Prospect Info: 2020 NHL Draft Thread: Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
Assume we get lucky and take LaFreniere at 1. Would you target a centre at 32? Brisson, Hiroven, or Bordeleau? Or would you go defense because we have a forward already

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Assume we get lucky and take LaFreniere at 1. Would you target a centre at 32? Brisson, Hiroven, or Bordeleau? Or would you go defense because we have a forward already

It would completely depend on who is available

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

In all likelihood, I think there will be better quality forwards available at 32 as opposed to defenseman. I also would not let my 1st pick impact my 2nd pick much, if at all.

My ideal scenario would be someone like Mavrik Bourque or Jacob Perreault "falls" and is there at 32. If not, I like Mysak, Bordeleau, Brisson, or Hirvonen at 32. Also would not mind "reaching" for Zybeck or Pashin there (don't consider them reaches).

Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Centers and D go early. Wingers fall.
All things being equal, I think you get a chance to draft a highly regarded winger early in round 2.
That said, historically, it seems like a lot of great defensemen have gone in round 2 - though I wonder if teams have gotten better at drafting and are correcting that.

GoBoltz56

Brisebois 1st Rounder
Jul 31, 2004
Tampa and Michigan
For Centers at 32 I'd like Brisson or Niederbach. For Defense at 32 I'd love O'Rourke, and maybe Jurmo. I doubt Wallinder or Guhle would be there, but they'd be on the list too.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I don't think you should target a certain position at 32 necessarily. In a perfect world for me, Brisson or Wallinder are still around but it really depends upon who is left on the board at that point. It is really, really difficult to predict the last 20% of the first round.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Stutzle is giving me the Elias Petersson vibe. I wouldn't mind that.

As a fan, same. Stutzle does excite me more than any other player in this draft. I truly believe he'll be a perennial ppg guy with many 90 point+ seasons, possibly 100+.

If i were Yzerman, i would not be passing on Lafrieniere though. Something something smartest man in room syndrome. Just take the damn guy.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Yes. Sorry it’s Lukas Reichel
Don't be sorry just a little laugh. There are a 1000 prospects it's easy to get the names mixed up sometimes. Only saw Reichel at WJC, and tbh didn't watch him really close was just focusing on Seider and Stutzle. But, for a guy who hasn't turned 18 yet it's kind of amazing that he had the year he did. Outscored teammates Landon Ferraro and Louis-Marc Aubry!

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
#1 pick definitely take Alexis Lafreniere #2 pick i'm taking Stutzle over Byfield any day of the year.
Honestly I lean Stutzle too but Byfield is right there, and I think I'm going to have instant buyer's regret if we end up in 2OA regardless of who we take... What makes it an easy choice for you? They're a hair width apart for me

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Honestly I lean Stutzle too but Byfield is right there, and I think I'm going to have instant buyer's regret if we end up in 2OA regardless of who we take... What makes it an easy choice for you? They're a hair width apart for me

It is really close for me as well. I personally would take Byfield but wouldn't hate the organization for taking Stutzle at 2. At the very least it is super, super close. I think 1 and 3 are the easiest picks in the draft.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
#1 pick definitely take Alexis Lafreniere #2 pick i'm taking Stutzle over Byfield any day of the year.

That is spoken like someone who has not seen either of them play much. If you think Stutzle is an easy, obvious pick I dont know what to tell ya. 6'4, elite skating with elite hands is very hard to pass up on

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
I was watching the draft dynasty video on Ovchinknikov(sp?) and he was talking about who could be the sleepers in the draft. He talked about the younger players, small guys, guys on terrible teams, and guys buried on powerhouse clubs who don't get much chance to play/contribute. Then it got me thinking about yet another prospect on the 67's: Cameron Tolnai. He was a high pick in the OHL draft after scoring 2ppg in AAA centering Evangelista. So I would be down with a pick like that later on, then see him on their top line next season and see how it goes.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

I could be OK with Stutzle at #2, but I would be pretty upset if we passed up on Lafreniere. He has been so dominant for so long, and I really like how he plays. Lafreniere already plays like a pro. Don't have the concerns that existed for guys like Yakupov and RNH. Lafreniere translates extremely well IMO.

The power dynamic of Lafreniere would mix really nicely with the speed dynamic of Larkin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad