Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Don’t believe that. Gotta link?

Got a link? I don’t believe that. You always have a choice.
The U of M is a founding member of the Big 10 going back to 1896. The organization was created to organize college athletics/acedemic standards.

If a university is a Big 10 member, competes in the sport in question and the Big 10 has a conference in the sport in question, the member MUST compete in the Big 10 conference.

This was all over the news at the time the big ten conference was announced in 2011.

If you can find an example of a big 10 conference with a Big 10 member NOT competing in it...but in a totally different conference, by all means do so. It doesn't exist though, because to be a big 10 member, you are financially committed to the big 10 as an entity. If the Big 10 organizes a conference (by Big 10 rules, takes a minimum of 6 members to compete), the members of the big 10 are automatically part of it.

Last edited:

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
That's what they would have to do... and you know there is no way that is happening.
I know. I also know the conversation isn’t worth having without facing that reality. So basically the conversation isn’t worth having.

Reactions: TaLoN

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
That sounds like more than a tussle. Pushing an elderly person so they fall over a railing to concrete 6' below is pretty serious stuff. That "fan" needs to spend felony time in jail.

And to do it over something as stupid as a crack about the Sioux name is even more disgusting IMO.
But yes he needs to not leave Nebraska for a while.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
And to do it over something as stupid as a crack about the Sioux name is even more disgusting IMO.
But yes he needs to not leave Nebraska for a while.
"Fighting Hawks" is far to dignified for UND. They made that deal with the neo-nazi devil for that palace, they should be force to have a mascot like the "Weak Bladdered Poodles" as a mascot as punishment.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Here's the context:
Mankato won the conference championship in OT. Then... 30 minutes AFTER the celebration/ceremony, they decided to take another look at the goal. Then this happened...

So they decided to resume play, with a 20 minute intermission before restarting.

MSU won (again) not too long after.

Here was the goal that was disallowed eventually.

• Wow
Reactions: Dakota Sioux

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
7E700D51-3720-4BD3-AFFE-902B29154633.jpeg

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
I pay an exorbitant amount of money per month for internet/cable, I pay a monthly ESPN+ subscription to watch other NHL games/golf/etc., and yet I do not get ESPNU or ESPNNews in my cable package and I am locked out of streaming any of the games on ESPNU. What a joke.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
I pay an exorbitant amount of money per month for internet/cable, I pay a monthly ESPN+ subscription to watch other NHL games/golf/etc., and yet I do not get ESPNU or ESPNNews in my cable package and I am locked out of streaming any of the games on ESPNU. What a joke.
YouTube TV has it. But misses out on other things.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
Its ridiculous that every year high seeds from the midwest essentially play road games against eastern schools.

It feels like that has been happening for 2 decades now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad