Transfer: 2020 Summer (we think) Transfer Window Rumors, News & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Probably some more creative signings. My guess is Brighton will be looking at analytically strong players form the Championship/ smaller European Leagues.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I think Werner will stay also, and Liverpool have other options (Goetze on a free, etc.) plus it might be a good opportunity for some of the guys coming back to prove that they belong, and really fight for their place (ala Hendo).

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I think Werner will stay also, and Liverpool have other options (Goetze on a free, etc.) plus it might be a good opportunity for some of the guys coming back to prove that they belong, and really fight for their place (ala Hendo).
Meh. Let’s see what Elluot, Jones and Minamino can do

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Meh. Let’s see what Elluot, Jones and Minamino can do
Yes, happy to see that. I have very high hopes for all 3 actually. On top of which guys like Wilson, Woodburn, Ejaria, Williams, Grujic and Nat Phillips should all get chances to prove they can contribute before being forced out.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
If he has his heart set on Liverpool anyway it's a smart deal on their part regardless of their financial situation. If not I don't think it's the end of the world; I don't see Werner as a can't miss talent, though I do think he would work great under Klopp.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Rudiger is apparently trying to convince him on London/Chelsea. Dembele's price has dropped to 45M, the one at Lyon.

Last edited:

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
For what it's worth, the guardian today says they're still interested.

I think it's more going to come down to Liverpool either does a deal to buy next season, wait till January, or loan to buy this coming season.

If he's set on Liverpool (and it looks like he is), it will likely get done.

Reactions: robertmac43

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

I think it's more going to come down to Liverpool either does a deal to buy next season, wait till January, or loan to buy this coming season.

It's a game of chicken, the window isn't even open yet, so it will drag out. Will Leipzig sell now for less than release clause, but more than next summer's release clause or just hold him for another year, that's really the question at this point. With how important he is for them, I could easily see them just holding another year. I'm sure all the teams that were interested in him before are still interested in him, they are just using the leverage that they have.

Internazionale

Apr 24, 2007
Airdrie, AB
Inter chief Piero Ausilio has left Timo Werner to Liverpool, admits Edinson Cavani ‘isn’t a priority’ and confirms Dries Mertens preferred to stay at Napoli.
Werner announced earlier this month he was targeting a move abroad and it was reported just two days ago that Liverpool had pulled out of the race to sign the RB Leipzig striker.
However, Auslio announced in his interview with Sky Sport Italia that ‘he won’t be here next season’, with the broadcaster going on to report that the Reds have the best chance of landing him.
“I’ll be honest: I’ve always liked him, we’ve been tracking him for some time,” he told Gianluca Di Marzio.
“However, he won’t come to Inter for various reasons: there’s never been any negotiations because I know what the player wants.
“He has a release clause, but he won’t be here next season.”
The sporting director was then asked about Cavani and Mertens, two more targets to strength the Nerazzurri’s attack next season.
“Inter have shown that they’re always attentive to free agents. We’ve strengthened ourselves with them.
“I’m thinking of De Vrij, Godin and Asamoah. We must always look at opportunities they present and Cavani’s one of them.
“But for me to tell you that we’ve thought about him seriously, I’d be lying for one simple reason: we think of our attack as being composed of Lukaku and Lautaro, and then we’re weighing up Sanchez.
“For many, he’s out of our project, but he can still be very useful. Then there’s Esposito.
“With him we’ll assess whether it’s appropriate to let him gain experience elsewhere; we’ll think about the fourth striker, but right now Cavani’s profile isn’t a priority to improve a department that’s already strong.
“I have an excellent relationship with [Napoli sporting director Cristiano] Giuntoli and I was in touch with him very recently.
“I don’t know if [Mertens] has signed his renewal with Napoli, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he stays there: I don’t understand all this media frenzy.”

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Tagliafico is a solid player. I think people would be surprised that he’s turning 28 in August though.
Yeah, like Ziyech, he's already in his prime. I actually view it as a bonus with all the youth we have, just hope it works out better than Filipe Luis did.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Tagliafico is a solid player. I think people would be surprised that he’s turning 28 in August though.
I think he will be serviceable for a few more years. Pissed away some years in Mexico but hes turned exactly the player I expected.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

I feel like the move Liverpool should make is a loan with an obligation to buy.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Oh, I was referring to Moussa Dembele at Lyon. His price was dropped to 45M. So, yeah definitely different positions.

Reactions: Gecklund

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
They don’t play the same position.

Doesn’t matter, we needed wingers and I’m not a fan of paying 70M for an unproven product like Pepe, when we’re pinching pennies and our back line has looked like complete garbage for the past decade now.

We also dodged a major bullet when we were making a run for Lemar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad