Line Combos: 2021/22 Roster Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
J.T. Miller has consistently been around ppg in three seasons as a Canuck. That to me is consistency. I wouldn't give him $8m per.

You mean, for the last 122 regular season games (about 1,5 full seasons) he has been 0.97 PPG player and he had even PPG playoffs. Yeah, I give you that.

But as his career PPG for regular seasons is as low as 0.64. That just also happens to be his PPG for last 3 seasons before his current 5.25M AAV contract.

If J.T. Miller had longer history for being a PPG player and not history of being 0.64 PPG player, I think he would get about 8M.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
You mean, for the last 122 regular season games (about 1,5 full seasons) he has been 0.97 PPG player and he had even PPG playoffs. Yeah, I give you that.

But as his career PPG for regular seasons is as low as 0.64. That just also happens to be his PPG for last 3 seasons before his current 5.25M AAV contract.

If J.T. Miller had longer history for being a PPG player and not history of being 0.64 PPG player, I think he would get about 8M.

I'm aware of what players are paid. I'm saying I would not do that.

Reactions: Halberdier

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Let’s pump the breaks on Danforth. I’m rooting for the guy but he’s played all of one game. There are a bunch of guys who aren’t the answer who’ve played well in spurts.
Come on DSL! Don’t you know in football the backup QB is the fan favorite; and in hockey it’s a guy not playing in the lineup?
:laugh: :laugh:

Reactions: DarkandStormy

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I for one am completely unconcerned about Roz. He's working on his defensive game and the rest of the team can afford for him to do so 'cause they're playing well. It's a necessary thing for him if he's going to be a long-term solution here.

Reactions: majormajor

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Jack Roslovic has played ~136 minutes at 5v5 and has just 3 assists. He's getting favorable zone starts (25 in the oZone, 30 in the netural zone, just 8 in the dZone, with 117 coming on the fly).

What the heck is going on? He played the 2nd-fewest 5v5 minutes last night (8:42). I don't think he looked bad.

Is he in the doghouse or is this just a matter of Robinson-Kuraly-Texier playing well enough for middle six minutes?

Bookker

Sep 17, 2010
Texier is now our 2nd goal scorer behind Jenner :eek: :naughty:
Funny thing after the 40+ scoreless games of last season

BTW Bjorkstrand is such a beast :sarcasm:
Massive game last night

Last edited:
Reactions: Jan

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Texier is now our 2nd goal scorer behind Jenner :eek: :naughty:
Funny thing after the 40+ scoreless games of last season

Otherwise Bjorkstrand is such a beast :sarcasm:
Massive game last night
Tex has 2 EN from 5, Bjorkstrand 1 EN from 5 (if only about goals becasue he had many chances). Jenner 0 EN.
------------------------------------------
Yes, Roslo was better with Hofmann and Danforth but neither Gregory nor Justin aren`t NHL level players. Toughness isn`t enough for all games. I hope that Bjork and Gus will start to score from their chances, because if not, we might have problems in the next games.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Jack Roslovic has played ~136 minutes at 5v5 and has just 3 assists. He's getting favorable zone starts (25 in the oZone, 30 in the netural zone, just 8 in the dZone, with 117 coming on the fly).

What the heck is going on? He played the 2nd-fewest 5v5 minutes last night (8:42). I don't think he looked bad.

Is he in the doghouse or is this just a matter of Robinson-Kuraly-Texier playing well enough for middle six minutes?

Roslovic is in the doghouse.

I for one am completely unconcerned about Roz. He's working on his defensive game and the rest of the team can afford for him to do so 'cause they're playing well. It's a necessary thing for him if he's going to be a long-term solution here.

I see him improving some things but he isn't going to make it long term if he doesn't get either more minutes or better linemates. Players like him can't survive in the league like this.

Reactions: VT

LJ7

Mar 19, 2021
Ohio
I see him improving some things but he isn't going to make it long term if he doesn't get either more minutes or better linemates. Players like him can't survive in the league like this.
If the coaches really want to get him going they could put Domi and Bemstrom on his wings when they're back. If that wouldn't work then idk what will. If it would work out it would take a lot of pressure off the other lines. As much as I like 50-7-42 it would be nice if we didn't have to count on them as much.

I wonder if he'd be better at wing. Unfortunately due to the center to winger ratio here that won't happen this season.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011

Ros - 3 assists with 2 in first game. 0-1-1 in last 12.

Jan

Jan 30, 2021
Ros - 3 assists with 2 in first game. 0-1-1 in last 12.

Yes, Roslo was better with Hofmann and Danforth but neither Gregory nor Justin aren`t NHL level players. Toughness isn`t enough for all games. I hope that Bjork and Gus will start to score from their chances, because if not, we might have problems in the next games.
Well he is where he has played up to.

If you listen to one of the interviews from both Jack Roslovic and Brad Larsen.
The Jack had expected to be on the first line, to start the season, which he had probably been if he had played up to what Jenner has.
Because if Roslovic had understand that his line had been the first line, if he had focused on his passing play, instead of his individual play.
It is however clear, that Roslovic was focused on showcasing individual skills in hope on playing higher up in the Laine up than he thought he already was.

Brad Larsen said, that he did not dare put him on a line with Laine, because of both of them had been very weak defensive last season.
When Texier did not work out on the first line and the fact Bjorkstrand seams to produce in the start with out much help.
Larsen could not risk Roslovic, playing his individual play destroyed a well playing pair pair of Laine and Voracek, so he never got the chance. So Jenner was put in as center on this line.
That defiantly didn't help Roslovic, for me to see he became even more focused on individual prove himself and by doing that he truly failed.

Now his line is the fourth line, and he has made it very difficult for himself. His line made had been short of as awful as he has been in many games.
His only hope to raise in the line up, is that when first Domi and Bemstrom returns, that he can get the help needed. He will however have to start playing with his linemates, and that has been his problem all season.
His passes has been bad, and to be in the upper lineup, you have at least be a good passer.
Roslovic couldn't even net the open net passes he got from Bjorkstrand, when he was on what could had been the first line.

This is at least how I see it.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Well he is where he has played up to.

If you listen to one of the interviews from both Jack Roslovic and Brad Larsen.
The Jack had expected to be on the first line, to start the season, which he had probably been if he had played up to what Jenner has.
Because if Roslovic had understand that his line had been the first line, if he had focused on his passing play, instead of his individual play.
It is however clear, that Roslovic was focused on showcasing individual skills in hope on playing higher up in the Laine up than he thought he already was.

Brad Larsen said, that he did not dare put him on a line with Laine, because of both of them had been very weak defensive last season.
When Texier did not work out on the first line and the fact Bjorkstrand seams to produce in the start with out much help.
Larsen could not risk Roslovic, playing his individual play destroyed a well playing pair pair of Laine and Voracek, so he never got the chance. So Jenner was put in as center on this line.
That defiantly didn't help Roslovic, for me to see he became even more focused on individual prove himself and by doing that he truly failed.

Now his line is the fourth line, and he has made it very difficult for himself. His line made had been short of as awful as he has been in many games.
His only hope to raise in the line up, is that when first Domi and Bemstrom returns, that he can get the help needed. He will however have to start playing with his linemates, and that has been his problem all season.
His passes has been bad, and to be in the upper lineup, you have at least be a good passer.
Roslovic couldn't even net the open net passes he got from Bjorkstrand, when he was on what could had been the first line.

This is at least how I see it.
I think you're right. But the situation could change. Lars could let Voracek with Sillinger and Chinakhov. Laine is very good in defense now so he could mamaybe play with Domi. As third I prefer either Bemmer or Foudy (Liam is speed, very good in for/back checking, around the boards, and offense isn't bad). If Jack isn't better, I mean he wouldn't feed his partners but himself, maybe HS could help him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jan

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006

hi, regarding JT miller, you have to look at utilization. in the canucks the past 3 years, he is a top 6 forward. when put into that role, he has been close to a PPG player, even when all our forwards are struggling right now, he has still produced. in TB, he was on the 4th line, you have to compare apples to apples. in the rangers, he hasn't broken out yet.

back on topic, Miller is a PPG player, but not worth 8 million I can see an argument for that. but he is currently making 5.25 for the next 2 years, that is a freakin deal. he should be making 7 in the current marketplace.

I came here to ask what is happening with Domi btw.... does he have long COVID or something?

Reactions: Halberdier and VT

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I came here to ask what is happening with Domi btw.... does he have long COVID or something?

We don't even know if he ever had covid symptoms. He might be f***ed up or totally unaffected. He went in to the covid protocol on Nov 1st so it hasn't been crazy long. He also was recovering from cracked ribs (and shoulder surgery) when he went in to the protocol so the extra time probably won't hurt.

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
After Laine,Domi,Bemström are back the lineups actually looks really good

Laine - Jenner - Voracek
Gus - Sillinger - Björk
Domi - Roslovic - Bemström
Tex - Kuraly - Robinson

Its hard to put Chinny in AHL but its only option

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

Laine - Jenner - Voracek
Gus - Sillinger - Björk
Tex - Kuraly - Robinson

Don't worry, someone else will get hurt, Chinakhov will probably stay in the lineup.

Reactions: GoJackets1

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014

Laine - Jenner - Voracek
Gus - Sillinger - Björk
Tex - Kuraly - Robinson

Chinakhov > Bemstrom

Jan

Jan 30, 2021

Laine - Jenner - Voracek
Gus - Sillinger - Björk
Tex - Kuraly - Robinson

About Domi, do not count him in too early, COVID or long COVID is not fun at all. It took quite a bit of my lung capacity, which take time to rebuild.
But yes injured player are seldom replaced with better players.
The lineup of cause look better, with no substitutes.

Chinakhov > Bemstrom
It is more like Chinakhov < Bemstrom, at least as it has been in preseason, what other data does you have?

jacketsnation

Jul 25, 2017
I like Danforth over Hofmann

Hofmann looks lost every game. Odd blast of speed but danforth was buzzing. Hitting and had a wicked shot that almost went in. Played better along boards then hofmann.

We have such a deep roster.
I like it!

This team reminds me of

Reactions: thebus88

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
It is more like Chinakhov < Bemstrom, at least as it has been in preseason, what other data does you have?

Chinakhov doesn't look out of place in the top 6 the way Bemstrom has in the past. Because of "dues paid" or whatever, Bemstrom will probably get the nod. Of course, we won't have the full arsenal of forwards healthy until early December it seems like, and by then someone else may be hurt or Roslovic may have earned a healthy scratch.

Reactions: Jan and MoeBartoli

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Chinakhov doesn't look out of place in the top 6 the way Bemstrom has in the past. Because of "dues paid" or whatever, Bemstrom will probably get the nod. Of course, we won't have the full arsenal of forwards healthy until early December it seems like, and by then someone else may be hurt or Roslovic may have earned a healthy scratch.

We haven't seen Bemstrom this year, other than his explosion in pre-season.

I think we get really negative about 21-22 year old players around here. But 20 year olds, they're great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad