OT: 2021-2022 NCAA Hockey Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
Surely the Canes can't think he is NHL ready? In many games this year he has felt like the Gophers weakness.

Gotta be a combination of Canes desperate for a goalie(at least to fill spots in AHL/ECHL) + Lafontaine worried a contract might not be there at the end of the year.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Gotta be a combination of Canes desperate for a goalie(at least to fill spots in AHL/ECHL) + Lafontaine worried a contract might not be there at the end of the year.

Both of our AHL goalies are out right now, and we were dressing guys on try outs just to have enough to play. And with Raanta ruled out for the Canes on Saturday, we needed help ASAP. He will get a shot right away at the AHL level and given our current situation is likely to see a couple NHL starts in the next week or so.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Yikes, I don’t see an NHL goaltender in him at all. A couple years as an AHL/ECHL tweener before getting bounced by new prospects, sure.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
I know they will all likely say the right things publicly, but as a teammate, I'd be pissed.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Didn't Kyle Okposo do the same thing and sign with the Islanders while the Gopher's season was still ongoing?

Reactions: 57special

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
Probably tension with Motzko is my guess? I know someone who played for him and he hated him.

Surely the Canes can't think he is NHL ready? In many games this year he has felt like the Gophers weakness.

No tension. He was unlikely to have a real shot at NHL time in his career. But Carolina signed him because they needed a body and they had three prospects in North America to choose from. Now he has a chance to earn some NHL money for a while.

He was signed in desperation, not on merit.

BlackBusa24

Dec 13, 2018
Poor goalie... Huskies over Miami Ohio 9 to 1 at the end of the second. One of the goals was short-handed five on three. Had a second short handed goal as well.

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
Thinking about going going to Gophs game this weekend. Some questions:

Where best place to park?
Do they ever sell out? Can we get tickets easily?
Some of us are unvaccinated, will they let us in?
If you have to have neg COVID test, where do you get one?

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
Plese someone respond...want to know if I should plan to go or not. Can anyone help me here with the questions above?

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
When is the last time the Gophers were selling out their games? Any idea how much of Mariucci fills up these days?

Thank you sir.
It's been a long time. 10 years ago, maybe? They don't even sell out against Wisconsin or Michigan. North Dakota is the only team they would conceivably sell out against IMO.

From what it looks like on TV the arena is maybe 25% full. Never more than half full.

Reactions: Northerner

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
It's been a long time. 10 years ago, maybe? They don't even sell out against Wisconsin or Michigan. North Dakota is the only team they would conceivably sell out against IMO.

From what it looks like on TV the arena is maybe 25% full. Never more than half full.
Are they even allowed to have a full house now?

Once they moved to the B10 network, and stopped with the Fri/Sat night games then attendance fell way off. Having ND, StC, Manakto, UMD fans drive in for the night was a boon for attendance, and local businesses.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I'm wondering when college hockey players jump on board with the transfer portal like you see with football and basketball players.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Thinking about going going to Gophs game this weekend. Some questions:

Where best place to park?
Do they ever sell out? Can we get tickets easily?
Some of us are unvaccinated, will they let us in?
If you have to have neg COVID test, where do you get one?
You will need proof of a negative test if you are unvaccinated. You should be able to get tested at any covid test center... even CVS and Walgreens do COVID testing now I believe.

Reactions: Northerner

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
You will need proof of a negative test if you are unvaccinated. You should be able to get tested at any covid test center... even CVS and Walgreens do COVID testing now I believe.
Or, you could have grabbed the 4 free tests the government was giving out

brainfreeze

Jul 12, 2012
Bemidji
I'm not sure if this is the place for college recruiting talk but the Gophers (potentially) got a good one today today with Logan Cooley committing.

Reactions: TaLoN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2