2020 NHL Entry Draft - Never too early....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Professional athletes aren’t going to do this. Lol

I also don’t see what half your post has to do with having 1 lottery after all odds will be finalized. It’s like having a lottery at 77 games and then after 82 games. I just don’t see the point.
They wouldn't do it, but who's to say management wouldn't bench their best players?
I completely agree with you, that there should just be one lottery after the play-in games.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
This would be a nightmare, and why I wish they'd wait until the play-in round is over and just run the lotto as normal.
Exactly. This format only works if the bottom 7 teams win the lottery.

If an unassigned pick jumps up, you're going to get intentional tanking from a team like Pittsburgh or Edmonton that should in no way have a shot at a top 3 pick.

It will be a nightmare if the second lottery phase is needed.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
It’s ridiculous that because people were mad about the hawks having a chance to win the cup and draft #1 overall... the solution is to give the team that finished 5th overall and have Crosby and Malkin the same exact chance at Laf as a team that finished 24th?

Crow

May 19, 2014
How is it determined which slot a losing play in team will pick? Seed position?

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
How is it determined which slot a losing play in team will pick? Seed position?
Picks 8-15 are now unassigned and belong to nobody.

If an unassigned pick jumps into the top 3, they do another lottery to determine who gets that pick.

Odds will be based points, how they usually do the draft.

For example if Montreal were eliminated, they'd have the highest odds.

Crow

May 19, 2014
Picks 8-15 are now unassigned and belong to nobody.

If an unassigned pick jumps into the top 3, they do another lottery to determine who gets that pick.

Odds will be based points, how they usually do the draft.

For example if Montreal were eliminated, they'd have the highest odds.
Okay that’s what I thought even if I didn’t explain myself very well because the seeds are also based off points I’m assuming.

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
If a play-in series loser wins a top-3 pick, we have the 2nd highest odds of getting that pick. If we lose against Edmonton, Lafreniere is ours.

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
In what way is it comparable to the Monty hall problem?

Yes well first my info at the time was wrong, where I read the second lottery was weighted based on inverse point percentage.

The idea was that the odds change for the better once "Assigned Teams A-F" win a lottery draw. At some point before the playoffs even start we know whether that happens so, it would be as if we had the choice to change our decision to not make the playoffs and we would have a greater chance at winning the lottery

That's incorrect actually. the NHL updated their site and that is actually not true. The play-in teams will all have a 12.5% chance at a top 3 pick, should it happen that a team jumps from 8 or later to the top 3.

Thst is pretty brutal imo

ChicagoHockeyFan

Mar 3, 2019
Some of the real high risk players are definitely gonna slide in this draft and hawks love to bet on skill and upside over a sure thing, hence the Nylander for Joker trade. I could see a guy like Poirier being available in late 1st or early 2nd and we could move up for him. Lapierre is for sure gonna slide too but I wouldn’t use a top pick on him with his injury history. Safer players like Sanderson, Schneider, Lundell are probably gonna go way earlier than most expect

LavalPhantom

Sep 12, 2014
Is there a scenario where the Hawks can advance to the 16-team bracket and still pick 9? Specifically, if no unassigned pick jumps in the top 3, will it just pre-determine the draft position entirely or would it be Edmonton picking 9 if the Hawks beat them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad