OT: 2021-2022 NCAA Hockey Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Logan Cooley has changed his NCAA commitment to the University of Minnesota - Daily Faceoff
Logan Cooley, a top prospect for the 2022 NHL draft, has changed his NCAA commitment.

Cooley was originally committed to go to Notre Dame in the fall of 2022 but he’s now committed to the University of Minnesota. Daily Faceoff contributor Chris Peters noted that Cooley had changed his Instagram bio to say ‘University of Minnesota commit.’
Cooley’s Instagram story also featured a screenshot of the University of Minnesota’s logo, the golden gopher…
Screen-Shot-2022-02-17-at-2.39.14-PM.png

“I’m starting to view the Cooley-Wright debate similar to the Jack Hughes-Kaapo Kakko debate, only this time they’re both centers,” Peters said. “When push came to shove, who was the more explosive, dynamic player? It was Hughes then and it feels like it’s Cooley now. The reason he has challenged and now surpassed Wright on my board after much debate is that he’s simply the more dynamic player and has enough qualities that leave me more confident at this point in time that he projects more favorably as a top-of-the-lineup star.”

Reactions: brainfreeze

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Wonder if grades had anything to with it? I have known hockey players at both schools who aren't academically inclined.
Maybe this is payback for ND poaching Jake Boltmann from the Gophers?

Reactions: brainfreeze

GordieGallant

Oct 6, 2020
East Metro, soon to be Up North.
So are the gophers gonna put the final nail in TG's UW coaching career this weekend?
I hope not I always liked Granato.

I remember the day when the arena would be packed for this game. Not even half full. I had to wait until 8:00 because ESPN has some some obscure bouncy ball game on. Missed the first half of the period. ESPN blows. Stick to bouncy ball.

Got a nice pipeline of Hill Murray players coming in.

Last edited:

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
The Gophers 5'10" goalie Close seems to be doing his thing. I wanted to go to the game tonight but don't think I'll make it.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Was watching highlights from last year's team earlier. Such a damn shame that no fans got to see them in person.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
Was there some special promotion this weekend for the Gophers?

First time in ages that it felt like the old WCHA atmosphere.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Motzko was quoted as saying, "That was a battle tonight."

C'mon man! 8-0?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Should have never joined the big 10. Yea those in state and traditional rivalries are not important. It’s all about $$$. Correct me if I am wrong.
As a big 10 school, they didn't have a choice in the matter. Once the big 10 committed to making a hockey conference, Minnesota HAD to join, per the bylaws of the big 10 itself.

For what it's worth, I believe Minnesota voted against the big 10 forming a hockey conference. They were just the only one. Out voted by the rest of the big 10.

Reactions: Victorious Secret

GordieGallant

Oct 6, 2020
East Metro, soon to be Up North.
Don’t believe that. Gotta link?

As a big 10 school, they didn't have a choice in the matter. Once the big 10 committed to making a hockey conference, Minnesota HAD to join, per the bylaws of the big 10 itself.

For what it's worth, I believe Minnesota voted against the big 10 forming a hockey conference. They were just the only one. Out voted by the rest of the big 10.
Got a link? I don’t believe that. You always have a choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad