks him in the gnads when he comes home.

Also I think it says a lot that Bergevin is also connected to the travesty in Chicago. Quelle gros connard.

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
Doesn't Molson own Montreal ... amd I remembering that wrong?

They may take some heat on this one ... deserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad