Recalled/Assigned: 2021 Colorado Eagles (AHL) and Utah Grizzlies (ECHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nammerus

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
Yeah Barron fits in really well to the style and system. Nice seeing him try some plays too and taking the shot when it’s there. I’d like to see him get a bit more aggressive on the PP but that’s not just him either. He’s done well physically too.

How is he defensively?

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Yeah Barron fits in really well to the style and system. Nice seeing him try some plays too and taking the shot when it’s there. I’d like to see him get a bit more aggressive on the PP but that’s not just him either. He’s done well physically too.

Barron's a guy that would fit well in any system. He's just a good hockey player.

Great combination of skill, smarts, and speed with decent size. He'll fit the Avs style to a tee though.

Mac2Rants

Sep 25, 2017
NS
Barron's a guy that would fit well in any system. He's just a good hockey player.

Great combination of skill, smarts, and speed with decent size. He'll fit the Avs style to a tee though.
Really hope he can carve out a role as a decent #4 with the left stacked that's all he would need to be, not to mention Timmins, Helleson.

Reactions: Foppa2118

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Guess it’s Black Aces time. Will they just let Ranta go to the Worlds or are they gonna hold onto him?

So Miska really didn’t play much down the stretch. Is he really coming back or is the organization done with him?

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Really hope he can carve out a role as a decent #4 with the left stacked that's all he would need to be, not to mention Timmins, Helleson.

It's probably unlikely that all three stick around as righties if they become NHLers, but the guy who is the best bet to stick around IMO is Barron.

He fits best into how the Avs and Bednar like to play and he's also the youngest of the group so he'll be cheap for a while. Which is what they'll need from their other defenseman.

Reactions: Richard88

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Justus with 30 saves on 33 shots.

They were up against Korenar and SJ so it was gonna be a tough outing anyway.

Ranta scores the last goal of the season for the Eagles. Hope he makes the Avs next year.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Do you think he has a legitimate shot of making the NHL roster as soon as the start of next season?

Mac2Rants

Sep 25, 2017
NS
It's probably unlikely that all three stick around as righties if they become NHLers, but the guy who is the best bet to stick around IMO is Barron.

He fits best into how the Avs and Bednar like to play and he's also the youngest of the group so he'll be cheap for a while. Which is what they'll need from their other defenseman.
oh, no doubt all 3 won't be here, agree with the rest too. leaves the avs with some nice trade pieces.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Guess it’s Black Aces time. Will they just let Ranta go to the Worlds or are they gonna hold onto him?

So Miska really didn’t play much down the stretch. Is he really coming back or is the organization done with him?

He has a contract and nobody in their right mind would trade for him... so I'd say he's coming back.

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
They won't buy him out. He's likely destined to be the guy helping Annunen next year in Loveland.
Don't you think the Avs would want to bring back Jonas Johansson? If they do, and there's no taxi squad, then Johansson would be the No.3 insulating Annunen.

Going with Miska as the teams No.3 again would be a mistake, especially given that Francouz has just missed an entire season. Bringing back Johansson would provide better depth, and Miska would thereby presumably be in the ECHL to insulate Miner (assuming he signs before June 1st), with Werner being let go.

Grubauer
Francouz

Johansson
Annunen

Miska
Miner

Reactions: MarkT and ljb4

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Don't you think the Avs would want to bring back Jonas Johansson? If they do, and there's no taxi squad, then Johansson would be the No.3 insulating Annunen.

Going with Miska as the teams No.3 again would be a mistake, especially given that Francouz has just missed an entire season. Bringing back Johansson would provide better depth, and Miska would thereby presumably be in the ECHL to insulate Miner (assuming he signs before June 1st), with Werner being let go.

Grubauer
Francouz

Johansson
Annunen

Miska
Miner

JoJo is a UFA... has to be a two way street and I don't think the Avs should go with him as their 3 next year. Frank should be the 3 with a backup being brought in. I doubt the Avs will go that path, but I'd feel much better with a Grub-Bernier-Frank situation given all of the histories.

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
JoJo is a UFA... has to be a two way street and I don't think the Avs should go with him as their 3 next year. Frank should be the 3 with a backup being brought in. I doubt the Avs will go that path, but I'd feel much better with a Grub-Bernier-Frank situation given all of the histories.
Problem with having Francouz as the No.3 is that you risk losing him to waivers for nothing at the start of the season, and he'd carry close to a $1m caphit even in the minors.

Reactions: MarkT

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Problem with having Francouz as the No.3 is that you risk losing him to waivers for nothing at the start of the season, and he'd carry close to a $1m caphit even in the minors.
I don't think anybody is grabbing him after missing a full season with a flat cap and his salary. If they did, it would be doing the Avs a bit of a favor IMO. The cap hit sucks, but $1m is workable with an offseason of planning.

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
I don't think anybody is grabbing him after missing a full season with a flat cap and his salary. If they did, it would be doing the Avs a bit of a favor IMO. The cap hit sucks, but $1m is workable with an offseason of planning.
Signing Bernier and having Francouz as No.3 would be pretty optimal, but is that really realistic given that they'll have to resign Grubauer AND Bernier (or another goalie) in UFA? That could easily end up being a lot of capspace spent on goalies, so going cheap on the No.3 may be necessary.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Signing Bernier and having Francouz as No.3 would be pretty optimal, but is that really realistic given that they'll have to resign Grubauer AND Bernier (or another goalie) in UFA? That could easily end up being a lot of capspace spent on goalies, so going cheap on the No.3 may be necessary.

Depends on how the expansion draft goes and if Kroenke is willing to buy out EJ and Compher if they can't be moved. It involves moving pieces, but being more stable in net would be a large positive for the team.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Goddammit if he's the number three next season...

I guess it depends on if they do taxi squads next year.

I don't think he'll be the 3, but they are pretty much tied to him. Annunen will be in Loveland, so just a matter of if there is another guy added and Miska floats around or get paid to do nothing.

Taxi squads won't happen. Too expensive and detrimental to the AHL product. This one season that was kinda iffy in the AHL this year it was tolerable... next year the AHL has to make some money or 10+ teams will need to be sold or fold.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I don't think he'll be the 3, but they are pretty much tied to him. Annunen will be in Loveland, so just a matter of if there is another guy added and Miska floats around or get paid to do nothing.

Taxi squads won't happen. Too expensive and detrimental to the AHL product. This one season that was kinda iffy in the AHL this year it was tolerable... next year the AHL has to make some money or 10+ teams will need to be sold or fold.

Okay well if he floats around that's fine. I don't even care if he's the AHL guy--he was relatively good for the Eagles. But I think Joe knows he can't possibly be tried at the NHL level ever again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad