2021 NHL Draft (new season tank edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
Injuries only came into play once the season was already gone. And goaltending would only improve if we got a better goalie. We did not.

This team has only gotten worse over the off season. We have the worst goalie tandem in hockey. Did not fill any of our needs in UFA. And our aging core only got older. The cherry on top is really swapping a declining Thornton for an obsolete Marleau.

This is a bottom-5 team.
Goaltending improved drastically once Deboer and Co. were fired so that statement is literally nothing but a falsehood in its entirety. By the time Boughner got any sort of a system established he was playing with basically an AHL forward group due to injury. So while this team is not a Cup Contender, it is assuredly not a bottom 5 team unless they sustain horrible injury luck and are the worst coached team in the league for half the season again like they were under Deboer.

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
Seems like the Sharks will be picking in the Kent Johnson, Dylan Guenther, Aatu Raty, Fabian Lysell area so I dunno which one of those guys jumps off the most. Crazy how far Raty has fallen in the last year, was a cant miss number one pick a couple years ago.

Reactions: Sandisfan

fEyD08

Jan 13, 2018
The Episode from Locked on Sharks with Will Scouch on the 2021 Draft Class was very interesting. I'm not sold on Power, would definitely take Hughes over him if its possible.

Reactions: themelkman

jarr92

May 7, 2013
Without even knowing who the player is, I'd say go after the consensus #1 ranked center from Canada and start there :thumbu:

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Power is a great pick at like 10, but not top 5. Let a worse scouting team make the mistake

Agreed. I actually like Power quite a bit but I’d be more comfortable with taking him in the 7-10 range than top-5.

Without even knowing who the player is, I'd say go after the consensus #1 ranked center from Canada and start there :thumbu:

You have to scroll pretty far down the consensus list to find one of them. And that’s even if you think Kent Johnson projects as an NHL center.

Reactions: Sandisfan

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Still no decision on timing of entry draft. Part of the problem is the legalese/handling CBA changes if it gets delayed. (Teams would realistically be basing their decisions from 19-20 season observations. Kids grow "fast", so could have vastly improved, or really fell off because of forced inactivity.) A number of podcasts calling for NHL/owners and NHLPA to "do the right thing" WRT the players. (Some teams complaining about having to handle two draft classes "at once".)

After Detroit, who finished 30 points behind #30 team) did NOT win the draft lottery, there's been some discussions about tweaking the system (to allow a team with similar "big gap") to have more chances to win lottery.

So, that's all up in the air. Will there be a NHL entry draft in July? Will it only be round 1? What about the 20 yos that might not get a chance to be drafted?

And how can Seattle get enough bodies to stack their depth? 30 teams from expansion draft. Possible additions from future consideration trades. And then free agency? Trades?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad