Recalled/Assigned: 2021 Colorado Eagles (AHL) and Utah Grizzlies (ECHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
What's a potential lineup for the Eagles looking like?
Probably still a day or two before that is settled. Still only 22F and 11D in the org. Eagles got a few guys to shuffle around, but as it looks Avs are sending ~9F ~3D to the Eagles and solid about of uncertainty if they expand that.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Probably still a day or two before that is settled. Still only 22F and 11D in the org. Eagles got a few guys to shuffle around, but as it looks Avs are sending ~9F ~3D to the Eagles and solid about of uncertainty if they expand that.

Our Eagles D looks nice and beefy, no?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

Middleton is the only 'big' guy... the rest are average or slightly above. Barron's role (and to a lesser extent MacDonald) is going to decide a lot. If both end up in the NHL, the Eagles are filled with low skill, solid skating, solid defense AHL 4-6 type guys. If Barron and MacDonald end up in Loveland, they are nicely balanced that should be able to roll all 3 pairings nicely.

MaKarter

Big Game Bo
Jun 21, 2019
Fort Collins CO
Middleton is the only 'big' guy... the rest are average or slightly above. Barron's role (and to a lesser extent MacDonald) is going to decide a lot. If both end up in the NHL, the Eagles are filled with low skill, solid skating, solid defense AHL 4-6 type guys. If Barron and MacDonald end up in Loveland, they are nicely balanced that should be able to roll all 3 pairings nicely.
Has it been decided where Foudy plays next year? Does he get to stay with the Eagles?

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Rumors of certain players like Foudy can play in the AHL, but I don't think the details are well known right now.

Would be huge for a lot of (then) 18 year olds who actually flourished in the AHL last season and would benefit from another year + there

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

tumblr_mm30x3IIgh1qcstqzo1_400.gif

Reactions: RoyIsALegend

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Does it though?

Let the young guys get those minutes so they can develop. I don’t see why we need Tynan down there who has no NHL future.
Do we have a player who has #1 centre potential in our system? Every AHL squad needs that #1 centre and #1 defender so you're not pushing players beyond their limit and ruin their development+confidence. It's true though you need a fine line between both aspects, but Tynan is an extremely important piece for any AHL team.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Do we have a player who has #1 centre potential in our system? Every AHL squad needs that #1 centre and #1 defender so you're not pushing players beyond their limit and ruin their development+confidence. It's true though you need a fine line between both aspects, but Tynan is an extremely important piece for any AHL team.
Sakic seems intent on adding a 2LW judging by the offer to Saad and links to Tatar, so unless the plan is to trade Jost or Compher it could be that the plan is to have Newhook start the season in the AHL as the 1C...

Landeskog --- Mackinnon --- Rantanen
2LW ------------- Kadri -------- Burakovsky
Nichuskin -------- Jost --------- Compher
Helm ----------- Maltsev ------- O'Connor

Where does Newhook fit in with this lineup? I guess Maltsev/Helm could drop out, with Compher or Jost dropping to the 4th line for Newhook to play 3C/3RW?

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019

I’m not sure I want players with no potential getting prime opportunities. He was definitely a key player for that team. I agree on that.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
We could have a pretty big group of prospects playing together in the AHL this year, especially if Newhook starts there.

Ranta --- Newhook --- Kaut
Bowers --- Foudy ----- Beaucage

xxxxx -- Barron

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Tynan was an extremely selfish player who did not make the players around him better. Yeah a few of those AAAA guys are needed to be stars on the AHL squads (and here’s a hint, don’t call them up!) but there’s a reason why those guys change homes every couple of years.

When penciling in the Eagles lineup take into account AHL contracts which have populated the lineup a lot more than people realize. Guys like Ryan Wagner are absolutely lineup regulars.

Bone Breaker

Apr 2, 2015
Tokyo

assuming LOC and Newhook will be in the Avs, after this AHL deal with Mutala they should have already a full roster, no?

Megna, Matteau, Sherwood, Sykura, Bowers, Ranta, Beaucage, Kaut, Wingerli, Foudy, Henry, Mutala.

on D, assuming Gilbert re-signs and McKeown stays there

Barron, Clurman, McKeown, MacDonald, Middleton, Gilbert, Hamilton

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Has it been decided where Foudy plays next year? Does he get to stay with the Eagles?
Dreger had a tweet before the frenzy if anyone wants to find it but said anyone who had 20 AHL GP last yea (Foudy had 34) which accounts for about 8 guys from the OHL might be allowed to play there the coming year.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
assuming LOC and Newhook will be in the Avs, after this AHL deal with Mutala they should have already a full roster, no?

Megna, Matteau, Sherwood, Sykura, Bowers, Ranta, Beaucage, Kaut, Wingerli, Foudy, Henry, Mutala.

on D, assuming Gilbert re-signs and McKeown stays there

Barron, Clurman, McKeown, MacDonald, Middleton, Gilbert, Hamilton
Good guess on D, I’d add Eglund who they apparently signed yesterday. I don’t think Avs will waive MacDonald.

I think Newhook will start with Avs. Mutala and Beaucage are ECHL threats tho Beaucage might make it to Christmas. Henry might not start either. Of the AHL contracts Wagner for sure will play, I expect Burke as well. Dalton Smith they just signed too. Tardiff, Boucher might be more callup types.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Sakic seems intent on adding a 2LW judging by the offer to Saad and links to Tatar, so unless the plan is to trade Jost or Compher it could be that the plan is to have Newhook start the season in the AHL as the 1C...

Landeskog --- Mackinnon --- Rantanen
2LW ------------- Kadri -------- Burakovsky
Nichuskin -------- Jost --------- Compher
Helm ----------- Maltsev ------- O'Connor

Where does Newhook fit in with this lineup? I guess Maltsev/Helm could drop out, with Compher or Jost dropping to the 4th line for Newhook to play 3C/3RW?
I do think Sakic will not push Newhook and if he isn't ready, that's how a deal for Helm works out, but I guarantee you that he's banking that he, Compher, and Jost all replace the players they've lost in some way or another. As Hench mentioned in the other thread, Avs with Sakic are more looking like the Winnipeg Jets 2.0 than a more aggressive team. There are pros and cons to either one, since you could do what Columbus did and hope on a prayer or stay back and have your chance pass you buy. I am fine with a more aggressive approach, but you gotta use your assets to the best of your ability and trading that much for a soon-to-be UFA goaler is still asinine even if Kuemper himself was not necessarily a bad target.

I’m not sure I want players with no potential getting prime opportunities. He was definitely a key player for that team. I agree on that.
I brought up a #1 centre because very rarely do teams prospects who have #1 centre potential ever play in the AHL. There's probably more, but off the top of my head Zegras is one of the few that I remember and he's been between wing/centre. Majority of the time #1 centre potential players tend to jump from their junior league into the NHL as they're drafted always high. Players like Bowers and others who are tweeners need to get more development time compared to ones like MacKinnon, Draisaitl, Matthews, Point, Crosby, and Malkin to name a few. That is why I don't agree with your opinion, Bowers and other prospects like him rarely can play as a #1 centre in the AHL as they either reach the NHL before then or aren't ready for that opportunity because their game is flawed, raw, or lacks talent. That's why talent like Tynan is so important.

Reactions: RoyIsALegend

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Looks like Luka Burzan is also coming back on an AHL deal. Since he doesn't have an ELC or anything, I guess he and Mutala don't count as "prospects", but this means Avs get the inside track on offering him an ELC if they do develop into something.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Looks like Luka Burzan is also coming back on an AHL deal. Since he doesn't have an ELC or anything, I guess he and Mutala don't count as "prospects", but this means Avs get the inside track on offering him an ELC if they do develop into something.

I feel like this won't be the last time we see this from some of Hepple's later picks. Not good enough to warrant an ELC, and probably never will be, but they're familiar with the org.
Joe won't be stuck with a load of Pracey's failed picks on ELCs ever again.

Bone Breaker

Apr 2, 2015
Tokyo
so Mutala and Burzan are still in the org but the Avs doesn't hold their rights anymore? and what about Kvaca, did they lost his rights too? I saw he apparently needed to be signed until past June.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->