Prospect Info: 2020 NHL Entry Draft Thread

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
The list is definitely all over the place, with Mysak at 43 for example. If he drops that far, the Kings take him and run with one of their multiple second rounders.
If we draft him , we should all kick in a few $ to get Mysak a MyPillow

mike-prem-lr.png

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
They’ve got to be thinking along the lines of packaging up those second rounders to get another 1st round selection, if someone will play ball. Our prospect pool is deep now, so it’s quality not quantity we need from this draft. What are the thoughts on price, would we need to use all three second rounders (35, 48, 59)? What are they worth, would that net us a pick around 15-20? I genuinely have no idea, it’s just my gut feeling. What would two of those seconds net us?

I just feel like using 3 second round picks will lead to a log jam in the system of players in that bracket. Which would mean they’d probably have less value, if we just end up trading the rights to whomever we picked somewhere down the line.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
That oughta be good for a laugh. Pronman is the worst NHL analyst I have ever read. Dude contradicts himself from paragraph to paragraph.

In a way, I honestly appreciate the work of Pronman, Button, etc. Even if I strongly disagree with them, I do appreciate their willingness to put themselves out there.

That said, Pronman suffers from the same issues as Button - the need for volatility and movement to get more views. After all, if the ranking is pretty much the same, then readers wouldn't want to follow up. Furthermore, I just don't know how closely he watches these prospects and how often. Looking at the top 10, there are players from the QMJHL, OHL, DEL (Germany), SHL (Sweden), VHL (Russia), and WHL. Did he watch them all live? Or did he watch video? Did he focus on them, or did he watch the game as an aggregate and just key on players who stood out? How much input does he get from other sources before forming his own?

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Those are the most reactionary rankings I've ever seen from Pronman. Pretty out of character honestly.

RocketKing

Jul 2, 2017
They’ve got to be thinking along the lines of packaging up those second rounders to get another 1st round selection, if someone will play ball. Our prospect pool is deep now, so it’s quality not quantity we need from this draft. What are the thoughts on price, would we need to use all three second rounders (35, 48, 59)? What are they worth, would that net us a pick around 15-20? I genuinely have no idea, it’s just my gut feeling. What would two of those seconds net us?

I just feel like using 3 second round picks will lead to a log jam in the system of players in that bracket. Which would mean they’d probably have less value, if we just end up trading the rights to whomever we picked somewhere down the line.
I’m hoping that the added picks will be used to move up or to make a trade for quality player. We already have a solid amount of up and coming talent. At this point we need to find that 1 or 2 difference makers.

Rusty Batch

Sep 22, 2010

For what's it's worth, according to an NHL draft value chart I found. Those three seconds equal the value of the 10th overall selection.

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
For what's it's worth, according to an NHL draft value chart I found. Those three seconds equal the value of the 10th overall selection.
Interesting, it’s good to have some sort of indicator and in reality I’m probably not that far out then. I’d find anyone around #10 being willing to trade very surprising given it’s a decent draft but I’d be happy with something in the 15-20 range if possible. I guess it depends if anyone needs to restock their system and like the players that are likely to be available in those spots.

Last edited:

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
This is such a cool little tool at dobber hockey. It's a draft and lottery simulator all built into one. I don't know if it works on your phone or not, but it's great on my computer.

draftsim

You can choose your team that you want to be the GM for the draft, set different parameters with a slider such as the randomness of the picks by the computer for other teams, set team needs for the draft, simulate the draft lottery, have the computer simulate other team picks until it's your turn with your team, then it gives you the list of players to choose from and even details and stats about that player, including scouting reports. You can simulate the entire draft through all 7 rounds, then it gives you a list of your picks at the end. You can even try and trade draft picks (it assigns a number value to the selection for each pick, and you are not allowed to cheat, the value of your picks must be higher than the value of the other team's picks to make the trade) and then do the draft. Give it a try. Good fun while we wait an eternity for the draft in late summer.

Rusty Batch

Sep 22, 2010
Interesting, it’s good to have some sort of indicator and in reality I’m probably not that far out then. I’d find anyone around #10 being willing to trade very surprising given it’s a decent draft but I’d be happy with something in the 15-20 range if possible. I guess it depends if anyone needs to restock their system and like the players that are likely to be available in those spots.
Yeah it's an interesting decision. I don't think I would trade all three to get into the 16-20 range, I would do it to get into the 10-15 range. But it depends who is there obviously. If we could snag Sanderson or especially Jarvis there then I would do it.

Otherwise I like having the three seconds, my general feeling is that we load up on prospects this draft and largely complete our prospect pool. We have a tremendously deep prospect pool that is more thant ready to be in the NHL. These second rounders will end up hopefully being the type of guys that need some seasoning and can help us with Depth roles a few years from now when the team starts to get expensive. Let's start thinking about winning going forward!

Last edited:

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Yeah it's an interesting decision. I don't think I would trade all three to get into the 16-20 range, I would do it to get into the 10-15 range. But it depends who is there obviously. If we could snag Sanderson or especially Jarvis there then I would do it.

Otherwise I like having the three seconds, my general feeling is that we load up on prospects this draft and largely complete our prospect pool. We have a tremendously deep prospect pool that is more thant ready to be in the NHL. These second rounders will end up hopefully being the type of guys that need some seasoning and can help us with Depth roles a few years from now when the team starts to get expensive. Let's start thinking about winning going forward!

It depends on who is there but yeah, I don't know that I like say, Mysak/Jarvis alone THAT much more than say all three of Peterka-Guhle-Weisblatt. There's a LOT of talent in the 2nd round that's not that far off unless you're incredibly confident that one of those 10-15 guys is a major major sleeper.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
This is such a cool little tool at dobber hockey. It's a draft and lottery simulator all built into one. I don't know if it works on your phone or not, but it's great on my computer.

draftsim

You can choose your team that you want to be the GM for the draft, set different parameters with a slider such as the randomness of the picks by the computer for other teams, set team needs for the draft, simulate the draft lottery, have the computer simulate other team picks until it's your turn with your team, then it gives you the list of players to choose from and even details and stats about that player, including scouting reports. You can simulate the entire draft through all 7 rounds, then it gives you a list of your picks at the end. You can even try and trade draft picks (it assigns a number value to the selection for each pick, and you are not allowed to cheat, the value of your picks must be higher than the value of the other team's picks to make the trade) and then do the draft. Give it a try. Good fun while we wait an eternity for the draft in late summer.

Legit simmed it one time and we won the lottery. I'm feeling good about this!

In all seriousness that's a very cool site. I think I've seen some of these before, but this one feels the most genuine and I don't others have had a kind of randomness sliders and team needs sliders. Very cool features.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Legit simmed it one time and we won the lottery. I'm feeling good about this!

In all seriousness that's a very cool site. I think I've seen some of these before, but this one feels the most genuine and I don't others have had a kind of randomness sliders and team needs sliders. Very cool features.

It's a lot of fun. I really like the trade feature with values assigned to pick numbers. Lots of options to play with.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
McKeen's final ranking are out.

1. Lafreniere
2. Stutzle
3. Byfield
4. Raymond
5. Sanderson
6. Drysdale
7. Holtz
8. Perfetti
9. Rossi
10. Quinn
11. Askarov
12. Jarvis
13. Mercer
14. Guhle
15. Schneider
16. Lundell
17. Peterka
18. Zary
19. Gunler
20. Lapierre
21. Brisson
22. Bourque
23. Neighbours
24. Greig
25. Amirov
26. Holloway
27. Mysak
28. Perreault
29. Wiesblatt
30. O'Rourke
31. Smilanic

Ja Sports

May 6, 2020
New hype reel for Quinton Byfield :) this one was my favourite to make so far

Hit the like or subscribe button if you guys enjoy!

More videos are on the way

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad