Transfer: 2020 Summer (we think) Transfer Window Rumors, News & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Think it was you I was talking to but I stand corrected on Werner. :laugh: what does Chelsea’s starting 11 look like with Ziyech and Werner? Is Abraham on the bench?
I was just posting what was reported, no biggie.

Reports were they like Mertens, Auba, and Werner for their ability to play outside, Dembele was the only target that didn't match that description. I think Lampard also likes a 2 striker formation at times, but he never had the players to do it. I have no idea what the starting 11 will be, just know that there is a lot of versatility. Ziyech can be the attacking mid in the midfield or he can be on RW. Werner can play anywhere in the front 3. Maybe we have a 2 striker formation used with Tammy and Werner. I'm not even going to try and guess.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
It seems more and more obvious that LFC has a policies that they need to sell before they can buy.

I am glad we have a top team right now but the owners definitely don't want to risk losing money.

They will not react until they are not at the top or one player ask out. They are skint.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Re: what does Chelsea's starting XI look like next year

I think there'll be a lot of rotation because there's a serious logjam in a few positions. A lot of crafting the XI based on the opponent as well (which Lampard did a lot this year already).

First choice, I think, looks like this:

Werner
Pulisic - Mount - Ziyech
Kante - Kovacic
Chilwell (ideally) - Rudiger - Zouma - James/Azpi
Kepa

That said, I think it's very possible you could see Werner playing off Abraham (as he's done with Poulsen and Schick this year), with Ziyech and Pulisic (or Mount, RLC, or CHO) in the other two attacking midfield positions. There isn't space on the pitch for all 3 of Kovacic, Jorg, and Kante at the same time - they don't play well when they're all there - and the team is better off swapping one of them out for an advanced midfielder, be it Mount, RLC, or Ziyech playing inside. No matter what the XI is, I think the 3 in a 4-2-3-1 set-up will be super fluid in terms of positioning on the pitch, similar to when we set up with Mata, Hazard, and Oscar in those spots.

Reactions: bleedblue1223

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Re: what does Chelsea's starting XI look like next year

I think there'll be a lot of rotation because there's a serious logjam in a few positions. A lot of crafting the XI based on the opponent as well (which Lampard did a lot this year already).

First choice, I think, looks like this:

Werner
Pulisic - Mount - Ziyech
Kante - Kovacic
Chilwell (ideally) - Rudiger - Zouma - James/Azpi
Kepa

That said, I think it's very possible you could see Werner playing off Abraham (as he's done with Poulsen and Schick this year), with Ziyech and Pulisic (or Mount, RLC, or CHO) in the other two attacking midfield positions. There isn't space on the pitch for all 3 of Kovacic, Jorg, and Kante at the same time - they don't play well when they're all there - and the team is better off swapping one of them out for an advanced midfielder, be it Mount, RLC, or Ziyech playing inside. No matter what the XI is, I think the 3 in a 4-2-3-1 set-up will be super fluid in terms of positioning on the pitch, similar to when we set up with Mata, Hazard, and Oscar in those spots.
I know Juve have been interested in Jorginho, so I wonder what happens with him, and I'm curious how Lampard views RLC, is he more advanced or more box-to-box. We'll have a very flexible lineup.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
On a possible Werner transfer.

His 60m Euro release clause ends on June 15th. After that his value might be much higher. His contract with Leipzig ends in 2023.

So, IF some side wants him, this is the right time to buy. If LFC don't want, then Chelsea might buy him.

Every German sports site is reporting this including reliable ones like "kicker"
Timo Werner vor Wechsel zum FC Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad