Line Combos: 2021/22 Roster Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Yes if Kent isn't at least up to 175 lbs next year, then he probably should be in the AHL or back at Michigan. I forgot about that.
I’ll be shocked if he’s not 175 by next yr , especially since it seems as soon as his college season is over , he will be with jackets org , which may include some games , but nutrition , working with trainers etc, and getting a jump for next yr .

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

makethesave

Nov 8, 2021
Kukan and Carlsson need to rotate each other every few games when everyone is healthy. I don’t want either of them in there all the time. Harrington HS at #8. Bayreuther to Cleveland.

Gav/Peeke is what serves as a shut-down pair for CBJ. I’m having trouble deciding if they should be paired all the time or just situationally.
Gavrikov and Peeke are a perfect pairing and it should have been this way since start of season. Better late than never.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

makethesave

Nov 8, 2021
In this case Boqvist needs better partner than Bayreuther.
I thought maybe Carlsson there since he is more defense-first type of player. With regards to Carlsson, he was waived and unclaimed at start of season. He was called back up on October 21. If he plays either ten games or one month on active roster, he would have to clear waivers again. That date is tomorrow. I wonder if CBJ keeps him on active roster or sends him back down right away so he can get to Cleveland without going through waivers.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I thought maybe Carlsson there since he is more defense-first type of player. With regards to Carlsson, he was waived and unclaimed at start of season. He was called back up on October 21. If he plays either ten games or one month on active roster, he would have to clear waivers again. That date is tomorrow. I wonder if CBJ keeps him on active roster or sends him back down right away so he can get to Cleveland without going through waivers.
Lars prefer Bayreuther over Carlsson. I wouldn't be suprised if he, Bemmer and Foudy want a trade.

Jan

Jan 30, 2021
Gaudreau - Sillinger - Chinakhov
Laine - Johnson - Voracek
Marchenko - Jenner - Bjorkstrand
Robinson - Kuraly - Texier

1. Roslovic is "Columbus boy" so he won't be traded.
2. Gaudreau is Gaudreau but I don't think so many great wingers is good. Somebody wouldn't play in PP.
3. I think the 3th line should be from young or one experience player there. I prefer the 1th possibility so that players would get experiences. And then decide what to do.

Gaudreau - Sillinger - Chinakhov
March/Bem - Johnson - Voracek
March/Bem/Foudy - Jenner - Bjorkstrand

First of guy's there will be flops in between our top prospect, of Chinakhov and Sillinger, only Sillinger is safe to say will not be.
Chinakhov looks OK, but so far he hyped shots has not given much of goal, has it?
Yes Marchenko is soring in KHL and Sonny was great in the AHL, but NHL is another beast. So will Marchenko transite? Only time will tell.
From the clip I has seen Johnson seems a little to puck happy, so will he just be another version of our current Roslovic? Hope not?
I agree the 3th line should be from young or one experience player there...

What I mean, do not count on all of the prospect pool to pan out. It wound happen.

I’d love to have Johnny Hockey, but I’d be to have him play with Bjork. Jake continues as Laine’s setup man, assuming we keep Laine.

Other miscellaneous thoughts on the roster:
  • I assume Jarmo will try to trade Gus at the deadline.
  • Korpi won’t be back in 2022 nor will Domi (except possibly in Laine is gone).
  • Marchenko will be here and given every chance to be on the roster.
  • Questioning whether Johnson will be on the main roster in 2022-23. Also anticipate Bemstrom may well not.
  • Chinakov and Sillinger certainly will be.
  • Two current Monsters will crack next year’s line-up…..one will be the goalie; just not sure who’s the other or even if a D or F.
Just to be clear, not all of these are my wishes, rather it’s how I think events will unfold.
There will be a few of this years roster that most likely be traded come end of the season, when we most likely do not make the play off. Not because the team couldn't do it, but because the Metro is very strong and the Atlantic is not bad either.
Bemstrom situation this season depend on how Chinakov and I will say they Chinakov has played well enough, Bemstrom must be productive, when given a chance, to stay.
Chinakov has however only produce assists on a line with assist king Voracek. That is basically not being productive.

Why? I'll take 9 great wingers.

Currently Nyquist - Jenner - Bjorkstrand scores a lot, more than any other Jackets line this year, and that's with Nyquist lacking finishing quality. Imagine Marchenko, a finisher, taking that place.
It would be nice with 4 great centers...;):thumbu:

Bjorkstrand in the third line... serious? I don't know what to do with Bjork anymore. Have stats like MacDavid?
- Jenner plays great now but will he be continue even in this season?
  • It I am not wrong Jenner did on season previously.
  • I do not think Bjorkstrand will keep make irons out, so his number will improve.
  • Yes/No it seems that even producing like Mc David will not be enough, at least not for some.
    By the way, he almost had Mc davids numbers in junior:huh:
  • Nyquists will score a little more, but probably not much more.:skeptic:

Reactions: VT

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
First of guy's there will be flops in between our top prospect, of Chinakhov and Sillinger, only Sillinger is safe to say will not be.
Chinakhov looks OK, but so far he hyped shots has not given much of goal, has it?

I do not ask how many goals Chinakhov has, I'm more interested in his shots on net. Because I already know his shot is amazing. It is a thing of beauty. Where there are shots, there will be goals, rest assured.

Jan

Jan 30, 2021
I do not ask how many goals Chinakhov has, I'm more interested in his shots on net. Because I already know his shot is amazing. It is a thing of beauty. Where there are shots, there will be goals, rest assured.
Do you really know that his shot is amazing?
I only know that everybody keep hype it...

Yes his shot was good enough for the KHL, but is it good enough for the NHL?
Only time will tell, but so far it does not look good...

Hope you and the hype is right, but I want results.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011

Do you really know that his shot is amazing?
I only know that everybody keep hype it...

Yes his shot was good enough for the KHL, but is it good enough for the NHL?
Only time will tell, but so far it does not look good...

Hope you and the hype is right, but I want results.
It’s true the actual goals haven’t been there for Chinakov, but his shot passes the eye test. It’s a great release that produces a laser shot. The numbers will come.

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
I’d love to have Johnny Hockey, but I’d be to have him play with Bjork. Jake continues as Laine’s setup man, assuming we keep Laine.

Other miscellaneous thoughts on the roster:
  • I assume Jarmo will try to trade Gus at the deadline.
  • Korpi won’t be back in 2022 nor will Domi (except possibly in Laine is gone).
  • Marchenko will be here and given every chance to be on the roster.
  • Questioning whether Johnson will be on the main roster in 2022-23. Also anticipate Bemstrom may well not.
  • Chinakov and Sillinger certainly will be.
  • Two current Monsters will crack next year’s line-up…..one will be the goalie; just not sure who’s the other or even if a D or F.
Just to be clear, not all of these are my wishes, rather it’s how I think events will unfold.

I fully believe and expect Johnson to make the roster next year out of camp.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I don`t want to talk about the future but according the game with Vegas yes.
According game with Vegas and Ariznona my lines:

Domi/Nyquist -- Jenner -- Bjorkstrand
Laine -- Sillinger -- Voracek
Nyquist/Domi -- Roslovic -- Foudy*
Robinson -- Kuraly -- Texier

*I prefer Liam because we needs more agression and Liam is good in offense too but Yegor has a rented apartment and that probably means he'll stay here.

Werenski, Bean
Gavrikov, Peeke
Carlsson, Boqvist

Merzlikins/Korpisalo

Last edited:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Domi - Roslovic - Danforth was the one line that didn't get hemmed in and outchanced. The issue is they only played 5:10 together.

I wouldn't change any lines after that debacle. Just play Domi - Roslovic - Danforth more. A lot more.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I finally had some time to play around with the cap regarding a possible signing of Gaudreau. Unless Laine 0r Domi are gone (either traded or they walk in FA) I don't see him being able to be fit in under the cap. If one or both are gone he fits easily. If one is here I think it could still work because of the number of young guys we have. Only problem would arise if Chinakhov, Bemmstrom, Tex, et al blow up and need lots of millions on long term deals when their ELC's or current contracts expire.

As to whether we should sign him I think it would be risky down the road as he ages out but in short term it could definitely help if he maintains is nearly ppg pace for three-five years.

If Laine & Domi play as desired the rest of the year I'd probably stick with them otherwise I'd take a flier on JG. I not, I see the Flyers taking one on him.

Reactions: majormajor

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Domi - Roslovic - Danforth was the one line that didn't get hemmed in and outchanced. The issue is they only played 5:10 together.

I wouldn't change any lines after that debacle. Just play Domi - Roslovic - Danforth more. A lot more.
I don't know. Sillinger's line played bad. That was often get hemmed and outchanced, Chinakhov lost fights around the boards. Vegas, like Arizona, focused on Voracek because of that line couldn't created chances. Their DZ wasn't ideal diplomatic said. Although the next game je with Buffalo,so it's a chance that they will have more free ice.

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
Rumour that J.T Miller is getting traded. 1C for us? What is the price?

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Rumour that J.T Miller is getting traded. 1C for us? What is the price?
Tripple trade. From our side Marchenko/Chinakhov/Johnson/Ceulemans (I prefer Marchenko and Ceulemans), Nyquist (because of salary cap), Kukan (he`s UFA after the season so he doesn`t have the big value) and one of the 1th round picks . We needs an experienced d-man to Boqvist too + free salary cap... IMHO, of course. I would like to get a chance to Carlsson but honestly, Lars doesn`t probably believe him.

Salary cap would be normal even after Gavrikov, Bean, Laine and Domi resign in the next seasons. Don`t forget Voracek`s agreement will finish after 2023/24 season. It`s - $8,250,000.

Btw, all our centers would be either born in Columbus (Roslovic, Sillinger) or at least from Ohio (Miller, Kuraly). :)

Last edited:

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
^^
I say at about the halfway mark of the season, so we can see how's he's been doing. You want to get ahead of the rumour makers, before the trade deadline so they don't get into his head.
I've always liked him, and would like him to stick with the CBJ.

Reactions: thebus88 and VT

jacketsnation

Jul 25, 2017
I would put chin on 4th line and tex on top line. tex has been playing out of his kind. Would free up vor

Like chinny but he needs to grow more and that 4th line gets good min

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
At what point do we maybe think about giving Domi a new contract?

He's always felt like a guy who doesn't quite fit. Not a center, but wants to be. Wings are kind of crowded. I can't imagine the FO wants to pay him $6m+/year to be a bottom 6 wing type of guy.

Next year could be...
Laine-Sillinger-Voracek
Chinkahov-Johnson-Bjorkstrand
Nyquist (if not traded) / Domi - Jenner - Marchenko/Texier
Robinson - Kuraly - Roslovic

My guess is they will move one of Nyquist or Domi at the deadline. Purely a guess, but there are a lot of young guys coming. With the cap situation, it's hard to justify having Voracek ($8.25m), Laine ($7.5m now but an RFA), Bjorkstrand ($5.4m), Domi ($5.3m now, UFA), and Nyquist ($5.5m for this season and next) on the roster at $5m+ each...all wings. Domi is younger than Nyquist, more versatile (RW, LW...a little bit at C), and right now is playing better when healthy.

Roslovic is an RFA this summer and the team has to figure out what his role will be going forward as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille