OT: 2021-2022 NCAA Hockey Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
I don’t watch all of the Gopher games but enough. The gushing over Knies is a little over the top given where his game is at as of now. Needs a lot of rounding out and if the Leafs want him out after the year, that would be a mistake.

EDIT: And he immediately scores in his area that is absolutely ready for at the next level.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I don’t watch all of the Gopher games but enough. The gushing over Knies is a little over the top given where his game is at as of now. Needs a lot of rounding out and if the Leafs want him out after the year, that would be a mistake.

EDIT: And he immediately scores in his area that is absolutely ready for at the next level.

It's just one of the 4 names that Melrose knows in this game, so it's going to be hammered at everybody all game.

Reactions: MNRube

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Gophers score a nice PPG and the announcing team can’t stop talking about Knies, who’s presence was probably the 3rd or 4th most important piece of that and completely ignore the play that just happened.

I mean, from a playstyle perspective, they have to understand this is not Thomas Vanek-level play. Right?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Gophers score a nice PPG and the announcing team can’t stop talking about Knies, who’s presence was probably the 3rd or 4th most important piece of that and completely ignore the play that just happened.

I mean, from a playstyle perspective, they have to understand this is not Thomas Vanek-level play. Right?

They also called him a right-handed shot.

Taylor26

Nov 12, 2011
minneapolis
super excited for next years Gopher team. Cooley and maybe getting Luicis back. Always sucks at the end of the year for whatever team you root for watching Senior's and NHL ready guys leave.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
Gophers consistently play too relaxed in all phases but especially on defense.

Does constantly playing on big ice induce the looping 1 hand on stick style, or does that happen because the level of player that Minnesota attracts tends to play that style?

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
super excited for next years Gopher team. Cooley and maybe getting Luicis back. Always sucks at the end of the year for whatever team you root for watching Senior's and NHL ready guys leave.

I read this quote from Knies via Scott Wheeler that hints he is coming back, too.

"I'm in no rush honestly to make the next move. I think I still need to develop as a player and a person. I love the coaching staff here. I am not really sure what the decision is going to be yet, but I am confident that I am going to need more time to develop and spent more time here at the U"

north21

May 1, 2014
MN
Been a long time gopher guy but the mavs were impressive, hope they can bring another title to the state. I wonder if the wild are after that McKay kid, could certainly use another young goaltender in the system. Not that he is all that young.

Last edited:

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
i was unable to watch last night. with the gophers allegedly getting completely owned did ben myers stand out in last nights game? see it all over twitter people wanting to sign him but i have not watched hardly any gopher hockey this season so i cant get a gauge on if he only flashes vs the lesser teams or even when playing a team like mankato did he stand out even just a little.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
i was unable to watch last night. with the gophers allegedly getting completely owned did ben myers stand out in last nights game? see it all over twitter people wanting to sign him but i have not watched hardly any gopher hockey this season so i cant get a gauge on if he only flashes vs the lesser teams or even when playing a team like mankato did he stand out even just a little.
He looked ok, but the whole team was put in a cage, really. I really don't know what to think about Meyers and his chances of being a NHL'er. I am pretty sure that he can be a 4th liner, as he has some speed, thickness, and hockey sense, but it's hard to project his ceiling. Some guys go to the AHL and plateau, others find a way to improve and go further.

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
Faber is coming back. Sounds like a bunch of guys don't want to be coached by Motzko though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino