2020 XFL Season Thread

Sep 19, 2008
NY is 2-2 too. More should come out.

Attendance at Seattle and st Louis has been exceptional.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
You would think fans would clamor for the NYC tickets, The Giants and Jets have been so bad recently this isn't much of a step down
Just because the Giants and Jets stink doesn’t mean New Yorkers are flocking to an otherwise substandard/minor league product. New York expects the best.

New Jersey on the other hand...

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
NY would probably draw better if they played at either ballpark. MetLife sucks to get to from the city, a PITA you deal with for an NFL game but not this.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Red Bull Arena would have worked.
How's that any better commute wise?

I've never lived in New York, but my buddy's dad has a condo in East Village at 13th & 3rd that I've spent the week after Christmas at twice.

Google Maps puts the ride from there at noon on Saturday at 1:07 to RBA and 0:55 to MetLife, with 1 less transfer.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
How's that any better commute wise?

I've never lived in New York, but my buddy's dad has a condo in East Village at 13th & 3rd that I've spent the week after Christmas at twice.

Google Maps puts the ride from there at noon on Saturday at 1:07 to RBA and 0:55 to MetLife, with 1 less transfer.
PATH train runs to Red Bull Arena.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I took trains from Brooklyn to MetLife exactly one time and can’t imagine having to do that consistently if I didn’t have to

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO

I’m surprised, I gotta admit. Not the least bit surprised that the Battlehawks are a hit here, that was a given, it’s a spectacular football market, but to have a demand beyond 30,000 is pretty darn good. If the other 7 markets were the hit that St. Louis is (I think Seattle is close, not sure about the other 6) then you could certainly make the case that the XFL has some staying power.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
I thought they were going to bring everyone out to finish the game. Not sure why the head of officiating was in such a hurry to go.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan

I’m surprised, I gotta admit. Not the least bit surprised that the Battlehawks are a hit here, that was a given, it’s a spectacular football market, but to have a demand beyond 30,000 is pretty darn good. If the other 7 markets were the hit that St. Louis is (I think Seattle is close, not sure about the other 6) then you could certainly make the case that the XFL has some staying power.

It certainly helps that teams like LA, DC, and Houston to an extent play in smaller stadiums. I think some of it though is hampered by what market some of the teams are in. Like if the Renegades was playing in San Antonio or the Vipers were playing in Orlando, the question of staying power wouldn't be an issue. I will say however that the Guardians being in Metlife is no bueno. They need to find a new field to play at and quick.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
It certainly helps that teams like LA, DC, and Houston to an extent play in smaller stadiums. I think some of it though is hampered by what market some of the teams are in. Like if the Renegades was playing in San Antonio or the Vipers were playing in Orlando, the question of staying power wouldn't be an issue. I will say however that the Guardians being in Metlife is no bueno. They need to find a new field to play at and quick.

If they had a do-over, I’m guessing the XFL probably doesn’t put 7 of the 8 teams in NFL markets. San Antonio instead Dallas (or Houston), Orlando instead of Tampa, and San Diego instead of Los Angeles immediately come to mind.

Reactions: EvilDead

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
If they had a do-over, I’m guessing the XFL probably doesn’t put 7 of the 8 teams in NFL markets. San Antonio instead Dallas (or Houston), Orlando instead of Tampa, and San Diego instead of Los Angeles immediately come to mind.

True. Hell, Portland over Seattle too. Portland could show out for football games back in the USFL days with the Breakers. That said, it also doesn't help that the AAF kind of threw a wrench in their plans which is why they probably didn't pick those cities. That said, I am sure that the franchises that are struggling to get grass roots support they could theoretically move. Especially since the league is in its infancy. I could see them in a season or two moving the Wildcats to Qualcomm.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It went down that way because that's the best stadium deals Vince got. Meadowlands and Tampa are stadiums Vince has had working relationships with. Dallas and St. Louis just needed a tenant in those stadiums, otherwise they're just sitting there.

Sep 19, 2008
IMG_20200308_153506_1.jpg
IMG_20200308_171305.jpg
IMG_20200308_165042.jpg
IMG_20200308_142236.jpg

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Looks like we had some points in the late game last night

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad