GDT: 2020 Playoffs part the second

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Evgeny Kutznetsov had 32 points in 24 games when Capitals won the Cup. Two more than Couture. And still Alex Ovechkin won Conn Smythe and he fully deserved it. Ovie had 15 goals and 12 assists. My assumption was that if Pavs would've scored couple goals and assists on game 1-6 for example he would definitely been Conn Smythe winner as we would've won the cup with couple extra goals as IRC most of our losses in cup finals were one goal games. So he most likely would've had more goals than Ovie in 2018 if he would've played the finals even adequate level.
Claude Lemieux also won MVP for leading in goals while line mate Richer led in points. It's understandable sometimes for a leading goal scorer to win it over the points leader. Lemiuex's goals were at huge moments. So were Ovi's. It's how he got his reputation. Pavs wasn't the clutch player that year, Couture was.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Burns has the 6th highest point total among defenseman in a single playoffs. Maybe he should have gotten the Conn Smythe?

Jwec

Dec 21, 2015
Finland
So we're just making stuff up to support our assertions? Ok... if Vlasic had scored the way he thinks he can he would have been MVP and the Sharks would never have been tempted to trade for EK65. :thumbu::laugh:
I did not make stuff up. I was just making point that if we would have won 2016 I am sure Pavelski would have gotten Conn Smythe. As for us to win SC it would have required Pavs to score more than 1 EN goal in the finals in the first place. And he was really the favorite to win it before finals. Couture was awesome but Pavelski was huge in conference finals. Also where comes the narrative that Pavelski disappears after round 2. He scored first goal of game 6 in 2016 CF and 9 points in 6 games on that round.

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
I get sad thinking about that finals run

I really thought everything was coming together for one magical postseason :(

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
I get sad thinking about that finals run

I really thought everything was coming together for one magical postseason :(
This is why I don't believe anything good happens to the Sharks. When we win part of me thinks they will strip away the cup from the Sharks due to some PED scandal.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
This is why I don't believe anything good happens to the Sharks. When we win part of me thinks they will strip away the cup from the Sharks due to some PED scandal.

"Its been discovered that in his pre-season medical papers and insurance forms, in the section that says 'do not write in this space' Marc-Edouard Vlasic wrote 'OK'. As a result, the Sharks' entire season results will be vacated amd the trophy awarded to Vegas."

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
I did not make stuff up. I was just making point that if we would have won 2016 I am sure Pavelski would have gotten Conn Smythe. As for us to win SC it would have required Pavs to score more than 1 EN goal in the finals in the first place. And he was really the favorite to win it before finals. Couture was awesome but Pavelski was huge in conference finals. Also where comes the narrative that Pavelski disappears after round 2. He scored first goal of game 6 in 2016 CF and 9 points in 6 games on that round.
Dude. You're making up an alternate reality where Pavs scores more goals than he did and claiming he was the front runner for the MVP in the finals when he wasn't. Go back and watch the broadcasts. He's rarely mentioned as a possibility. It's all about Couture and Jones. You're assertion that if that won the cup Pavs would have been MVP is just silly. It's the same as "if my aunt had male genitalia she would be my uncle". Also don't throw that "Pavs disappears in the 2nd round" thing at me, I'm not the one who even stated that. Go have that argument with the person who wrote it.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
Dude. You're making up an alternate reality where Pavs scores more goals than he did and claiming he was the front runner for the MVP in the finals when he wasn't. Go back and watch the broadcasts. He's rarely mentioned as a possibility. It's all about Couture and Jones. You're assertion that if that won the cup Pavs would have been MVP is just silly. It's the same as "if my aunt had male genitalia she would be my uncle". Also don't throw that "Pavs disappears in the 2nd round" thing at me, I'm not the one who even stated that. Go have that argument with the person who wrote it.

Yea, I gotta agree with this. Pavs was fire in the first round but after that it was all Couture and Jones.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
Khudobin gets compared to Nabokov and immediately gets lit up. The Shark Curse is real.

f9ff1d1d3d645b49bcf2376e09cfaf3c.jpg

Reactions: Negatively Positive

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Jokes aside, can't blame Khudobin on any of those goals. Tampa Bay owned that period...some really stupid penalties by the Stars.

FunkyPhin

Feb 2, 2011
Vancouver
That Seguin contract so far this season is not looking good. 10 games without a goal in the playoffs is a pretty big oof for your $9.8 million dollar #1C

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Broadcast mentions Nabby, Khudobin lets in 3 right after :laugh:
Not to mention he floodgates were blown open on a PP caused by Pavelski. Sharks hockey.
That Seguin contract so far this season is not looking good. 10 games without a goal in the playoffs is a pretty big oof for your $9.8 million dollar #1C
This year? He's a career .4ppg player in the postseason.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002

Oddly enough, Tampa Bay was the last team to win a cup with one of their top players playing so poorly.

On another note, Tampa Bay was really criticized for the Coleman and Goodrow trades, but man those players really just *fit* this team.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
On another note, Tampa Bay was really criticized for the Coleman and Goodrow trades, but man those players really just *fit* this team.

Do you mean at the time of the trade? Because I can't go one podcast these days without hearing the same praise for bringing those two in

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad