GDT: 2020 Playoffs part the second

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Do you mean at the time of the trade? Because I can't go one podcast these days without hearing the same praise for bringing those two in

Right, that's easy to say now...they were generally excoriated at the time.

Well, Pavelski finally scored on a manned net in a finals game

So he's got that going for him, which is nice

Figures it happens when he isn't a Shark!

fasterthanlight

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2009
Seattle, WA
Also, more reasons to root for Dallas: if they lose, Bruins fans will eternally say "our GM knew that t̶h̶o̶r̶n̶t̶o̶n̶ Seguin would never be a winner, so any trade to get him off our team was a good one."

Reactions: Sandisfan

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Also, more reasons to root for Dallas: if they lose, Bruins fans will eternally say "our GM knew that t̶h̶o̶r̶n̶t̶o̶n̶ Seguin would never be a winner, so any trade to get him off our team was a good one."
If Dallas loses maybe they will be more desperate to improve next year and try to go for Burns. I don't care what Bruins fans say.

FunkyPhin

Feb 2, 2011
Vancouver
If Dallas loses maybe they will be more desperate to improve next year and try to go for Burns. I don't care what Bruins fans say.

Would they really go for burns with his contract with the sudden emergence of hieskanan? Seems like what Dallas is missing is forward depth, Not more offensive defenceman.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Would they really go for burns with his contract with the sudden emergence of hieskanan? Seems like what Dallas is missing is forward depth, Not more offensive defenceman.

Can you imagine Dallas with Burns, Heiskanen, and Klingberg down the right side?

Thought honestly, Dallas would probably be best looking for an upgrade on Oleksiak on that 2nd-pairing. Seguin's playoff failures notwithstanding, their forward group is pretty good, especially if Kirivanta is the real deal.

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

LeeIFBB

Crossing the Rubicon
Sep 30, 2011
Tanning Bed

You're right. No GM in the NHL would ever trade for a #1 offensive D when they already have one and need forward depth. :sarcasm:
Depends on how much UV radiation said GM has been exposed to.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
I unmuted just to hear Emrick's call....my goodness, from "off the floor, on the board!" to..."out of a storybook".

Jwec

Dec 21, 2015
Finland
Jamie Benn will score today. He has played way too well on finals to be without points after three games.

FunkyPhin

Feb 2, 2011
Vancouver
One goal does determine it...

I mean dudes a PPG #1C when healthy, thats a phenomenal addition back to the team. Doesn't loook like he's close to 100% based on what the broadcast was saying, I also joined late to the game, so haven't been able to see how he has been playing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad