WC: 2021 Czech Republic Roster Talk

Reindl87

May 18, 2012
A bitte off Topic, but what ever happened to your jersey? It looks so cheap and that lion or whatever it is supposed to be is god dam awful. Who ever had the idea to drop the classic jersey with the Czech national Logo? No hate, but this was an astrocious decision.

Reactions: BigBadBoar and tade

czechmate

Jan 1, 2016
A bitte off Topic, but what ever happened to your jersey? It looks so cheap and that lion or whatever it is supposed to be is god dam awful. Who ever had the idea to drop the classic jersey with the Czech national Logo? No hate, but this was an astrocious decision.

Funniest comment that I've read today! :laugh:

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
but this was an astrocious decision.
I don't think anyone will argue.. worst jerseys in hockey now.

I'm 90% positive that no Czech team in those jerseys has won a medal at any even from U18 to seniors since we got them.lol

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic

What to say? I have no idea, I am amazed it's been already what... 4-5 years now with those jerseys? They were terrible when introduced, they are terrible now and always will be, especially when compared to our previous (classic) ones. I would never buy one.

Todays performance against Swiss was on par with the awfulness of our jerseys.

Reactions: Czechboy

Rexor

Oct 24, 2006
Brno

It was a pure money grab. The hockey association ditched the Czech coat of arms because as such, it couldn't be copyrighted so that anyone was free to produce and sell those jerseys. Hence they came up with this generic stuff.

Reactions: BigBadBoar

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice

This jersey is a target of deserved hate of Czech fans. The "lion" has been quicky nicknamed to "the hen" and the fans have really been angry.

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
Lineup at today practice

Musil - Hronek
Hájek - Klok
Šulák - Sklenička
Moravčík - Šustr

Kubalík - Kovář - Zadina
Vrána - Špaček - Stránský
Sekáč - Chytil - Flek
Smejkal - Hanzl - Musil
Blumel
Lenc - Zohorna - Radil

Last edited:
Reactions: Chevx and Czechboy

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
And Vitásek has some kind of injury from first game, so he definitely won't play vs Belarus (in which he wouldn't probably play even if healthy)

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Lineup at today practice

Musil - Hronek
Hájek - Klok
Šulák - Sklenička
Moravčík - Šustr

Kubalík - Kovář - Zadina
Vrána - Špaček - Stránský
Sekáč - Chytil - Flek
Smejkal - Hanzl - Musil
Blumel
Lenc - Zohorna - Radil
Not bad... Didn't want chytil in bottom 6 but glad he is at C. Glad vrana and kubalik are spread out. Spacek might be perfect for Vrana. Not sure about stransky in top 6.

I get where he is going with it. Zohornas went from a lock to a late cut and healthy scratch.

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
I hope this lineup start working better than the previous. I Like Vrána with Špaček too.
I get Russia and even Switzerland are strong this year, but still our own game was bad, like there's something missing. We should play better.
But there's still time, I believe in this team, that they will start play much better. Now we need gain some coinfidence vs Belarus.
The important game is QF and so on, there we need our best form.
Good group is nice, but everyone remember 2010, while 2016 not so much.

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
Thanks for your replies guys. It is a pitty. That classic jersey was perfect.
I liked the classic too.
But I hope we start winning some medals and trophies in this new jersey and with that they will start to be liked in public, because they will symbolize our success era.

JustSomeGuyCZ

Apr 24, 2021
I hope this lineup start working better than the previous. I Like Vrána with Špaček too.
I get Russia and even Switzerland are strong this year, but still our own game was bad, like there's something missing. We should play better.
But there's still time, I believe in this team, that they will start play much better. Now we need gain some coinfidence vs Belarus.
The important game is QF and so on, there we need our best form.
Good group is nice, but everyone remember 2010, while 2016 not so much.
We need to get to the quartefinals first. And it will not be that simple. This isn´t an easy group.

Chevx

Jul 5, 2017
Planet Earth
Not bad... Didn't want chytil in bottom 6 but glad he is at C. Glad vrana and kubalik are spread out. Spacek might be perfect for Vrana. Not sure about stransky in top 6.

I get where he is going with it. Zohornas went from a lock to a late cut and healthy scratch.

Zohorna and Radil in that squad is ridiculous. If any Zohorna was to go to Riga, it was Hynek. But whatever.

I like the lineup except Musil not being at the C (he was great at FO). And Šulák not being healthy scratch.... Zadina with Kubalík and Kovář might work, I would love to see Zadina develop into Palát-like player (gritty yet lethal at shooting). Chytil at C is great. This can work on paper, but other things should've too.

This is what I was thinking about earlier today: kubalík kovář lenc - vrána chytil smejkal - stránský špaček zadina - blümel musil flek. Which is just some alternative to what actually happened.

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
We need to get to the quartefinals first. And it will not be that simple. This isn´t an easy group.
That's right, but like I said, I believe in this team.
I believe if this team start fulfilling his potencial, he can win all five remaining games. And more, he can win in playoff rounds too.

Reactions: Czechboy and Chevx

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
That's right, but like I said, I believe in this team.
I believe if this team start fulfilling his potencial, he can win all five remaining games. And more, he can win in playoff rounds too.

Agreed... Best time to lose is now! Losing to Russia and the swiss is definitely not a tragedy as both teams are also medal contenders. Look at the recent u18.. Sweden lost 12-1 in first match but won bronze.

JUst keep tinkering till we find a good mix.

Reactions: Chevx and Maluk11

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Thanks for your replies guys. It is a pitty. That classic jersey was perfect.
I love all the jerseys... I considered ours tied for best overall. Now I'm positive we have the worst one in hockey... only other one I don't love is Kazakhstan.

Canada Black is my fav Canada. LOVE the Slovak blue. Germans got a gorgeous one. I had us in that grouping.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I'm feeling better all of a sudden.lol

Sweden lost to Denmark and Belarus.

Slovaks barely beat GB
Canada lost to Latvia
Finns lost to Kazakhs

Seems like an uprising from the bottom tier! This tournament is crazy.lol

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
Reading through this thread couldn't help but reminisce. The red Czech jersey is one my favourites of all time.

Look how iconic this looks. I hope they bring it back eventually.

nhl_jagr_04.jpg

Reactions: Swipes and Czechboy

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008

AHHHH disgusting. Someone needs to start a petition or a protest, I'll even come join to bring back the iconic jerseys haha!

And oh boy that 1998 team photo, what legends and players I remember so vividly apart from obviously Hasek and Jagr. Rucinsky, Straka, Lang, Hamrilik, Spacek, young Hejduk.

Need to rewatch the 1998 games this summer I feel lol!

Reactions: tade and Swipes

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
AHHHH disgusting. Someone needs to start a petition or a protest, I'll even come join to bring back the iconic jerseys haha!

And oh boy that 1998 team photo, what legends and players I remember so vividly apart from obviously Hasek and Jagr. Rucinsky, Straka, Lang, Hamrilik, Spacek, young Hejduk.

Need to rewatch the 1998 games this summer I feel lol!
I've actually rewatched that Canada game several times over the years. Honestly, Czechs had the majority of the play in regulation.. everyone keeps saying it was all Hasek but watch the game. Czechs were flying and had the lead going into final 2 minutes till that Linden goal. Even OT we had some great chances. Rucnisky was a good NHL player but a GREAT international guy... just took it up a notch. Hamrlik and Spacek and Slegr were all modern Dmen... only guy like them today is Hronek. And FTR.. Canada had Roy in net! I often wonder how Patrick feels when he hears 'it wasn't fair, they had Hasek'.lol

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
I really hope that we haven't reached the point where watching the national team at the WC is like watching them at the WJC along with all the associated disappointments....

Somewhere, that horrible little feeling is slowly manifesting itself in my mind

Still time to turn things around though. Češi do toho!

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I really hope that we haven't reached the point where watching the national team at the WC is like watching them at the WJC along with all the associated disappointments....

Somewhere, that horrible little feeling is slowly manifesting itself in my mind

Still time to turn things around though. Češi do toho!
That Swiss game felt like a World Junior game BUT honestly, we have a good team... when we lose at Junior's it's because we suck and only have 2 or 3 players. Here we have a great combo of youth, NHL, goal scoring, 200 foot players and some goalies.

I know this may be quoted later but I really do think we have a chance at a medal and think we'd be a pain in the ass in a quarter final matchup.

But the seeds of doubt are definitely planted.. goalie contoversy, shuffling NHL players, revolving D, lineup blender... I do think Pesan is a good coach and can turn this around. I also think tomorrows game will be close.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad