OT: 2021 Football Thread: Mock Draft SZN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baby Duck Homme

Still waiting to catch a puck from Fotiu...
Sep 14, 2005
Jersey City NJ
The Chiefs Browns game is blacked out on CBS for me. Is this happening to anyone else?

Edit: it’s working now. Game was blacked out for 15 minutes on Fios in JC

Reactions: bl02

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
How on earth did Buffalo hold the Ravens to only 3 points?

Any bets on the upcoming battle of Octogenarian QBs?

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
So the early lines are:

Packers -3.5 over the Bucs

Chiefs -3 over the Bills

I like the Pack to go the Super Bowl as they have been clearly the best team in the league all year long. Brady will keep things interesting but in the end I'd expect the Pack to win by at least a touchdown and more than likely 10 or so points or more.

The AFC game is interesting as withought Mahomes, the Chiefs can be beat. Heck even with Mahomes the Chiefs could be be beat. The spread tho at only 3 indicates Vegas doesn't think Mahomes is going to play seeing if he was playing, the spread would be at least 5 if not 6 points.

I'm going with the upset and taking the Bills and the points as I think they win the game outright by a FG. Bills seem to be the team of destiny this year and considering how wacko 2020 was, the Bills in the Super Bowl seems very apropos.

So it's going to be the Pack vs the Bills in the SB says Maxiedomous...lol

Reactions: bernmeister

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
So the early lines are:

Packers -3.5 over the Bucs

Chiefs -3 over the Bills

I like the Pack to go the Super Bowl as they have been clearly the best team in the league all year long. Brady will keep things interesting but in the end I'd expect the Pack to win by at least a touchdown and more than likely 10 or so points or more.

The AFC game is interesting as withought Mahomes, the Chiefs can be beat. Heck even with Mahomes the Chiefs could be be beat. The spread tho at only 3 indicates Vegas doesn't think Mahomes is going to play seeing if he was playing, the spread would be at least 5 if not 6 points.

I'm going with the upset and taking the Bills and the points as I think they win the game outright by a FG. Bills seem to be the team of destiny this year and considering how wacko 2020 was, the Bills in the Super Bowl seems very apropos.

So it's going to be the Pack vs the Bills in the SB says Maxiedomous...lol

Without Mahomes, the Chiefs have zero chance. Chad Henne isn't winning the AFC Championship.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I love how every article about who can trade for Deshaun Watson is like

The Lions could trade Stafford and the 7th pick plus another 1st

The Dolphins could trade Tua and the 18th plus another 1st

The Jets could trade the 2nd, 23rd and their next 4 1sts for him

Reactions: Maximus and nyr2k2

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Bills so lucky lol have to face the last 2 MVPs in a row in the playoffs and they both get concussions and knocked out the games.

Would be maybe the first time I've ever heard Bills and lucky in the same sentence where there isn't an "un" in front of the lucky.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I love how every article about who can trade for Deshaun Watson is like

The Lions could trade Stafford and the 7th pick plus another 1st

The Dolphins could trade Tua and the 18th plus another 1st

The Jets could trade the 2nd, 23rd and their next 4 1sts for him

I would love to see a poll from the league to see which QB you'd rather build your future with

Darnold or Tua

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
I would love to see a poll from the league to see which QB you'd rather build your future with

Darnold or Tua

It would be Tua for sure. At least you have more time to make a decision on him as a player with his contract vs Sam's contract.

If the Dolphins came at them with Tua, #3 and #18, it beats the Jets best offer by quite a bit, unless the Jets move #2, #23, and both 1s next season.

I did hear Mike Tannebaum mention that Q Williams could be someone that could be part of the package, but he's not more valuable that Tua. The difference from #2 to #3 doesn't make up that and the difference from #18 to #23 either. Unless the Jets would take Sewell at #2, the Texans could look at the Miami deal as Tua, Sewell and #18. That's a really good package.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
It would be Tua for sure. At least you have more time to make a decision on him as a player with his contract vs Sam's contract.

If the Dolphins came at them with Tua, #3 and #18, it beats the Jets best offer by quite a bit, unless the Jets move #2, #23, and both 1s next season.

I did hear Mike Tannebaum mention that Q Williams could be someone that could be part of the package, but he's not more valuable that Tua. The difference from #2 to #3 doesn't make up that and the difference from #18 to #23 either. Unless the Jets would take Sewell at #2, the Texans could look at the Miami deal as Tua, Sewell and #18. That's a really good package.

Yeah I should have specified that I meant this from a purely developmental/talent perspective. Contracts aside, because it does make a huge difference. And I do think people overlook Darnold's contract status when they recommend keeping him

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Yeah I should have specified that I meant this from a purely developmental/talent perspective. Contracts aside, because it does make a huge difference. And I do think people overlook Darnold's contract status when they recommend keeping him

i think some disregard how well he handled New York. Yes, the Mono thing but despite a trainwreck of a season the guy hung in there. He never complained, never gave up, never gave in.

One Veteran named Eli Manning did nothing in his prime with a poor surrounding cast after 2011 so why should a kid like Darnold be expected to do so much more? (and Watson just won only 4 games without his weapons too).

Last edited:

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010

I think the Jets will need to do some value analysis when it comes to Sam. Is it worth using your top pick on a QB this year and trade Sam maybe for a 2nd rounder or do you keep Sam, use #2 and the other picks to build around him, build up the team in free agency and see what he can do? Of course getting Watson changes all of that, but I'd put that at a low chance of happening.

The idea of punting on the QB decision allows them to build an actual roster with talent throughout. If Sam can't do anything at that point, you know what you have to do. If you move Sam now, you're resetting the clock with a rookie QB, but you're locked in. At least with keeping Sam, you could go in another direction at QB that isn't just the draft. Trade options are open, signing a veteran in free agency and of course they could draft someone. I don't think they'd move Sam and not draft a QB.

I'd rather stick with Sam, build the team and find the QB if they need to after. Looking at the 4 teams left, I'd say all of them did just that, even going all the way back to Rodgers being drafted and sitting for 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia