Recalled/Assigned: 2021 Colorado Eagles (AHL) and Utah Grizzlies (ECHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I mean it was obvious last off season that both Francouz an Grubauer were big injury risks, and they should get a competent #3 but they didn't.

And not only that, Sakic said they knew early that Franky would be done for the season and they still waited until the deadline. Then ended up getting very questionable goaltenders in JJ and Dubnyk.

So I wouldn't be that surprised to see them not really address it next off season either. They just have a strong apathy towards the 3G role on the team for some reason, even though multiple times now they've had to rely upon it.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I mean it was obvious last off season that both Francouz an Grubauer were big injury risks, and they should get a competent #3 but they didn't.

And not only that, Sakic said they knew early that Franky would be done for the season and they still waited until the deadline. Then ended up getting very questionable goaltenders in JJ and Dubnyk.

So I wouldn't be that surprised to see them not really address it next off season either. They just have a strong apathy towards the 3G role on the team for some reason, even though multiple times now they've had to rely upon it.
Add in pandemic uncertainty which could knock a goalie out of days or weeks at a moment’s notice which happened with Miska’s false positive and then Grubauer and Dubnyk’s positives. And that they were required to have a third goalie around the entire season on at least the taxi squad. It really is baffling.

It seriously goes back to when the Leafs lost two goalies to waivers and they are deathly afraid of the same happening to them so they’ll do anything to get a waiver exempt or cleared goalie and just go without a third for large stretches of time.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I’m not so sure that Miska will be on the Eagles next year. With Avs goaltending jam, he could easily find himself as the starter for Grizzlies with Jones, while Johanssen and Annunen are the goalers for the Eagles.
I go with
Eagles:
Shabbadoo
Justuss

Grizzlies:
Miska
Miner

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Not sure if y’all put it in the GDT or something but final callups from the AHL are

Kaut
Ranta
Tynan
Salomaki
Burroughs
Middleton
Annunen
Werner

I don’t believe they will be in St Louis (had just been in Cali themselves) but should join the group when Avs return.

No Miska is very curious as he’s healthy afaik and even been on taxi squad recently. If no call now I think everyone else just goes home.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
ya what is the deal with bowers
would he have any value around the league

Probably not. Maybe a swap for another prospect not developing as hoped. Or he stays, and when he's waiver eligible and passes through, a collective hf boards will gasp in awe, as per usual with former 1st-rounders in that situation.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Probably not. Maybe a swap for another prospect not developing as hoped. Or he stays, and when he's waiver eligible and passes through, a collective hf boards will gasp in awe, as per usual with former 1st-rounders in that situation.
He’s has one more year of waiver exemption left.

Salomaki was awful in the AHL. No puck skill, terrible defensively.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

Brett44

Feb 11, 2017
Is it possible that what is missing has hopes like Bowers and Kaut to play in NHL in order to increase their level of play? Better supervised and above all a greater challenge.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Kinda surprised Petrovek got another job this soon after the Stockton lease debacle. He's got plenty of experience running the show in the minors and the Avs aren't looking to move the Eagles, so he'll probably do a solid job.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
ya what is the deal with bowers
would he have any value around the league

Probably just as a prospect swap or a throw in for a larger trade.

I think the Avs let him play out his ELC though before moving him. They've been high him in the past, and his goal pace was better on the wing this year, so I'm pretty sure they'll want to see what he has next year.

If he doesn't take another step next year though, knowing this team, we might see a prospect swap around the deadline.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Probably just as a prospect swap or a throw in for a larger trade.

I think the Avs let him play out his ELC though before moving him. They've been high him in the past, and his goal pace was better on the wing this year, so I'm pretty sure they'll want to see what he has next year.

If he doesn't take another step next year though, knowing this team, we might see a prospect swap around the deadline.
When his ELC is up he’s no longer waiver exempt, that’s about the extent on value.

Reactions: Foppa2118

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
When his ELC is up he’s no longer waiver exempt, that’s about the extent on value.

Which I think is usually why they make those prospect swaps around the deadline. Gives the other team a chance to see how they play on their team, before making any longer term decisions.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Yeah those Quad A guys just impact so differently there but I’m beyond tired of Tynan even at that level. I can’t can’t watch him throw the puck without passing it TO someone any longer.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Yeah those Quad A guys just impact so differently there but I’m beyond tired of Tynan even at that level. I can’t can’t watch him throw the puck without passing it TO someone any longer.
I didn’t know he was such a bad passer. His statline reflect a playmaker. How does he pull it off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad