2020 NHL Draft Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

1000eeer

Jan 28, 2020
Quebec city
Isnt a C who requires big scoring wingers by definition not a number 1 c?

So Brayden Point is not a 1C? Point would produce probably as much with elite small wingers . But in a perfect world, you provide him wingers with a bit more size. That's all.

Rossi has no holes in his game. He's awesome defensively and equally as good offensively. You can't miss with Rossi. That being said Raymond and Perfetti might have a higher ceiling but they bring some risk too.

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
So Brayden Point is not a 1C? Point would produce probably as much with elite small wingers . But in a perfect world, you provide him wingers with a bit more size. That's all.

Rossi has no holes in his game. He's awesome defensively and equally as good offensively. You can't miss with Rossi. That being said Raymond and Perfetti might have a higher ceiling but they bring some risk too.
Well imo to be a number 1c you have to have the ability to carry your own line no matter what your wingers look like not require a certain type of winger or elite wingers.

Reactions: Gravity

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
Local media source: Trust me bro
So what. If we win the lottery.. he will play here that's it thats all....il va se fermer la yeule et il va jouer.

He will not a make a Lindros of himself...

And Btw...trust me also...Lecavalier did not want To play here either

Reactions: calder candidate

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Lmao I agree but thing is both Toronto and Montreal are excellent cities for young, rich people in general.

What makes them so unattractive specifically for NHLers is being in the most hostile fan/media markets by a landslide

I find Montreal is much friendlier, but if you're an nhl player you probably don't mingle with the common folk often anyway.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Just heard on the radio. The circle of Lafrenière don’t want the Habs draft him lol
This has been out there for a while... It probably mostly true but it won’t ever confirm either way. But just the fact that a story like that come out on main stream media, kind a proved that the kind stuff they would have to deal with, which make it even more believable...

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Matthews probably didn't wanna go to Toronto.. Dahlin to Buffalo.

Usually if you are going 1st overall, the destination isn't ideal.

So Lafreniere to the Coyotes? NHL/Habs is the distraction? Hope I'm wrong but my heart says Habs and my gut tells me Coyotes. But then again, if it's not rigged, those hockey gods are doing a good job at lining this up if it's the Habs that get Lafreniere.

Here we are waiting to find out...

giphy.gif

Reactions: Rozz

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
So Lafreniere to the Coyotes? NHL/Habs is the distraction? Hope I'm wrong but my heart says Habs and my gut tells me Coyotes. But then again, if it's not rigged, those hockey gods are doing a good job at lining this up if it's the Habs that get Lafreniere.

Here we are waiting to find out...

giphy.gif

Lafreniere is going to go to a team that doesn't need him. Such is the fate of a Canadiens fan.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Lafreniere is going to go to a team that doesn't need him. Such is the fate of a Canadiens fan.

Hate to be negative but even with our 12.5% chance... it's a long shot. I'm fine with taking the pessimistic stance and if we get him, I'll do cartwheels and run around my house in my underwear screaming and hollering like a little kid on Christmas day.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Hate to be negative but even with our 12.5% chance... it's a long shot. I'm fine with taking the pessimistic stance and if we get him, I'll do cartwheels and run around my house in my underwear screaming and hollering like a little kid on Christmas day.

I'm fine as long as we lose to the Penguins. I'm very comfortable with who we can get at 9.. I don't think we will be lucky enough for this.

I fully expect them to f*** themselves over, so I'm mentally preparing for the 16th pick.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'm fine as long as we lose to the Penguins. I'm very comfortable with who we can get at 9.. I don't think we will be lucky enough for this.

I fully expect them to f*** themselves over, so I'm mentally preparing for the 16th pick.

Yeah... 16th would be disappointing for sure... especially with the talent that will be there at 9. Rather not think about that outcome but man... if we win Saturday, I'm going to be nervous. Not giving our selves a chance at Lafreniere at all would be the biggest mistake Bergevin would make. I know players play to win but you can instruct Julien to do certain things that help us loose. Maybe he is already.

Lets hope Price is smart and is meh about this play in round.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Yeah... 16th would be disappointing for sure... especially with the talent that will be there at 9. Rather not think about that outcome but man... if we win Saturday, I'm going to be nervous. Not giving our selves a chance at Lafreniere at all would be the biggest mistake Bergevin would make. I know players play to win but you can instruct Julien to do certain things that help us loose. Maybe he is already.

Lets hope Price is smart and is meh about this play in round.

I don't think we'll see any players dog it, they left their families and went into this environment.. they could have opted out. So, they'll be trying and it really just comes down to bounces and Price. As long as we don't get vintage Price and don't get lucky, we shouldn't win because we aren't a good team.

Its hard to gauge because when I watched the exhibition games, most of the good teams didn't look very strong, while the weaker teams seemed to turn it on more to try to get up to their quality of competition and of the bad teams, I think we played the worst.. but Pittsburgh didn't look lights out either, I would have felt more comfortable if they looked as good as Washington did.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I don't think we'll see any players dog it, they left their families and went into this environment.. they could have opted out. So, they'll be trying and it really just comes down to bounces and Price. As long as we don't get vintage Price and don't get lucky, we shouldn't win because we aren't a good team.

Its hard to gauge because when I watched the exhibition games, most of the good teams didn't look very strong, while the weaker teams seemed to turn it on more to try to get up to their quality of competition and of the bad teams, I think we played the worst.. but Pittsburgh didn't look lights out either, I would have felt more comfortable if they looked as good as Washington did.

Pens have little time left with their core so Crosby, Malkin, Letang will be going for it big time. The only things that we need to worry about is

1) We get lucky on our PP
2) Price steels a game or two
3) Pens get injuries or affected by Covid-19 and we don't

Loose game 1 please!

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Lets say we draft 16 and assume the top 12 includes all the big names (Laf, Byfield, Stutzle, Drysdale, Holtz, Raymond, Rossi, Quinn, Perfetti, Askarov, Lundell, Sanderson), I would pick in that order:

1-Dylan Holloway
2-Braden Schneider
3-Lukas Reichel
4-Seth Jarvis\J-J Peterka

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad