2020 NHL Entry Draft - Never too early....

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
about time we start getting familiar with some of these cats...lol

https://www.tsn.ca/lafreniere-leads-loaded-class-in-tsn-hockey-s-pre-season-draft-ranking-1.1364438

upload_2019-10-14_13-56-38.png

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Nice to have a place to discuss this now. I usually don't start doing my prospect research until November because it's early in the season and the sample sizes are too small.

Any early favourites, AD?

Reactions: AmericanDream

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Nice to have a place to discuss this now. I usually don't start doing my prospect research until November because it's early in the season and the sample sizes are too small.

Any early favourites, AD?
yeah...Lafreniere lol....right now it is a weak draft for USA Hockey so I will do more research as well as we go...

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
yeah...Lafreniere lol....right now it is a weak draft for USA Hockey so I will do more research as well as we go...
Weak for USA, but seemingly strong everywhere else. Canada, Sweden, Finland, and Russia all seem to have some really good prospects.

But after a generational draft, I think it's okay for America to take a year off :laugh:

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
Lafreniere would be nice, but he is coming back down to earth.

My favorite prospect right now is Lucas Raymond... think Boqvist, but actually playing F.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Quentin Byfield is tearing up the OHL and he is a Big Centre..project his size and ability to 4-5 years after the draft and he will e a load to handle even for men pros of the NHL.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I can't confidently place Lafreniere at #1 yet. Still a lot of hockey left to be played. I'm really intrigued by Byfield being a huge center and almost an entire year younger than Lafreniere.

Jaromir Pytlik is a player I'm interested in that isn't being talked about a lot. Actually reminds me a bit of Arty.

Reactions: d rake

migi

Feb 25, 2015
My clear favourites are Byfield and Rossi. Obviously Lafreniere is the best prospect there but I think it's debatable right now.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
My favorite prospect right now is Lucas Raymond... think Boqvist, but actually playing F.

I like Raymond alot too. Reminds me alot of Giroux.

Lundell was also one of my guys that I liked last season.

If it's a mid round pick, I would like to see the Hawks address a big defensemen in the draft too with all of the smaller ones they currently have. Vlasic is a nice start, but not quite the offensive upside.

Schneider would be a fun get. That kid has a bomb when he uses it and throws some big hits. Reminds me of a young Seabrook.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
i glad for this link.

for me, the consensus top 5 are lights out and either one would be a great pick. however i am really leaning on #1 > Lucas Raymond and #2 > Anton Lundell. however with the way the Bhawks talked about smurf players and drafting for skill and height, i wonder if L. Raymond can entice Stan. that is if we were drafting that low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad