Prospect Info: 2021 Draft - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
What are people's thoughts on Kent Johnson? I don't know much about him; I am assuming he's fast and super skilled without much physicality. He could be there when we pick but he's probably not a DJ player.

I'd like him. The skill level in the organization is still pretty underwhelming imo. Need to have a good powerplay to be legitimate contenders.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
What are people's thoughts on Kent Johnson? I don't know much about him; I am assuming he's fast and super skilled without much physicality. He could be there when we pick but he's probably not a DJ player.
He's definitely skilled but I feel like his production this year wasn't as high as it should have been.

Remember, he's a 2002 born player, so he has an extra year of development, but only went slightly above PPG in the NCAA

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
He's definitely skilled but I feel like his production this year wasn't as high as it should have been.

Remember, he's a 2002 born player, so he has an extra year of development, but only went slightly above PPG in the NCAA
Coming out of the BCHL as well though so that's a jump

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I see the future defence of this team on the left side to be Chabot, Sanderson & Kleven & the right side with Clarke, JBD & Zub. JBD looks like he is already NHL ready & Kleven could be only a yr or so away. UND seems to have a pro program & get their players ready for the NHL much sooner. If Ottawa were to draft Brandt Clarke RD they could let him go back to junior for another yr to get a little bigger & get a little more muscle on his frame, same as JBD both need to get stronger.

Chabot - JBD
Sanderson - Clarke
Kleven - Zub/Schmidt

Brandt Clarke | Brandt Clarke Profile | Brandt Clarke Scouting Report 2021 (mynhldraft.com)

2021 NHL Draft #4: Brandt Clarke Scouting Report (lastwordonsports.com)

2021 NHL Entry Draft Profile: Brandt Clarke (D) - On the Forecheck

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I see the future defence of this team on the left side to be Chabot, Sanderson & Kleven & the right side with Clarke, JBD & Zub. JBD looks like he is already NHL ready & Kleven could be only a yr or so away. UND seems to have a pro program & get their players ready for the NHL much sooner. If Ottawa were to draft Brandt Clarke RD they could let him go back to junior for another yr to get a little bigger & get a little more muscle on his frame, same as JBD both need to get stronger.

Chabot - JBD
Sanderson - Clarke
Kleven - Zub/Schmidt

Brandt Clarke | Brandt Clarke Profile | Brandt Clarke Scouting Report 2021 (mynhldraft.com)

2021 NHL Draft #4: Brandt Clarke Scouting Report (lastwordonsports.com)

2021 NHL Entry Draft Profile: Brandt Clarke (D) - On the Forecheck

No matter how hard you try to ignore Brannstrom, he's still gonna stick around lol.

DrSense

Oct 4, 2017
This draft's top 10 picks are so up in the air, the Sens will likely get one of their top 3 choices even at 8th or 9th overall.

Some rankings have Hughes #1 and one has him #8. Some have Beniers #2, others #7. One has Guenther as #1 overall, another has him 11th. And another ranking has Edvinson #2, and another he is #21, and yet another #12. Basically, Power is the only guy I've seen ranked in the top 5 in every ranking, otherwise every other player is outside the top 5 in at least one ranking.

A perfect opportunity for Mann and team to steal one of the top players in the draft. Basically, I have no issue if we run the table the last few games.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Sens are sitting in the 11th spot now after last night's win (including Seattle in the 3rd spot). Some of the guys I wanted will be gone now but I still think the following will be available:

- Cole Sillinger (C/LW)
- Mason McTavish (C) - 11pts @ WJC- 18
- Corson Ceulemans (RD) - 8pts @ WJC-18

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Sillinger has a legit chance at being the best forward from the draft.

Guy just puts up points wherever he goes.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Thanks for posting this. I hope people give it a watch.

Since we're probably not drafting top-5 (no Beniers, Power, Hughes, Guenther); Sillinger is the guy I like the most around n.10
McTavish is my primary target for our pick, Sillinger is my back up

Reactions: OgieO

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016

I haven't seen any news about which players will take place and rosters of teams but this article states that the event will take place June 1st to 13th.
Hockey showcase: Erie to host OHL, other players ahead of NHL Draft

Update:

• As of Saturday afternoon, the number of players confirmed to be in Erie stands at over 125. This includes 77-79 forwards, 31-34 defensemen and 12 goalies. That number is expected to go up.
  • This showcase will be streamed in some form, although final details are still being worked out.
  • Once the number of players confirmed is known, they’ll have a better idea of how many fans can attend live. They expect 100-200 fans will eventually be allowed, but that’s not official yet.
  • Former NHL players and scouts will be at this showcase. Vendors will be there too including CCM so players will have a chance to interact with them.
  • The website for this showcase will go live on Monday.
  • According to Hoffmann, all legal/medical is good to go for the players who participate.
  • This showcase is completely separate from the OHL.
  • Andrew Perrott, Ryan Beck and Ryan Humphrey spearheaded this idea. Hoffmann joined the group in mid-April to help facilitate and finalize ideas.
  • Teams are expected to be nine forwards, 5-6 defensemen and a goalie for these games, but that could change depending on the final number of players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad