Prospect Info: 2021 Draft - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
DraftSim. Won the lottery 1st OA.. Traded down to 2nd OA + a couple picks .. Traded down to 4th OA + a couple picks lol
View attachment 432368
The trades function in DraftProspectsHockey DraftSim is pretty wild. I was able to collect a ridiculous number of picks. The website ended up freezing on me so I am not sure how many picks I had left but I remember I was able to draft Mason McTavish, Tyler Boucher, Chase Stillman, Matthew Knies, Samuel Helenius, Jayden Grubbe, Sean Tschrigerl, Connor Kurth, Bryce Montgomery, David Gucciardi, Viktor Hurtig, Cole Jordan, Zakhar Bardakov and Braeden Kressler. I think I had more than 5 picks remaining as well.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Are the North games past Saturday even going to be played ? Seems useless.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
The trades function in DraftProspectsHockey DraftSim is pretty wild. I was able to collect a ridiculous number of picks. The website ended up freezing on me so I am not sure how many picks I had left but I remember I was able to draft Mason McTavish, Tyler Boucher, Chase Stillman, Matthew Knies, Samuel Helenius, Jayden Grubbe, Sean Tschrigerl, Connor Kurth, Bryce Montgomery, David Gucciardi, Viktor Hurtig, Cole Jordan, Zakhar Bardakov and Braeden Kressler. I think I had more than 5 picks remaining as well.
I played with it twice and ended up with the 4th pick (both times) and Dylan Guenther the first time, and Beniers the 2nd. LOL.

Reactions: Cosmix

Asquaredx2

Mar 10, 2008
A loss vs the Leafs Wednesday would be really helpful.

Would secure a top 10 pick and possibly as high as 6th if the Sharks can get a point and Vancouver picks up 5 points in their last 6 games

But on the other hand, beating the Leafs

Reactions: DJB

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
But on the other hand, beating the Leafs

Honestly my big brain move is losing to the leafs with Andersen looking amazing in net for them so they start him in the playoffs where he does the usual Andersen thing and implodes leading to the leafs being bounced in the first round. That would let me sleep easier at night. The 7th overall pick would just be a bonus.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

You must have broke it. It never expected the amount of trades you made and ran out of memory.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I played with it twice and ended up with the 4th pick (both times) and Dylan Guenther the first time, and Beniers the 2nd. LOL.

I see the site puts the Senators at 4th position before the lottery. Must be using old info.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Would really like to grab Brett Budgell as our late obscure overage pick, he has been incredible this year

Best player on his line, even being outscored by that much

Reactions: Johnny Hanson

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Would really like to grab Brett Budgell as our late obscure overage pick, he has been incredible this year

Best player on his line, even being outscored by that much
His stats show a pretty substantial jump in plus/minus this year. Is that indicative of his play or was his team just not that good defensively last year?

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
His stats show a pretty substantial jump in plus/minus this year. Is that indicative of his play or was his team just not that good defensively last year?
+/- is likely mostly due to going from middle Q team to the top team in the Maritime division.

He's Mr. Everything for them. Physical, offensive, defensive, PK, PP, Captain

Reactions: RAFI BOMB

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
I'm strangely very optimistic for this draft for several reasons.

1) It is top heavy in defensemen: Clarke, Power, Hughes, and Edvinsson. If we're sitting at 8OA, there's a pretty good chance one drops to us and then we can really talk about a young D depth rivaling the Predators of old.

2) Similarly, our positions of need besides RD are also top 6 skill C/RW which Beniers, Guenther, Lysell, McTavish, and Johnson, all ranked in the top 10 are.

3) Top 10 is a bit of a crap shoot where it's not as clearcut as the Stamkos/McDavid/Eichel/Matthews years who the franchise player in the draft is at 1OA. Obviously there's always the Erik Karlsson and Thomas Chabot drafted at 15OA that become the face of franchises, but those are rare and a bit of luck. (Tarasenko, Vasilievsky, Pastrnak, ~Larkin, Barzal, Boeser, McAvoy, Norris? being the top line/franchise level players outside the top 15 in the first round over the last decade; roughly 1 per 2 years).

4) We still have a shot at being in the driver's seat and taking our preferred player in the top 3 with the lottery instead of seeing what trickles down. I don't envy 1OA pick, it'll be tough decision to choose between Power, Beniers, Clarke, Guenther. I would want any of them and each carry the possibility to be a franchise player so you don't want to be the guy that missed out because of poor scouting opportunity.

5) I heavily trust the Sens scouting staff at picking the BPA even with their limited viewings/exposure to these 17 year olds with 1 year of stunted development

Last edited:

trentmccleary

Mar 2, 2002
Alfie-Ville
Visit site
Defense seems more solidified than forward, now and in the near future. I see Button ranking 4 defenseman in the top-5 as a positive, because 4 of the prospects between 6-10 will probably be forwards. Hopefully the team can grab a good forward to fill out the top-6. If we're lucky, maybe the Top-10 will turn out like the 2011 draft.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Defense seems more solidified than forward, now and in the near future. I see Button ranking 4 defenseman in the top-5 as a positive, because 4 of the prospects between 6-10 will probably be forwards. Hopefully the team can grab a good forward to fill out the top-6. If we're lucky, maybe the Top-10 will turn out like the 2011 draft.

If Clarke, Edvinsson, or Hughes falls to us, I think we pick one of them. Unless its Beniers or Guenther. I think the defense have top pairing ability but the forwards are top 6 with complementary top line ability.

Reactions: playasRus

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
If we win the lottery outright; Who are you picking?

I kind of like the embarrassment of riches aspect of going with Power. He could likely start next year on the third pairing and would allow us to roll with three dominant defensive pairings for the next 5 years or so.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
We seem to be locked in to pick 7-10 as even with a win we can’t finish ahead of both Vancouver and Calgary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad