2021 NHL Draft (new season tank edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
According to DW Jr.'s track record, whoever is the top prospect with the best zone entry metrics is gonna be our pick.

fasterthanlight

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2009
Seattle, WA
"Well, we had an amazing opportunity to acquire not only a talented player, but also a quality, character individual with our first overall pick. And while some folks had him in the late-teens or early 20s, there was never a question from our scouting staff that, if he was available, he'd be our pick."

seroes

May 3, 2016
California
I have no doubt that as we are entering a season where we will suck a little less than last year we will miss the playoffs and finish around the 10th worst record in the league. Not only will we not have any lotto luck but 3 teams finishing with better records will win the lotto causing to drop 3 more spots. So yah drafting 13th ish

Crewouse

Mar 30, 2016
With many leagues not even started yet, and a lot of uncertainty moving forward, 2021 draft must be stressful to draft in

Reactions: themelkman

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Good grief. They aren't tanking. If we're going to have a thread for this might as well have a thread for which Shark wins the Con Smythe when they win the cup at the end of next season. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Sandisfan

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Good grief. They aren't tanking. If we're going to have a thread for this might as well have a thread for which Shark wins the Con Smythe when they win the cup at the end of next season. :sarcasm:

One of those things is far, far more likely than the other. It's not ridiculous at all to start talking about a high pick in the 2021 draft.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
One of those things is far, far more likely than the other. It's not ridiculous at all to start talking about a high pick in the 2021 draft.

I agree for the most part, but I highly doubt the Sharks are anywhere near as bad as they were last year. Pretty much every single thing went wrong; it was a perfect storm of suck.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I agree for the most part, but I highly doubt the Sharks are anywhere near as bad as they were last year. Pretty much every single thing went wrong; it was a perfect storm of suck.

Sure, I'm mostly in the same boat, but we're also an old team that got older and the biggest addition we made was the league's worst goalie over the past few years. We're FAR more likely to make it to the draft lottery than we are to make the Stanley Cup Finals.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario

Or on the flip side of that, is this just normal sharks and for them to be playoff bound they need the perfect storm of everything being good for the team to make the playoffs.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
Or on the flip side of that, is this just normal sharks and for them to be playoff bound they need the perfect storm of everything being good for the team to make the playoffs.

I don't think the Sharks are a contender or anything, but just look at the dropoff on almost every player. No one scored even 50 points this year. I don't remember seeing this big of a dropoff in any team in recent memory, even with losing a couple top-6ers.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Sure, I'm mostly in the same boat, but we're also an old team that got older and the biggest addition we made was the league's worst goalie over the past few years. We're FAR more likely to make it to the draft lottery than we are to make the Stanley Cup Finals.
If anything they got younger this year the moment Jumbo signed in TO. Dude... who's old on this team now? Burns (stud), Vlasic (ick) and Patty (4th liner)? Oh Dubnyk (jury's out). Other than that the next tier of "old" players are what 30 and 31? that ain't old, even in hockey. Most of the rest of the players are going to be 25 and younger. This team ain't old. They used to average like 30 years old, I bet it's closer to 29 next season and that's only because they have 41 year old on the team who's not all that important to the success of the team. Take out that one player and I bet it's more in the 27, 28 range.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boja

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
If anything they got younger this year the moment Jumbo signed in TO. Dude... who's old on this team now? Burns (stud), Vlasic (ick) and Patty (4th liner)? Oh Dubnyk (jury's out). Other than that the next tier of "old" players are what 30 and 31? that ain't old, even in hockey. Most of the rest of the players are going to be 25 and younger. This team ain't old. They used to average like 30 years old, I bet it's closer to 29 next season and that's only because they have 41 year old on the team who's not all that important to the success of the team. Take out that one player and I bet it's more in the 27, 28 range.

27.85 down from 28.29.

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad