GDT: 2020 Playoffs part the second

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
I was at a high school football game in Dallas metro tonight. Was sickening to see how many fake fans that never watched a hockey game had the game on their phones. (Never seen anyone have a hockey game on their phone during HS football game, except me with the Sharks. And frankly I wouldn't go to a HS football game if my team was playing in a Cup Finals game.)

Even heard a guy behind me say "Dallas is in the Finals? Who are they facing?"

Felt good when Shatty scored that PP goal, not gonna lie.

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
I was at a high school football game in Dallas metro tonight. Was sickening to see how many fake fans that never watched a hockey game had the game on their phones. (Never seen anyone have a hockey game on their phone during HS football game, except me with the Sharks. And frankly I wouldn't go to a HS football game if my team was playing in a Cup Finals game.)

Even heard a guy behind me say "Dallas is in the Finals? Who are they facing?"

Felt good when Shatty scored that PP goal, not gonna lie.

I hope they finish it off for your sake.

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
Caps and Bolts shake off the choker label. The Sharks stand alone in futility. There's no more Sharks East. The Thornton Sharks will go down as the biggest losers of the first 2 decades of the 2000's.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
That was a different core. The Stamkos/Kucherov/Hedman core has failed repeatedly with talented rosters. Now they get the monkey off the back although I don't know how much credit Stamkos is gonna get.
We could all see how much talent Kucherov, Hedman, Point etc. had. It just seemed like a matter of time with how well the Bolts are/were run and drafted. We'll see if they maintain it without Yzerman.

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
Caps and Bolts shake off the choker label. The Sharks stand alone in futility. There's no more Sharks East. The Thornton Sharks will go down as the biggest losers of the first 2 decades of the 2000's.

Bolts choked last year, but they never really had the choker label. They made the Finals not long ago, and they’re current core hasn’t been together that long.

Bolts have a likable team, plus they will (hopefully) keep Dallas from fluking their way to a Cup.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Bolts choked last year, but they never really had the choker label. They made the Finals not long ago, and they’re current core hasn’t been together that long.

Bolts have a likable team, plus they will (hopefully) keep Dallas from fluking their way to a Cup.

TBL choked in 2018 as well

They went up 3-2 in the ECF and then got shutout in games 6 and 7 by a lesser WSH team when they had home ice advantage

TBL should honestly be gunning for a 3peat right now, they just needed a way to f*** the Sharks over to actually win, Barclay Goodrow for Conn Smythe

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA

They went up 3-2 in the ECF and then got shutout in games 6 and 7 by a lesser WSH team when they had home ice advantage

TBL should honestly be gunning for a 3peat right now, they just needed a way to f*** the Sharks over to actually win, Barclay Goodrow for Conn Smythe

Eh. Not to best way to go out, but losing to that Caps team isn’t that shameful. Plus, again, their core hasn’t been together that long.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017

That's not a choke job though. Both those teams were incredibly talented. That's just getting beat by a more committed team. It's debatable that the Caps were a "lesser team". A bunch of good to great forwards including the best goal scorer in a few decades, good defense with a legit #1 and one of the best goalies in the NHL that season. The margin between the two was very slim if there really was one.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Getting shutout in two straight playoff games as the top seed in the conference when a win in either means a berth in the finals is choking

Maybe you don't agree, but I can't have sympathy for a 113 point team not being able to score a single goal in 120 minutes of play

I'm not even arguing that Washington wasn't good, but Tampa even was better and choked, not as bad as they choked the next year, but they choked

FunkyPhin

Feb 2, 2011
Vancouver
The biggest choke job was still Vancouver in 2011. Far and away the best team in the league, up 2-0 in the finals, choke that away, up 3-2, choke that away.

NorCalhockey

Jan 6, 2017
As someone who’s watched the Sharks since they entered the league, it sux that Sharks hold the last choke label in the NHL. I still have residual goodwill for the Sharks. Still remember Zyuzin OT goal, Jumbo slide when Sharks won playoff game in LA, Nolan scoring from the blue line, etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad