Prospect Info: 2020 NHL Entry Draft Thread

Crownroyal21

Mar 19, 2019
I still for the life of me can't figure out why McSorely thought he needed an illegal curve. I also don't think I've even seen a stick measurement attempted in the NHL since his in '93.
The stupid rule doesn’t even exist anymore.

Crownroyal21

Mar 19, 2019
I was in high school at the time. I worked at a pizza place when the Kings lost on OT the manager threw a broom at the window shattering it. Didn’t they lose the next game in OT too?

tbrown33

Jun 22, 2019
I was in high school at the time. I worked at a pizza place when the Kings lost on OT the manager threw a broom at the window shattering it. Didn’t they lose the next game in OT too?

yeah, the next game, and the game after that

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Some things will never change, and this board being mostly anti-NCAA will always be one.

Makar, Hughes, Eichel, Werenski, Connor, yeah who would want to draft any of those guys. O

Junior teams want to win just as much as NCAA teams, and honestly way more. There is not the overall growth aspect that players get when they go to college, most junior coaches are looking to just move up the ladder where as NCAA coaches, especially at the major programs have reached their coaching pinnacle. If you're McDavid or someone like that and there is no question you are going to be in the NHL at 18 then you should play junior hockey, for everyone else, I'll take the track record of two-year NCAA players as they seamlessly transition into the league very well.

Most elite prospects now-a-days skip over the AHL completely, or play a very select games, usually at the end of their junior or college seasons. If you are worried about how the Kings potential pick in this draft is going to be developed in the AHL then this pick is probably going to end up being a disaster. There is not a single player taken 1-2 this decade to spend any time in the AHL. Remember the Colten Tuebert rule (If a 1st rounder ends up in the ECHL it's game-set-match on his career), well the same thing is mostly true of Top 3 picks who end up in the AHL. The results are pretty ugly. We better hope Byfield or Stutzle never wear that Reign jersey.

The JJ stuff, still can't believe it's even discussed to be honest. I had season tickets both years JJ played in Michigan, the defensive growth from year 1 to year 2 was good. JJ just didn't have the brain to match the skills and his NHL career suffered greatly because of it, he won't be the first person that has happened to and it won't be the last. To blame it on a coach, especially one who sent more players to the NHL over his years there than any other NCAA coach is quite hilarious, but consider the source being one of those guys who just loves to hear himself talk and make excuses...

As far as Turcotte, we will see what happens. I still believe that throwing a player who struggled mightily to play a 200 foot game in the Big Ten into a 60+ game schedule vs. even bigger, stronger and more talented competition could really hurt his development. He is going to need to be living in the weight room this coming year. The offense is whatever, he has a proven track record of generating offense, and you could see the talent even in a down year. But his defensive zone play was a disaster, that is what I am most worried about with Turcotte. We will ultimately see which decision was best, if he kills it and has a big year in the AHL and gets a call-up then you have to say the Kings made the right decision, if he is overmatched and overpowered I think they risk potentially ruining a high pick. We will see though.
Teubert was a huge reach! Lombardi was looking for toughness and spent heavily...getting nothing in return but you know that! Hindsight being 20-20 he should have looked for a Teubert type tough guy in the 3rd-4th-7th round!

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
EcmgYB6XkAE43IB

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Would anyone trade Alex Turcotte for Jamie Drysdale straight up? Or, I guess what I’m asking is, which players in the 2020 draft are worth more than Turcotte?

Reactions: funky

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad