Recalled/Assigned: 2021 Colorado Eagles (AHL) and Utah Grizzlies (ECHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I do not buy those negatives of Tynan from tigre as an AHL player. He's as good of a freakin' player you would hope that is also comfortable at being an all-star at that level lol. You still have a ton of try-hards trying to be the next Tim Thomas, Gemel Smith, MacNorris, etc and still make the Chel full-time.

Reactions: henchman21

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
They’ve always had some AHL vets who produce. Agozzino, Ben Street to name a couple. Doesn’t really matter. Eagles were not a good team this year.

There really wasn’t anything to win, so...:dunno:

Tynan turned in enough to warrant an award, and some key prospects were given opportunities and ran with them. I’d say that’s still a successful season even if it didn’t end with a lot of wins or postseason success (they won one playoff play-in game so there’s that at least).

Reactions: McMetal

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Yeah, the development we saw from guys like Foudy and Kaut make the season a success. The AHL was a mess this year thanks to the taxi squads keeping the fringe players out of commission, but at least some prospects shone for us.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
They’ve always had some AHL vets who produce. Agozzino, Ben Street to name a couple. Doesn’t really matter. Eagles were not a good team this year.
The entire AHL was super top-heavy this year with the taxi squad and with Avs injury list didn't really help that situation either (for example didn't the Eagles use like 7-8 goalers or something?). I am not trying to make an excuse as to why the Eagles were bad, especially after the last couple of years of being actually decent. However, Tynan was a central factor in Eagles actually being competitive and when Avs sent him down, it was noticeable difference in the offensive threat compared to when he was with the Avs. I just find it really odd to consider him a negative, especially to a player who just won MVP of that said league. I personally hope Avs can keep him for a long-time, we need some stability down there, definitely in the offensive creativity category as Newhook has a small chance of playing for them again, Foudy has to go back to the OHL next season, Kaut might be with big club or gone, and everyone else was rubbish. Only player who can step up offensively is Bowers, but he's still a wildcard at this point in terms of offensive production on the stat sheet. We need to keep Tynan.

Reactions: PAZ

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I watched every game he played in, I’m not a fan of Tynan’s game and I get what these Quad A guys are supposed to bring. I’m sure they can pay 500k guaranteed to find another one. Vet consistency would be a thing if it happened or they keep someone organically as a prospect who grew into that role. These guys move on and get paid well elsewhere too.

Reactions: Foppa2118

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I don’t see a huge difference between a guy like Tynan and getting a draftee to grow into that role. He’s the captain and just won MVP. If the Eagles like him, the fans like him, the Avs like him, and they can keep him for a season or two longer, then keep him. Plenty of other spots and roles for prospects.

Reactions: MarkT

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I don’t see a huge difference between a guy like Tynan and getting a draftee to grow into that role. He’s the captain and just won MVP. If the Eagles like him, the fans like him, the Avs like him, and they can keep him for a season or two longer, then keep him. Plenty of other spots and roles for prospects.

There's only so much they're willing to spend on the AHL team though. Especially as a cap NHL team.

Tynan's gonna command a pretty decent AHL raise after winning that MVP, and he's already making a guaranteed $500k in the AHL. I'd rather they spend that money on guys who might be able to do more than Tynan in an NHL callup.

They should still be able to find AHL all stars to build a competitive team without Tynan. These guys just end up being AHL mercenaries going to the highest bidder at a certain point. Which is what they should do honestly, it's best for their financial stability post career.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I mean…what’s really a “significant AHL raise?” I’m not saying the man is irreplaceable, I just don’t have an issue with him coming back.

Significant in the sense that it's enough for the Avs to move on.

Patrick Brown and Tyrell Goulbourne for Vegas made $700k in the AHL and $700k in the NHL last year. Probably something similar to that. John Quenneville made $800k in the AHL and $800k in the NHL last year.

A $100k+ raise is enough for a team to move on from an AHL player. The Avs have moved on from guys for less. They also don't tend to keep guys that have disappointed in their NHL callups.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
This seems like a strange flex
7DF3D663-6806-4515-9434-8CAE3FC4284F.jpeg

Reactions: Foppa2118
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Looking for info on some players who made their NHL debut last season. What kind of future outlook do these guys have?

Sampo Ranta
Keaton Middleton
Kyle Burroughs

Middleton and Burroughs are just AHL depth guys. Ranta has a chance to be a middle-6, poorman's Kreider. Basically, a guy that may not have the best hockey sense, but is a bull, goes to the dirty areas, and has a nose for the net (at least from his college days). He will need to develop a bit more if he's going to be making a real impact.

Reactions: Legionnaire11

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Middleton and Burroughs are nothing players.

Ranta has a future. I'm not sure how high he gets in the Avs lineup but I think he will be an every day player at least in a bottom 6 role. Definitely see Top 6 upside though.

I think Ranta will be on the Avs roster next season as a cheap 4th line option.

I see LOC and Ranta as the 4th line wingers.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Ranta right now is a very poor man's Nuke when he first entered the league. Hopefully he has the ability to turn into regular Nuke with time.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
The thing I like about Middleton is he's huge and waiver-exempt for two more seasons (or 60 NHL games). He's also only 23. Could be a lowkey way for us to end up with our own Hakanpaa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad