OT: 2021-2022 NCAA Hockey Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Couldn’t possibly care less about either of these teams but pulling down a jersey has the same result of pushing down on the back of breezers. You’re going down every time.

No way that was a dive.

Reactions: Dakota Sioux

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Couldn’t possibly care less about either of these teams but pulling down a jersey has the same result of pushing down on the back of breezers. You’re going down every time.

No way that was a dive.
tugging on the jersey doesn't cause you to jump in the air. The jersey tug is an obvious penalty, but there's no real argument that Perbix didn't take a huge dive.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
tugging on the jersey doesn't cause you to jump in the air. The jersey tug is an obvious penalty, but there's no real argument that Perbix didn't take a huge dive.

Legs are going to come out from under you in that scenario.

Even if you feel like you do, you stop the play and give a hold and an embellishment. You don’t let the play go and gift a chance.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
What player is going to dive after getting the opponent to follow him behind the net...knowing that if you push it... especially on the big sheet...you are going to get a 3 on 2 in overtime.
No one is going to do that.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Legs are going to come out from under you in that scenario.

Even if you feel like you do, you stop the play and give a hold and an embellishment. You don’t let the play go and gift a chance.
His feet would slide out from under him while he falls flat on his ass. Perbix literally moves upwards. Teams that dive all over the rink, really don't get to cry about officiating.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
His feet would slide out from under him while he falls flat on his ass. Perbix literally moves upwards. Teams that dive all over the rink, really don't get to cry about officiating.

I don’t watch St. Cloud enough to know or really care. Either way you want to cut it, that’s an awful sequence for the officials.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I don’t watch St. Cloud enough to know or really care. Either way you want to cut it, that’s an awful sequence for the officials.
Awful officiating is the only reason the game was in overtime to begin with.

Taylor26

Nov 12, 2011
minneapolis
Yes the stick was horizontal for a hooking call but he went down very easy. Hooking and Embelishment should have been called?

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND

No way that was a dive.
Totally agree. That was no dive. I’ve watched that a dozen times. But it’s probably a make up no call from the no call penalty on the Huskies when they tied it up in the third

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Totally agree. That was no dive. I’ve watched that a dozen times. But it’s probably a make up no call from the no call penalty on the Huskies when they tied it up in the third
That's even worse then if that's why he didn't call it.
Call both...fine. but calling nothing was absolutely the worst call he could make and if it was a make up call in overtime...he shouldn't be reffing.

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
That was a great game.

In fairness to that ref, I think he was just in that weird spot/angle that he didn't see the jerking of the jersey - he probably did see it as a dive.

I think it was embellished, but I also think it was clearly a penalty. That said, again, I think the ref was just in a weird spot there where he couldn't see all that we could see from our (TV) angle.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
That's even worse then if that's why he didn't call it.
Call both...fine. but calling nothing was absolutely the worst call he could make and if it was a make up call in overtime...he shouldn't be reffing.
Oh I agree. These officials need to held accountable for sure. With that said you see make up calls at every level of the game and it drives me nuts

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Oh I agree. These officials need to held accountable for sure. With that said you see make up calls at every level of the game and it drives me nuts
Yeah... it's incredibly annoying how many people and supposedly officials think a well officiated game is one where the calls are even.

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
He didn't move upwards.

Last edited by a moderator:

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Can't watch either game versus SCSU without buying NCHC.tv.... That's really shitty when I've got Hulu TV, Direct TV, and a subscription to BTNplus solely for the purpose of watching different sports teams.. Havin' to pay for each conference's streaming service is some bullshit money scheme on the fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany