Prospect Info: 2020 NHL Draft Thread: Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Ha! Yeah Mike Hoffman my bad. The dude in Florida lol, :ha:

Hoffman has one of the best releases in hockey. I don't like how indifferent he plays the game at times, but...

v4FNTd1.gif

Reactions: jkutswings

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Yeah that's how I drew the comparison really. Perreaults best attribute moving forward to the NHL will be his shot and how quick his release is. He's good at working the slot and finding space to get his shot off. Not the best playmaker really or defensively responsible but he's super young like 17 I think, so. Idk, he'd have time to work on things. He's just a guy I've personally seen that I thought/think will make it to the NHL by 21. His shot, spacing and offensive instincts are there imo.

I think Mike Hoffman is his ceiling with Perreaults career more likely being like Radim Vrabata but... still either way a consistent goal scoring threat. If Wings picked up another 1st round pick, through Boston, or whatever, I'd hope they'd take a look at this kid with the selection.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Like I said in that other thread, tons of talent in the OHL this year. Would not be surprised if we walk away with 3-4 kids from the OHL or more in this draft.

Reactions: Snuggs

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Yeah that's how I drew the comparison really. Perreaults best attribute moving forward to the NHL will be his shot and how quick his release is. He's good at working the slot and finding space to get his shot off. Not the best playmaker really or defensively responsible but he's super young like 17 I think, so. Idk, he'd have time to work on things. He's just a guy I've personally seen that I thought/think will make it to the NHL by 21. His shot, spacing and offensive instincts are there imo.

I think Mike Hoffman is his ceiling with Perreaults career more likely being like Radim Vrabata but... still either way a consistent goal scoring threat. If Wings picked up another 1st round pick, through Boston, or whatever, I'd hope they'd take a look at this kid with the selection.

I like Perrault but I think he very likely goes somewhere in the middle of the first. Especially after he tested so while in the skating drills at the top prospect game to go along with that shot of his.

The forward I like most for our picks in rounds 2-3 is Ty Tullio. He reminds me of Cam Atkinson. I also am very intrigued by this Ethan Cardwell kid who has been lighting it up for Barrie since being traded. Super young, but has raw talent.

Reactions: Snuggs

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
I like Perrault but I think he very likely goes somewhere in the middle of the first. Especially after he tested so while in the skating drills at the top prospect game to go along with that shot of his.

The forward I like most for our picks in rounds 2-3 is Ty Tullio. He reminds me of Cam Atkinson. I also am very intrigued by this Ethan Cardwell kid who has been lighting it up for Barrie since being traded. Super young, but has raw talent.
Carwell's a good shout, hope we are looking at Tyson Foerster as well. Wicked right handed shot and also a center.

Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Hey! I watched Ty Tullio at a Flint Firebirds games this year! He is pretty solid, was a noticeable player out there.

If people are from the "area" and wanna catch some games at the "Dort Federal Event Center" in Flint... Evgeniy Oksentyuk is a player doing really well who'll likely get drafted this year if he enters between rounds 3-5 imo. Other talent to watch on the Firebirds too, Ty Dellandrea is still fun to watch too if people remember his hype from last years draft.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
Carwell's a good shout, hope we are looking at Tyson Foerster as well. Wicked right handed shot and also a center.

He's someone I'd love to see us target with our 2nd round pick, I think he'd be great value at 32.

Also, something to note is that Anton Johansson was manning the top PP unit for Sweden in today's 5-Nations tournament game against the US. He's been hurt the past 2 seasons, but was the top scoring dman in the U16 elit league and has been fantastic this year since returning from injury. While he is small at just 5'9 I think he's someone that could rise considerably in the 2nd half if his strong play continues.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Bunch of interesting Finnish kids in this draft as well.

I believe Jarventie was mentioned in the last thread, who is performing very well against older competition even despite being nearly a 2021 eligible. Bigger kid too. Then you also have Hirvonen and Miettinen, who are really skilled forwards but just on the smaller side.

Then on defense you have Topi Niemela and Joni Jurmo, who I have heard have some really intriguing skill sets.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
My mock for Detroit.

I assume, Lafreniere, Byfield, and Stutzle are gone.

1st: Drysdale
2nd: Glotzl
2nd: Pytlik
3rd: McClennon
3rd: Nikishin
5th: Tyutnev
6th: Jacob Murray
7th: Akhtyamov

firestarter

Mar 11, 2019
Slovakia
Roby Järventie at eliteprospects.com

Finnish prospect, good size, plays in their 2nd tier mens league (Mestis) and scored 29 points in 28 games as of now...why is he ranked so low? Could some Finnish posters chime in?

This post got burried in the last thread so I'll just leave it here for the likes of ChadS or Henkka

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
My mock for Detroit.

I assume, Lafreniere, Byfield, and Stutzle are gone.

1st: Drysdale
2nd: Glotzl
2nd: Pytlik
3rd: McClennon
3rd: Nikishin
5th: Tyutnev
6th: Jacob Murray
7th: Akhtyamov

I assume Glotzl refers to Maximilian Glotzl? I think he's a fine prospect, just more suited for the 5th+ round. His production doesn't really warrant a high 2nd selection, are you a fan of his?

This would be my mock under those same conditions:

1st (4th): Marco Rossi (C)
2nd (32nd): Tyson Foerster (C)
2nd (61st): Alex Cotton (D)
3rd (63rd): Ryan Francis (W)
3rd (69th): Veeti Miettinen (W)
5th (125th) Jack Finley (F)
6th (156th) Lassi Lehtinen (G)
7th (187th) Dmitri Ovchinnikov (F)

I based my list off of my own personal rankings and used elite prospects site to determine if a player was or wasn't available at the given pick. For example, Seth Jarvis is ranked at #32, I doubt he will be available at that position come the draft so I didn't select him and instead went with Foerster. Given the emphasis I place on production I'm not surprised to see the draft be forward heavy and that it was on the smaller side as well. I didn't think it made sense reaching for a defenceman given the forwards that were left on the board. I think we could get excellent value after the draft by signing some like Noel Hoefenmayer or Riley McCourt as UDFA. Both would slot in nicely in GR given that we should see at least Seider make the move to the Wings full time.

Roby Järventie at eliteprospects.com

Finnish prospect, good size, plays in their 2nd tier mens league (Mestis) and scored 29 points in 28 games as of now...why is he ranked so low? Could some Finnish posters chime in?

This post got burried in the last thread so I'll just leave it here for the likes of ChadS or Henkka

It seems to happen with players that spend a lot of their time in the Mestis as opposed to the Liiga, a similar thing happened with Puistola last year until he played in the U18s and afterwards he shot up into some peoples late 1st round. I think Jarventie just hasn't been seen by that many people as of now and where his final placement comes from on a lot of lists will be based on his U18, assuming he makes it. He also has only played at the Hlinka for Finland and had a fairly nondescript tournament there.

Last edited:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I wonder if we will look at some guys who project as bottom 6 forwards with size in the middle rounds this year to complement the guys like Phillips, Mastrosimone, etc we took last year.

I would look at Dylan Peterson in rounds 2-4, big RH center with size. Also have Jeff Finley’s son in this draft, who is a big RH center playing in the WHL. Kid is 6’5” alredy and just missed the cutoff for the 2021 draft.

Reactions: Voodoo Glow Skulls

firestarter

Mar 11, 2019
Slovakia
It seems to happen with players that spend a lot of their time in the Mestis as opposed to the Liiga, a similar thing happened with Puistola last year until he played in the U18s and afterwards he shot up into some peoples late 1st round. I think Jarventie just hasn't been seen by that many people as of now and where his final placement comes from on a lot of lists will be based on his U18, assuming he makes it. He also has only played at the Hlinka for Finland and had a fairly nondescript tournament there.

I was hoping we would draft Puistola or Tieksola with our 3rd, but I remember him, Tieksola and Tanus falling probably because they were the size of hobbits..doesn't look like the case with Jarventie

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
1st (4th): Cole Perfetti (C Saginaw OHL)
2nd (32nd): Carter Savoie (LW, Canada, Sherwood Park AJHL)
2nd (61st): Michael Benning (RD, Canada, Sherwood Park AJHL)
3rd (63rd): Theodor Niederbach (RC, Sweden, Frolunda J20)
3rd (69th): Jan Bednar (G, Czech Republic, Karlovy Vary Czech)
5th (125th) Yegor Sokolov (RW/LW Cape Breton Eagles, Q)
6th (156th) Alex Cotton RD (Lethbridge)
7th (187th) Alec Bélanger (D) (Ottawau)

This is the first time I've really looked beyond the top 10.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
I wonder if we will look at some guys who project as bottom 6 forwards with size in the middle rounds this year to complement the guys like Phillips, Mastrosimone, etc we took last year.

I would look at Dylan Peterson in rounds 2-4, big RH center with size. Also have Jeff Finley’s son in this draft, who is a big RH center playing in the WHL. Kid is 6’5” alredy and just missed the cutoff for the 2021 draft.

I bet Yzerman looks for homeruns in the skill department - not so much size.
Looking at his draft record - sure he's drafted some 6'1, 6'2 and 6'3 guys with 3-7th round picks. But outside of drafting Sosunov - a 6'8 monster, that's about it. No 6'4 or 6'5 guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->