Status
Not open for further replies.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
I'm bored.

Anyone got some sleepers?

Like late round...5th to 7th kinda thing?

James Hardie
Mitchell Miller
Tomi Niku
Colby Ambrosio
Carson Bantle
Evan Vierling
Zayde Wisdom
Benjamin Baumgartner

Of these players I like Hardie, Miller, Niku, Ambrosio, and Vierling the most. I think Miller has the profile similar to a lot of the defenceman that will be top 60 picks and he'll end up falling to the 4th or even later, Niku is similar to Nousiainen statistically, Ambrosio carried his USHL team and imo he should've been even more productive than he was this year, and Vierling was a top OHL pick who flourished away from Flint.

Reactions: Voodoo Glow Skulls

Christien

May 1, 2010
Pronman put out an article today on The Athletic that surveyed NHL scouts. One of the questions that they were polled on was "which organization is the worst at drafting and developing?" Detroit, Edmontron, and Montreal were the only teams that had multiple votes.

*PAYWALL* NHL Scout Poll: What counts in prospect evaluation? Who does... *PAYWALL*

I'm pretty damn sure that The Athletic is offering a free trial for 90 days as well for those of you that don't have it.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Pronman put out an article today on The Athletic that surveyed NHL scouts. One of the questions that they were polled on was "which organization is the worst at drafting and developing?" Detroit, Edmontron, and Montreal were the only teams that had multiple votes.

*PAYWALL* NHL Scout Poll: What counts in prospect evaluation? Who does... *PAYWALL*

I'm pretty damn sure that The Athletic is offering a free trial for 90 days as well for those of you that don't have it.
I want to argue with that, but I... can't, really.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I want to argue with that, but I... can't, really.

How could we argue it? Looking at impact top line players that were drafted and developed by Detroit since Datsyuk, Zetterberg and Kronwall.

Not a single defenseman. Nyquist or Tatar were supposed to the next wave, but kind of petered out as run of the mill top 6 wingers. Really we have Larkin and maybe Mantha can put it together yet, but we are otherwise pinning hopes on the next wave including Zadina, Seider and future picks.

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
Does anyone have a scouting report on Roni Hiroven? Will he make it to 32?

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
How could we argue it? Looking at impact top line players that were drafted and developed by Detroit since Datsyuk, Zetterberg and Kronwall.

Not a single defenseman. Nyquist or Tatar were supposed to the next wave, but kind of petered out as run of the mill top 6 wingers. Really we have Larkin and maybe Mantha can put it together yet, but we are otherwise pinning hopes on the next wave including Zadina, Seider and future picks.
Thankfully, there isn't really anything to feel bad about. There's new management and a new scouting group. The player development guys were new-ish when Yzerman came in. So it may well be that the changes needed have already been made.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Thankfully, there isn't really anything to feel bad about. There's new management and a new scouting group. The player development guys were new-ish when Yzerman came in. So it may well be that the changes needed have already been made.

I’ve been feeling it for a while, but we really need someone to jump their development curve in a major way to become an impact player. Not just exceed expectations, but make that jump to elite. It’s easier if it ends up being someone like Zadina because his curve is already closer, but someone like Robert Mastrosimone or Albert Johansson kind of bucking their projection and becoming something special, like Brayden Point.

We are just lagging behind on top flight talent. I’d like to see Larkin and Bertuzzi playing meaningful playoff games in their prime. With how things stand now, I don’t feel that is in the cards.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

It's really close.

On my average rank based on other ranks Hirvonen is at #30 currently.

His position average is ~32,6. Highest position on any rank is #21. So if somebody really likes him, he probably goes earlier than #32, but if he falls, he is right at our range. I think he is very probable to fall, because those top10 defencemen are all quite low ranked and I'm suspecting some of them go a lot earlier, in front of small sized forwards.

An undersized forward with middle-six upside. Primarily a playmaker but can also finish. Good offensive skills. A natural center but has been used at wing at the men’s level. Great effort and good two-way game.

Roni Hirvonen

In highlights, mostly good passing and scores by driving on the net.

Reactions: HisNoodliness

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands

I have him going late 1st, but I can totally see him fall to the 2nd round due to his size. There are lots of defenders in the early 2nd round and defenders have a slight premium.

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
Sounds like you have him in the same spot as I do. Can’t make up my mind whether to take a defense man or forward at 32. I like Kelvin and O’Rourke also. Kirby Reichel has my interest also

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
I’m surprised Lucas Raymond is at 4 on the international list from Central Scouting. I thought he would be at 4 overall

Reactions: hkydave04

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
I’m surprised Lucas Raymond is at 4 on the international list from Central Scouting. I thought he would be at 4 overall

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
CS has Holtz before Raymond
Perfetti before Rossi
Grans before Wallinder
Drysdale at 3, Sanderson at 4

Some major surprises

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
CS has Holtz before Raymond
Perfetti before Rossi
Grans before Wallinder
Drysdale at 3, Sanderson at 4

Some major surprises

Honest question: why is Holtz ahead of Raymond and Perfetti ahead of Rossi that outrageous to you?

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Not outrageous, but consensus had Raymond before Holtz and Rossi before Perfetti all year.

What consensus? More importantly, why should I care about the consensus if the consensus is wrong? The consensus is wrong about numerous players every draft.

The problem with rankings is that they don't really show how close prospects are to one another. I personally would take Raymond ahead of Holtz (and probably Rossi ahead of Perfetti) but they aren't so far apart that I can guaratnee that Raymond will be a better NHL player than Holtz. Quite honestly it is probably pretty close to a coin flip.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Sounds like you have him in the same spot as I do. Can’t make up my mind whether to take a defense man or forward at 32. I like Kelvin and O’Rourke also. Kirby Reichel has my interest also
Lukas Reichel! Kerby Rychel was the pick preceding Anthony Mantha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad