Recalled/Assigned: 2021 Colorado Eagles (AHL) and Utah Grizzlies (ECHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brett44

Feb 11, 2017
Our defence group is very big in ahl , can we give some pound and inch to Samuel ,Makar and Byram

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Eagles signed three players...

Trey Bradley at eliteprospects.com
Andrew Nielsen at eliteprospects.com
Luke Martin at eliteprospects.com

Like who in our organisation - that has serious pull - keeps valuing these tough defensive-defencemen that can't skate? It's not just prospects like Anderson or Siemens, but also trading for Nemeth and McDermid. Nielsen and Martin were highly touted prospects even though it seem they aren't going anywhere based on those nums.

I think it's done for different reasons. In the NHL, I think they correctly recognized that guys like Girard, Toews, and Makar in his second season shouldn't be fully relied upon to be in the top defensive roles on the team. They needed a little help in that area with EJ out. Not that Nemeth was a great choice, but you know what I mean.

In the AHL, I can't comment on these new guys, but in general I think the idea would be similar in that they don't want to throw the prospects to the wolves. They don't want every defensive breakdown to end up in the back of the net, and impact a prospect's confidence, which could impact his development.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Eagles signed three players...

Trey Bradley at eliteprospects.com
Andrew Nielsen at eliteprospects.com
Luke Martin at eliteprospects.com

Like who in our organisation - that has serious pull - keeps valuing these tough defensive-defencemen that can't skate? It's not just prospects like Anderson or Siemens, but also trading for Nemeth and McDermid. Nielsen and Martin were highly touted prospects even though it seem they aren't going anywhere based on those nums.
Yeah!

We should be getting forwards like that!

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Going by last year only Kaut was allowed on the top line and first PP unit, not sure I’d expect anything different.

Sherwood, Sikura, Matteau, Megna, Wingerli will get the bulk of the top 6 opportunities. Then add in AHL contracted dudes they love like Burke and Wagner.

They play a type of game that doesn’t score in general and then the above will get all the PP1, 6v5, 5v6, OT minutes. So I wouldn’t expect a lot of production from prospects. They have to get every inch at 5v5 and from the third or fourth line.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Going by last year only Kaut was allowed on the top line and first PP unit, not sure I’d expect anything different.

Sherwood, Sikura, Matteau, Megna, Wingerli will get the bulk of the top 6 opportunities. Then add in AHL contracted dudes they love like Burke and Wagner.

They play a type of game that doesn’t score in general and then the above will get all the PP1, 6v5, 5v6, OT minutes. So I wouldn’t expect a lot of production from prospects. They have to get every inch at 5v5 and from the third or fourth line.

I doubt Matteau gets pp time, seems like a 3rd liner even in the AHL. I don't see how guys like Burke or Wagner will be above Ranta who was better than them in college.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Not completely relevant anymore, but found it funny. We know what Army is preaching before every game. 'Start the game on time!'

I learned a great deal in nine years with Ron, and I worked for some other good head coaches in Joe Sacco, Jared Bednar, Patrick Roy … so that’s ever-evolving. So, yeah, I can say that over the years, as the game continues to evolve, that you’ve got to be out ahead of it.

https://theahl.com/35-years-in-army-still-evolving-as-a-coach

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Army has been excellent in the AHL. Wouldn't shock me at all to see him get a NHL job soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad