2020 XFL Season Thread

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I remember criticizing the AAFL for neuteuring the defense rules to make offense easier as it was meant to be a developmental league. I think the XFL needs to though. The football is bad.....

That doesn’t necessarily help the offense either, because it hurts the ability for big plays and means the offenses have to be very methodical in their drives. When you don’t have as high of quality QBs and skill players, that’s often a difficult task.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
I remember criticizing the AAFL for neuteuring the defense rules to make offense easier as it was meant to be a developmental league. I think the XFL needs to though. The football is bad.....

I don't know where you are getting that from. The XFL isn't NFL quality sure, but it is somewhat a cut above the college game. It has had some really exciting games so far and they have been competitive as well.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
I'm probably about done with this league. If Landry Jones was their best hope to see a former NFL QB make some plays, then this is a terrible showing. This game is awful.

I'm surprised the XFL hasn't told the broadcast to take the 45.5 over/under off of the screen. Next week's O/Us should be in the 20s because these offenses have nothing.

You don’t think Cardale Jones and PJ Walker have made plays?

Reactions: EvilDead

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Looks like we got some offense in this game. Almost 3 full quarters and we got a shot at getting an over

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
I have kinda enjoyed some of the xfl action so far, but it’s just another in a long line of leagues that couldn’t pass by the cfl as the second best American football in the world.
The more the merrier though.

Reactions: Holden Caulfield

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Hou/TB has been a decent game thus far
Houston looks like their defense is suspect but seem like they're the best team so far. Only offense that's been consistent. Houston has been involved in all of the overs.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Proehl having a pretty good first half.

He should get some looks at an NFL camp next year.

Reactions: EvilDead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad