WC: 2021 Czech Republic Roster Talk

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Shoot Moravcik with Vitasek into the sun and insert Jaroslav Spacek with a traffic cone to the line-up instead, can't be any worse.

Hronek was the only player resembling a defeseman, Musil and Sklenicka had some moments, the rest was just pathetic (what the hell happened to Sulak? At one point he looked like sure-fire NHLer.)

Reactions: Czechboy

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
View attachment 436879

So the 'D' in the pic is Moravcik.lol He passed it to a Russian and followed it in. Then Grigorenko got a clear breakaway becuase the D that should be in front of him is the furthest one from the play!!!! I thought it was a bad line change.. nope, it was just an idiotic play with 24 seconds left.. 5 seconds later and cue the piano!

Yes, individual mistake, had nothing to do with the line change. He should definitely send it simple to the far corner and wait for the new players from the bench to consolidate in the neutral zone. Very silly play but even this can happen on the international professional level. Have seen worse mistakes by more praised players to be honest. I would definitely not join the flock of Czech fans who are now swearing at the guy. This is hockey, mistakes happen.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Yes, individual mistake, had nothing to do with the line change. He should definitely send it simple to the far corner and wait for the new players from the bench to consolidate in the neutral zone. Very silly play but even this can happen on the international professional level. Have seen worse mistakes by more praised players to be honest. I would definitely not join the flock of Czech fans who are now swearing at the guy. This is hockey, mistakes happen.
In fairness I was talking shit about him before the game. This didn't help change my view lol

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Ok, tomorrow sit down the third line, Sekáč as 13 attacker, or put him in 4 attack.
Today, poor performance of all, the whole defense was not good especially.
The tournament starts, but we have to play a completely different hockey, or we will have a problem with the progress.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Ok, tomorrow sit down the third line, Sekáč as 13 attacker, or put him in 4 attack.
Today, poor performance of all, the whole defense was not good especially.
The tournament starts, but we have to play a completely different hockey, or we will have a problem with the progress.
It's funny because your sekac is my moravcik.lol

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
It's funny because your sekac is my moravcik.lol
The truth is that so far he has always been excellent in the national team. Ok, I'm not saying anything.
But if only Moravčík wants to add today's result, as sorry, he probably didn't see what happened the whole match. The whole defense is absolutely insane. Whole.
I want to see the attack Stránský, Špaček, Lenc. Where can I put a Sekač? To the first two attacks? Certainly not now.

czechmate

Jan 1, 2016
Two short but interesting excerpts (very roughly translated into English) from today's after-game interview with Pešán:

Analysis of today's game
"I think the game against Russia can affect our mood. Of course, it's better to sober up right at the beginning of the tournament than to feel that the medals will be brought to our hotel."

Plans for tomorrow's game
"I'm determined to assign four players who didn't play today. Michael Spacek, Radan Lenc, Matej Stránský and Lukáš Klok will play tomorrow. It will depend on the health of some players, after today's game there are some question marks."

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
Andrej Šustr and Matěj Blumel were registered on roster. There's one spot left and that will take goalie (Kváča). That means Gudas or anyone else is definitely out of question.

Last edited:

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010

Of course mistakes happen. But Moravcik was playing badly before then and made plenty of mistakes. He looked slow, disengaged and not even playing physical. I hope he plays better next game (along with the rest of the defense).

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
Hrubec in net vs Switzerland.
And all players who didn't play yesterday should play (Šustr, Klok, Blumel, Stránský, Lenc, Špaček in bigger role)

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
Of course mistakes happen. But Moravcik was playing badly before then and made plenty of mistakes. He looked slow, disengaged and not even playing physical. I hope he plays better next game (along with the rest of the defense).

He did not have his best game but the wakest spot in the defense was definitely Vitásek. Was looking lost almost every shift.

Chevx

Jul 5, 2017
Planet Earth
Though I know it is early to make huge roster moves, this is what I would love to see today (and further if this lineup delivers)

Hrubec

Hronek Musil
Šustr Hájek
Klok Sklenička
Moravčík

Vrána Kovář Kubalík
Zadina Chytil Sekáč/Smejkal
Stránský Špaček Lenc
Smejkal/Sekáč Musil Flek
Zohorna/Blümel

Nominating Vitásek and Šulák was terrible choice, sad that Galvas is injured. Would also give Mozík a shot.
Radil was awful for a great portion of the pre-WC matches.

But we will see, last game had some positive moments which we can build on, but it was overall fine to strike egos and expectations down and to embrace humility.

Reactions: Swipes

czechmate

Jan 1, 2016
Shoot Moravcik with Vitasek into the sun and insert Jaroslav Spacek with a traffic cone to the line-up instead, can't be any worse.

Hronek was the only player resembling a defeseman, Musil and Sklenicka had some moments, the rest was just pathetic (what the hell happened to Sulak? At one point he looked like sure-fire NHLer.)

I hope it's just a nervous start into the tournament from his side and that he'll improve game by game. I specifically like(d) his dynamic zone entries (similar style to #93). Yesterday's performance however didn't resemble anything I know from Sulak throughout the previous WC tournament.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Hrubec in net vs Switzerland.
And all players who didn't play yesterday should play (Šustr, Klok, Blumel, Stránský, Lenc, Špaček in bigger role)
I hope it's just a nervous start into the tournament from his side and that he'll improve game by game. I specifically like(d) his dynamic zone entries (similar style to #93). Yesterday's performance however didn't resemble anything I know from Sulak throughout the previous WC tournament.
Our training camp was too long... guys were tired for the opener.lol

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
Lineup vs Switzerland

Hrubec

Musil - Hronek
Hájek - Klok
Šulák - Sklenička
Šustr

Kubalík - Kovář - Vrána
Chytil - Zohorna - Zadina
Lenc - Špaček - Stránský
Smejkal - Musil - Flek
Blumel

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Lineup vs Switzerland

Hrubec

Musil - Hronek
Hájek - Klok
Šulák - Sklenička
Šustr

Kubalík - Kovář - Vrána
Chytil - Zohorna - Zadina
Lenc - Špaček - Stránský
Smejkal - Musil - Flek
Blumel
So we swapped the KHL line for the Extraliga line... Let's see how it goes. I think the 4th line is a line the coach will love and not change.

Wooren got his wish.. no Moravcik and Vitasek.

I really don't know much about Klok so curious how he does!

I like that they are running Hrubec... I'd prefer no goalie controversy and give him the entire run.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
So no Hrubec in third?

Can't really score.
Definietly can't kill a penalty.
Rotating cast of characters but a conssitent trend in stupid penalties

I honestly don't even know who I'd take in the next game.. I do think they'll bench an NHL player to send a message and that will be a mistake.

I still think Vrana/Kovar/Kubalik/Chytil/Zadina need to be mixed up better. I'd still say split up Kubalik and Vrana.

Going to boars comment from the gamethread.. I think our 'stars' aren't necessarily leaders and it needs a Voracek or a guy like that.

I still think we are a medal contender.. but today was awful and Swiss put on a clinic of how to beat us. Makes that stupid play at the end of the Russia game even more painful.

czechmate

Jan 1, 2016
Sheesh, that was a really bitter pill to swallow tonight :laugh: I'm speechless, I've not seen such a performance in a long time. Switzerland played well and they were efficient, but normally we'd at least have a close game against them. Today's display was just brutal :confused:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad