WC: 2021 Czech Republic Roster Talk

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
upload_2021-5-17_15-22-57.png

This is one young team!

czechmate

Jan 1, 2016
It's a bit unfortunate that we have to play the two strongest teams in our group tomorrow (Russia) and the day after (Switzerland), no time to relax inbetween...

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
Lineup at practice :

Musil - Hronek
Hájek - Moravčík
Šulák - Vitásek
Sklenička - Šustr
Klok

Kubalík - Kovář - Vrána
Chytil - Zohorna - Zadina
Sekáč - Hanzl - Radil
Lenc - Špaček - Stránský
Flek - Musil - Smejkal
Blumel

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
Lineup at practice :

Musil - Hronek
Hájek - Moravčík
Šulák - Vitásek
Sklenička - Šustr
Klok

Kubalík - Kovář - Vrána
Chytil - Zohorna - Zadina
Sekáč - Hanzl - Radil
Lenc - Špaček - Stránský
Flek - Musil - Smejkal
Blumel

OK line-up, only Hanzl has not been looking exactly great in the pre-tournament games but hopefully the coaches know what they are doing.

Reactions: Goodman68

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
This PP will be so much fun to watch. You've just got everything you need, especially in the first unit! So excited for tomorrow :)

I am looking forward to the Vrána - Kovář - Kubalík line. It looks great on paper. Vrána: A fast skater with a great shot. Kovář: A tremendous playmaker. Kubalík: a great goal scorer who can at the same time dish more than decent passes. They may be a quite a monster line. Combined with Hronek on the PP, they may be really lethal.

czechmate

Jan 1, 2016
I am looking forward to the Vrána - Kovář - Kubalík line. It looks great on paper. Vrána: A fast skater with a great shot. Kovář: A tremendous playmaker. Kubalík: a great goal scorer who can at the same time dish more than decent passes. They may be a quite a monster line. Combined with Hronek on the PP, they may be really lethal.

And the best thing: I don't have to stay up very late as I have to when watching the NHL playoffs...

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Kubalík - Kovář - Vrána
I was going to ask how everyone feels about putting our most established guys on one line? I feel like our 2nd line is a little young and I'd rather swap Chytil or Zadina with Kubalik or Vrana to spread out the experience a little? Zohorna is our oldest player so maybe I'm talking nonsense.lol

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
PP lines :

Hronek, Vrána, Kubalík, Kovář, Chytil

Šulák, Špaček, Zohorna, Sekáč, Zadina.
I'd swap Zadina and Chytil personally.

Second unit looks great.. it's a shame there is no room for Spacek on PP1.. he looked great on it but I understand why he isn't there.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Musil - Hronek
Hájek - Moravčík
Šulák - Vitásek
Sklenička - Šustr
Klok
Not how I'd do it but Pesan is very clearly going with an aggressive D that moves the puck... it seems the team will be an attacking one.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
There is also a rumour going around that Gudas might come as his team is down 2-0 to the Bolts.

Normally I like more recruits but, in this case, I say set the roster, get your balance and figure it out and don't change much.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
There is also a rumour going around that Gudas might come as his team is down 2-0 to the Bolts.

Normally I like more recruits but, in this case, I say set the roster, get your balance and figure it out and don't change much.

I am not sure if it would be wise to add a player a few days before the QF game (assuming we get through). The team looks solid to me, and the player would need to spend some days in a quarantine and so on. Would he really be a boost?

Maluk11

Feb 27, 2016
25 players added on game roster (Petr Kváča, Andrej Šustr and Matěj Blumel out) , leaving 3 free spots open.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
Line-up for today:

Hrubec
(Will)

Hronek - D.Musil
Šulák - Vitásek
Moravčík - Hájek
Sklenička

Vrána - Kovář - Kubalík
Zadina - Zohorna - Chytil
Radil - Hanzl - Sekáč
Flek - A. Musil - Smejkal
Špaček

Quite surprising to see Špaček as the 13th forward and Stránský and Lenc as healthy scratches. Apparently the coaches want to have a defensive/checking 4th line. Špaček might get some PP time?

Edit: According to Straka, the players not playing today should play against Switzerland tomorrow, as the coaches are planning to make use of the extended roster and bring some fresh legs into the back-to-back game.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Line-up for today:

Hrubec
(Will)

Hronek - D.Musil
Šulák - Vitásek
Moravčík - Hájek
Sklenička

Vrána - Kovář - Kubalík
Zadina - Zohorna - Chytil
Radil - Hanzl - Sekáč
Flek - A. Musil - Smejkal
Špaček

Quite surprising to see Špaček as the 13th forward and Stránský and Lenc as healthy scratches. Apparently the coaches want to have a defensive/checking 4th line. Špaček might get some PP time?

Edit: According to Straka, the players not playing today should play against Switzerland tomorrow, as the coaches are planning to make use of the extended roster and bring some fresh legs into the back-to-back game.
It's a surprise, but maybe it will turn out to be the right move. Nevertheless, I considered the line to be a clear basis for the first match.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
It's a surprise, but maybe it will turn out to be the right move. Nevertheless, I considered the line to be a clear basis for the first match.

Maybe they really want the 4th line to be more physical against Russia. I really expect Lenc and Stránský to play against Switzerland, from what I have understood from Straka's statement, that's the plan.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I was pretty surprised to see Spacek at 13 and no Stransky/Lenc. It might make sense to do this against the Swiss... but I think these guys are all young and in shape and wouldn't struggle that much to play 2 days in a row.

Really curious how this goes!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
upload_2021-5-21_10-2-41.png

I had no idea Spacek got the point.lol he cannot be stopped, even as the 13th forward!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I've been telling you guys for days now that I don't like Moravcik and there he is on the ice with 30 seconds left.lol

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
In all seriousness... I haven't changed my view. I don't like Vrana/Kubalik/Kovar all together. I know Kubalik sprung Vrana for a gorgeous goal but they are both shooters and I'd like them split up. I'd put Zadina up and one of those down .. not because Zadina is better than either but I'd like a better split of experience and shooters.

Kubalik - Kovar - Zadina
Chytil - Zohorna - Vrana

I'd like to see Chytil givne a chance at C as well. FTR.. didn't really notice Chytil much today.

Thought Spacek looked good in limited minutes. Flek and Smejkal looked good in botoom 6 (yes, I questioned them in lineup at all.lol).

Russia capitalized on our mistakes. It's frustrating because we had probably the bigget training camp of all the nations and we looked rusty. I also feel a lot of those established lines were broken up all of a suddent.

Swiss will be very tough tomorrwo. Curious what lineup changes happen.

Reactions: Voodoozz

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
upload_2021-5-21_12-8-27.png

So the 'D' in the pic is Moravcik.lol He passed it to a Russian and followed it in. Then Grigorenko got a clear breakaway becuase the D that should be in front of him is the furthest one from the play!!!! I thought it was a bad line change.. nope, it was just an idiotic play with 24 seconds left.. 5 seconds later and cue the piano!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad