Line Combos: 2021/22 Roster Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Chinakhov doesn't look out of place in the top 6 the way Bemstrom has in the past.
Please tell me when Bemstrom got to play consistently in the top 6, with a player like Voracek. His most common linemates were Grigorenko and Roslovic, and before that Milano and Dubois.

Chinakhov has already played 42 mins with Voracek and Sillinger, Bemstrom played a whopping 50 mins with Roslovic and Grig all of last year…

Jan

Jan 30, 2021
Yegor is better at the 4-5 foot passes in tight spaces, for one.
That can be.

And has a better shot IMO
About his shot being better, so this is why that specific shot has so far earn us zero goals (The goal he made was not really a shot but a smart pass into the goal).
Well may be one on a redirect.

Yegor will surely be an amazing player, but his shot may be fine, but how do you measure a shot that lead to almost no goals?

I will say so far this season, there are two players that has not benefitted enough playing with our two best right winger, that is Gus and Yegor.

Last edited:
Reactions: thebus88

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
(The goal he made was not really a shot but a smart pass into the goal)..

Well then he passes so quickly it hits the back of the net before the goalie has his legs shut.... I wish I could pass like that.

Yegor's shot is objectively amazing. And Bemmer's is good too, just not on that level.

I'd say Bemmer's puckhandling should be better - but he's been out of the lineup so much and had so much inconsistency, it's hard to say. He is definitely the more agile skater.

Bookker

Sep 17, 2010
Well then he passes so quickly it hits the back of the net before the goalie has his legs shut.... I wish I could pass like that.

Yegor's shot is objectively amazing. And Bemmer's is good too, just not on that level.

I'd say Bemmer's puckhandling should be better - but he's been out of the lineup so much and had so much inconsistency, it's hard to say. He is definitely the more agile skater.
Couldn't agree more once again :sarcasm:
To nuance slightly I would say Chinakhov has obviously a more powerful shot - it's a freaking rocket - but maybe less accurate than Bemstrom's shot
For now at least, from what I see

Reactions: thebus88

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Chinakhov looks incredible. That was a solid pick by Kekelainen that got a lot of flack at the time.

What is the deal with Domi's injury? Is it long term? Will the Jackets be looking to re-sign him in the offseason?

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
We need to keep in mind that right now Chinakhov is trying to play extremely safe and he tries to get rid of the puck as soon as possible, he’s a rookie and is shy to try anything out of ordinary. Once he gets more comfortable and gets more credibility, I think we will start seeing slightly different performance

Reactions: VT

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Chinakhov looks incredible. That was a solid pick by Kekelainen that got a lot of flack at the time.

What is the deal with Domi's injury? Is it long term? Will the Jackets be looking to re-sign him in the offseason?

He’s out with covid right now. He was playing through broken ribs as well, so it’s unknown whether this delay is issues with his covid recovery or if they’re just waiting until he’s 100% healthy from everything.

As for signing, we’ll see.

Reactions: LeafChief

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
We need to keep in mind that right now Chinakhov is trying to play extremely safe and he tries to get rid of the puck as soon as possible, he’s a rookie and is shy to try anything out of ordinary. Once he gets more comfortable and gets more credibility, I think we will start seeing slightly different performance

Puck carrying is not a big part of his game though, at least he didn't try to do much in the Omsk and Russia Jr games I watched. And I'm fine with that - if his one or two touches are smartly done. And I've gotten more optimistic about that.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Kraken legend Bayreuther doesnt belong in the roster. Kukan is needed

Werenski, Bean
Gavrikov, Boqvist
Carlsson, Peeke

Boqvist can`t play with Carlsson IMHO.
Please, not Bayreuther or Harrington.

Never knew how much I'd miss Kukan

Gavrikov needs to stay with Peeke, they had a dominant game tonight

It was today but will it always?

Kukan and Carlsson need to rotate each other every few games when everyone is healthy. I don’t want either of them in there all the time. Harrington HS at #8. Bayreuther to Cleveland.

Gav/Peeke is what serves as a shut-down pair for CBJ. I’m having trouble deciding if they should be paired all the time or just situationally.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
#happythoughtsonly

If?

Of course, and that’s why you have depth. There’s been occasional hand-wringing about the team’s depth but I feel like it’s been generally good. This season’s blueline is weaker in terms of experience and d-zone play, but I still feel like there are 8 guys I don’t mind seeing, if/when needed. Even with a couple injuries, it’s not like Harry has been a staple in the lineup.

The difference with the depth is less about depth and more about the regulars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad