2020 XFL Season Thread

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Just shy of 30,000 for the Battlehawk game today. Next week is practically sold out as well. They're discussing opening up the upper level for the third home game, though that seems unlikely to me. Still a good sign!

It was nice tailgating for football again. There were Kroenke pinatas getting blasted. Fun day

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Just shy of 30,000 for the Battlehawk game today. Next week is practically sold out as well. They're discussing opening up the upper level for the third home game, though that seems unlikely to me. Still a good sign!

It was nice tailgating for football again. There were Kroenke pinatas getting blasted. Fun day

Sounds awesome. Good to see St Louis embrace the BattleHawks.

Reactions: Falco Lombardi

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Crazy to me how watching these games I keep recognizing names of guys who attended camp but failed to make the Winnipeg Blue Bombers, or were late season adds to PR but never retained. A couple like L'Damien Washington managed to get into a few games with Bombers but couldnt stick (Washington in particular had the problem of being a receiver who struggled to catch the ball).

I'm enjoying having football to watch at this time of year still though.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Dexter McCoil still taking stupid penalties after the whistle. He hasn't changed from his CFL days haha.

Pierson-El could be a star in CFL, IMO. Hes probably too small for NFL but he could be a great CFLer though.

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Very good for this league that St. Louis is good. It’s one thing to be in markets that are without the NFL, it’s another to be good and maintain its interest.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Crazy to me how watching these games I keep recognizing names of guys who attended camp but failed to make the Winnipeg Blue Bombers, or were late season adds to PR but never retained. A couple like L'Damien Washington managed to get into a few games with Bombers but couldnt stick (Washington in particular had the problem of being a receiver who struggled to catch the ball).

I'm enjoying having football to watch at this time of year still though.
CFL is definitely the number 2 football league in terms of talent, and probably not all that close to XFL, which is 3.

Bring back the Irons.

Last edited:

Babe Ruth

Proud member of the precariat working class.
Feb 2, 2016
Nice to see football in St.Louis again.. Great to see them embrace their XFL team.

yeah, St Louis is having a good fan turnout. Conversely, the NY crowd looked non-existent yesterday.. honestly looked like a Redskins crowd. I noticed it was all tight shots for the NY game. Even on punts, camera wasn't following the ball's vertical path. I assume to cloak an empty stadium from viewers @ home. I wouldn't expect NYC to desire another pro team tho. I wonder if they looked into smaller (but still significant) NY markets (like Rochester)?

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
yeah, St Louis is having a good fan turnout. Conversely, the NY crowd looked non-existent yesterday.. honestly looked like a Redskins crowd. I noticed it was all tight shots for the NY game. Even on punts, camera wasn't following the ball's vertical path. I assume to cloak an empty stadium from viewers @ home. I wouldn't expect NYC to desire another pro team tho. I wonder if they looked into smaller (but still significant) NY markets (like Rochester)?

You would think fans would clamor for the NYC tickets, The Giants and Jets have been so bad recently this isn't much of a step down

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->