2020 NHL Entry Draft - Never too early....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Dumbest take in the history of dumb takes :D
2010: Antti Niemi
2011: Tim Thomas
2012: Jonathan Quick
2013: Corey Crawford
2014: Jonathan Quick
2015: Corey Crawford
2016: Marc Andre Fleury
2017: Matt Murray
2018: Braden Holtby x
2019: Jordan Binnington
2020: Corey Crawford

There's only 2 Vezina winners on this list. And one of them is Tim Thomas...

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
2010: Antti Niemi
2011: Tim Thomas
2012: Jonathan Quick
2013: Corey Crawford
2014: Jonathan Quick
2015: Corey Crawford
2016: Marc Andre Fleury
2017: Matt Murray
2018: Braden Holtby x
2019: Jordan Binnington
2020: Corey Crawford

There's only 2 Vezina winners on this list. And one of them is Tim Thomas...
Didn't you say goaltending didn't matter in the playoffs?

Or is it goaltending doesn't matter in general? :D

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
I don’t necessarily think signing Tavares was a mistake but the contract they gave him painted them into a corner as far as having to pay Matthews and Marner. Had they not signed Tavares, perhaps Matthews and Marner sign for cheaper. Maybe Matthews takes 8 years instead of 5 knowing full well that there’s not a John Tavares keeping him from becoming Captain of the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Having said that, signing Tavares was supposed to put them over the top so they could win before Matthews and Marner were out of the ELCs. It didn’t work out that way as their defense was abysmal and they weren’t very well built for playoff hockey.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
Funny how you still haven't been able to answer this:
Funny how the Av's didn't win a Cup until they got a Vezina trophy winner, eh?

I seem to recall another Vezina trophy winner leading the Devil's to three Cups also.

Oh wait.... You don't know that cuz you've only been a fan since the Hawks started winning Cups. :D

Just take the L, you earned it. :D

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Funny how the Av's didn't win a Cup until they got a Vezina trophy winner, eh?

I seem to recall another Vezina trophy winner leading the Devil's to three Cups also.

Oh wait.... You don't know that cuz you've only been a fan since the Hawks started winning Cups. :D

Just take the L, you earned it. :D
Avoided again.

If it wasn't already glaringly obvious you know nothing about draft prospects, it is now.

Save the draft discussion for the adults, kiddo. Go back to playing Fortnite.

Reactions: Giovi and hawksrule

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
Avoided again.

If it wasn't already glaringly obvious you know nothing about draft prospects, it is now.

Save the draft discussion for the adults, kiddo. Go back to playing Fortnite.
I haven't deep dived into the draft like an obsessed clown, sorry. I also think it's unhealthy to try and micro manage a draft in the current state of the world at the moment or the uncertainty surrounding the draft when nobody knows when it's actually happening.

Tell me tho, where did the Av's go after they got a Vezina winning goalie?

What about Haseks run while in buffalo? I mean, the only reason they made a Cup final was because of him. You know that, right? :D I think he won a Vezina or two....

And if your really an adult, which I doubt, you would know how about the Roy's, Haseks, and Brodeurs of the game.

But your a bandwagon fan :D

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I haven't deep dived into the draft like an obsessed clown, sorry.
Admission from the kid himself that he doesn't know what he's talking about.
giphy.gif

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Do you not understand what "deep dive" means? :D

How many Cups did the Av's win before they got a Vezina winner?

Didn't they have a bunch of high skilled forwards? :D
You know the Av's didnt exist any season prior to trading for Roy right? Suppose you should ask why the Nordiques didn't win. For someone mocking another person for being a new fan or bandwagoner (which is a meatball take) you sure like making silly hockey niave comments.

There's more than 1 way to find success. And thats a totally different era of which you're talking about. But also in that era the Bowman viewed idea of, oh you don't need an elite goalie if the skater talent is elite really shined with his success.

They weren't really an example of some loaded team only adding a goalie uped them. They had several dmen and forwards get added or begin their prime.

Reactions: Hawksfly2gether

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Do you not understand what "deep dive" means? :D

How many Cups did the Av's win before they got a Vezina winner?

Didn't they have a bunch of high skilled forwards? :D
Pretty sad that you're convinced the Hawks are taking Askarov because he's the only player in the draft you've heard of.

Reactions: Crow

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
You know the Av's didnt exist any season prior to trading for Roy right? Suppose you should ask why the Nordiques didn't win. For someone mocking another person for being a new fan or bandwagoner (which is a meatball take) you sure like making silly hockey niave comments.

There's more than 1 way to find success. And thats a totally different era of which you're talking about. But also in that era the Bowman viewed idea of, oh you don't need an elite goalie if the skater talent is elite really shined with his success.

They weren't really an example of some loaded team only adding a goalie uped them. They had several dmen and forwards get added or begin their prime.
Wait....

The Av's didn't exist? There were no Nords before them? Fancy that, I learn something new every day considering the Av's pretty much are the Nords and I refuse to acknowledge that the Nords even exist, but that's just me.

As for era, you might have a point if during that era or any era an elite goalie wasn't a difference maker. If this wasn't the case, there wouldn't be articles that teams fear Price more then any other player in a short series, or, what the bandwagoner stated that a Vezina winning goalie is irrelevant to a Cup contender.

I'm sorry, dude needs to take the L and move on. :D

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Just curious .. why be such a pr*ck just to tout one draft pick over another with other posters.
Can you stand back a few inches for a moment or two and look at what you have been putting out into the field?
It's called pollution. And this planet has plenty already.

Reactions: Giovi and hawksrule

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
I haven't deep dived into the draft like an obsessed clown, sorry. I also think it's unhealthy to try and micro manage a draft in the current state of the world at the moment or the uncertainty surrounding the draft when nobody knows when it's actually happening.

Tell me tho, where did the Av's go after they got a Vezina winning goalie?

What about Haseks run while in buffalo? I mean, the only reason they made a Cup final was because of him. You know that, right? :D I think he won a Vezina or two....

And if your really an adult, which I doubt, you would know how about the Roy's, Haseks, and Brodeurs of the game.

But your a bandwagon fan :D

Who among Roy, Hasek, or Brodeur was taken with a top-10 pick?

Reactions: RayP

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015
Me neither.

Hopefully the rest of the herd ejects along with the bandwagoner once the Hawks select Askarov.

I just hope get a great player be it Raymond, Rossi, Holtz, Askarov, even Lundell somewhat I trust the scouting crew. What I find funny is you calling someone a bandwagon fan when you are probably in your 20’s so you would be as well and probably never saw much before the T&K era.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I just hope get a great player be it Raymond, Rossi, Holtz, Askarov, even Lundell somewhat I trust the scouting crew. What I find funny is you calling someone a bandwagon fan when you are probably in your 20’s so you would be as well and probably never saw much before the T&K era.
20s? He's definitely not out of high school yet.

Reactions: Giovi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad