Prospect Info: 2021 Draft - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Shane Wright, although clearly a franchise caliber prospect, is not the only enticing draft prospect available next year. There are 3-4 marque names that could also be star capable.

I can see Dorion not doing much next season for another “show me” season by the young guys while conversely being rewarded with another, what will be “final”, piece of the rebuild if we stagnate a bit.

risky.

Reactions: Leaves34

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Shane Wright, although clearly a franchise caliber prospect, is not the only enticing draft prospect available next year. There are 3-4 marque names that could also be star capable.

I can see Dorion not doing much next season for another “show me” season by the young guys while conversely being rewarded with another, what will be “final”, piece of the rebuild if we stagnate a bit.

risky.
The sens aren’t even going to think about the draft. It will be all about making the playoffs. The time for picks is over

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
The sens aren’t even going to think about the draft. It will be all about making the playoffs. The time for picks is over

It shouldn’t have this year, let alone next year.

But if we go back to normal division, TB, Toronto, FLA and Boston are all still contenders and better teams. I could see Dorion letting the boys battle it out with more secondary help and not worrying too much about bottoming out one last time in a very deep draft while we see where we stand and what’s missing. Mind you, bottom out to me means finishing bottom 10, not bottom 3.

I am not advocating for this, I have made threads advocating we need to bring in top 4 D and top 6 C temporary help. I am saying it could be a possibility. The division we are in now is trash.

Reactions: NB613

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Haven’t heard the name Aatu Raty for a while - strong skating two way center with decent size

Stutzle Raty could put on stick handling clinics.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Haven’t heard the name Aatu Raty for a while - strong skating two way center with decent size

Stutzle Raty could put on stick handling clinics.
Probably makes it to the 2nd, if he makes it to the Sens they should pass, will be better options on the board

Definitely doesn't fit the Sens drafting trends, can't remember the last time they picked a guy that regressed over a year, especially the level Raty has

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
If I'm picking high in 2022, the guy I want is Brad Lambert

Looks like a future star

opyLViXii9hx4ieeTU0_FgbVcn9zAMvCw649PSwI-J0eFFgaPdiNkYNG2dO7HlVGRgjjfBSFFZY3aYVAOASPmzxf_T7-tUP1anht_q1a

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Probably makes it to the 2nd, if he makes it to the Sens they should pass, will be better options on the board

Definitely doesn't fit the Sens drafting trends, can't remember the last time they picked a guy that regressed over a year, especially the level Raty has

Young kid playing in a men’s league - no clue about the player but I assume he wasn’t used a lot. Hard to really quantify any regression. Are you aware of any recent scouting info on him? He looked better than jarventie at the WJC a few months ago.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Young kid playing in a men’s league - no clue about the player but I assume he wasn’t used a lot. Hard to really quantify any regression. Are you aware of any recent scouting info on him? He looked better than jarventie at the WJC a few months ago.
He never played in the World Juniors, he was cut as a returning player

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Ouch - must be going back two years in my mind ...
Probably taking about his brother Aku who was drafted by Phoenix in 2019, he did look better than Jarventie but he is a year older than Roby and nothing special.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
He played the year prior. Could be saying raty looked better in 2020 than jarventie looked in 21

I meant Aatu... I saw his name in the mid teens in some draft publications ... I haven’t remotely followed him but I have a vague memory of him playing well in something I watched. Could have been u18 or anything.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I meant Aatu... I saw his name in the mid teens in some draft publications ... I haven’t remotely followed him but I have a vague memory of him playing well in something I watched. Could have been u18 or anything.
He looked good last year in both the Ivan Hlinka and the World Juniors, he was touted as a can't miss top 3 pick. He's a late birthday, wasn't eligible for the U-18's this year, he's one of the older guys in this draft.

He's regressed big-time this year, struggling in the FEL and not invited back to the World Juniors. Put up extremely pedestrian numbers for a draft eligible guy, let alone a top pick.

He's still getting by on his name and last years hype. Reminds me of Kylington in the 2015 draft, people were so upset their team wasn't taking him anytime after pick 10 based on the hype he was getting the year previous to his draft season.

I don't think he'll be on the Sens radar at all, though I'm wrong many, many times

Reactions: Sweatred

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Probably at the same place , I see him. He was at the WJC , the year Thomson play. I fund him decent for his first appearence at WJC

Reactions: Sweatred

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
I posted this in another thread and I remain conflicted. I'm glad we're seeing our boys have a lot of success recently. To me, despite this draft being really unknown, it does seem like you're going to get a great player in the top 8. Maybe not any superstars, but at least a really good NHLer. As it stands, we will likely pick 9th, unless Vancouver somehow passes us.

I can't help but feel we're going to miss out on our franchise altering star center in the next two drafts. I suspect next year we'll either barely make the playoffs or just miss it. I would guess the following year we'll be in a similar scenario unless we get crazy development from some of our guys.

Can we win a cup with Chabot, Tkachuk, Stutzle, Norris, Batherson as the main guys? I still see a glaring need for a #1 C as I see Stutzle as a winger. You generally draft #1 C's.

Asquaredx2

Mar 10, 2008
I don't think we need to make any big moves in the off-season, but I also can't look at this current roster and conclude that we'd finish bottom 3.

Even with a sophomore slump or two, and maybe Brown/Paul/other vets coming back to earth, this team is deep, fast, and skilled. To be in a bottom 3 position we'd have to either have a lot of injuries and/or a lot of regression from our young players, neither of which is something I'm rooting for.

I don't think we need to FOMO over these 2022 and 2023 prospects. This is the best young core we've had in years and one of the best in the league. I'm just going to enjoy the ride.

dmarc

SENS!!!!!!!
Mar 29, 2009
I posted this in another thread and I remain conflicted. I'm glad we're seeing our boys have a lot of success recently. To me, despite this draft being really unknown, it does seem like you're going to get a great player in the top 8. Maybe not any superstars, but at least a really good NHLer. As it stands, we will likely pick 9th, unless Vancouver somehow passes us.

I can't help but feel we're going to miss out on our franchise altering star center in the next two drafts. I suspect next year we'll either barely make the playoffs or just miss it. I would guess the following year we'll be in a similar scenario unless we get crazy development from some of our guys.

Can we win a cup with Chabot, Tkachuk, Stutzle, Norris, Batherson as the main guys? I still see a glaring need for a #1 C as I see Stutzle as a winger. You generally draft #1 C's.

This is a fair concern re #1 centre but Vegas don't have that bonafide guy and will likely win the president's trophy. Carolina drafted their no 1 centre 35th overall and are second in the league. I'm feeling pretty damn good about the young guys we have on roster and in the system and we're going to add another solid piece this draft ~10th overall.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Who will definitely be gone by our pick?

Powers & Beniers are the two obvious ones. Guenther & Edvinsson are near locks, but stranger things have happened.

What do you guys think?

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008

Powers & Beniers are the two obvious ones. Guenther & Edvinsson are near locks, but stranger things have happened.

What do you guys think?

Powers, Beniers, Guenther, Clarke and Edvinsson will almost certainly be gone in the top 8 picks.

Hughes will probably be taken in the top 8 too, unless teams think his skating will be seriously effected by his injury.

Johnson and Eklund seem like the most likely players consistently ranked in the top 7 to fall to the end of the top 10.

It's usually one-dimensional skill players that tend to fall on draft day. Zegras, Perfetti, Wahlstrom, Brown, Barzal, Connor, Nylander, Ehlers, etc...

Sting

Feb 8, 2004

What do you guys think?

I'm fairly certain both Johnson and Clarke will be gone as well. I'd be thrilled with either one in the 8-9 range but I don't think they slide that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad