2020 NHL Draft Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malmo

Apr 6, 2008
He plays a simple professional game but I like his smarts from the little I’ve seen.

I feel the same about him. I don't think he has great potential, but I like him as a top 6 complimentary player. I like how he cycles the puck in the offensive zone, and he has good hands and overall playmaking skills.

Reactions: le_sean

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
If we end up 16th, we have the assets to move up to 13th. 16th + one 2nd will be enough. Last year Arizona traded the 14th overall + 45th for the 11th overall.

At 13th, we would be guaranteed one of the expected top 10, Jarvis, Lundell or Askarov.
(although i dont want askarov)

Could work. The potential 13th overall belongs to NYR and they don't have a 2nd rounder this year, although they have two 1sts.

I could see NYR having interest in Lundell, but also Holloway and Zary. Both of whom may be available at #16.

I can see Montreal taking D at 16 probably Schneider maybe Mercer if he gets to 16.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I actually see more “power forward” potential in Holtz than Quinn, but Quinn to me is still the better overall all around player- but Holtz has more potential. If that makes any sense lol.

regardless, I rank both very closely and we’d be lucky to land either.
So Quinn is a well rounded, reliable player, while Holtz is more of a gamebreaker. Makes sense to me.

Reactions: DramaticGloveSave

newdimension

May 18, 2013
If the Habs draft at 16, I'm hoping they set their targets on Lukas Reichel. I think he could be a perfect fit for us and seems be gaining traction in rankings. However, in reality, I've got a feeling it'd be between Hendrix Lapierre or Kaiden Guhle.

Sam of Montreal

May 5, 2007
The more I see Suzuki succeeding, the more I want us to take Perfetti. I think Perfetti can be even better offensively although not as good defensively.

Perfetti has gotten a lot of love (strangely more since his last game played). Granted, this is just the amateurs lookout, so it may not mean much, but it is looking more likely than before that Perfetti is seen as a tier above the Rossi/Drysdale/Raymond/Holtz,etc tier rather than amongst them.

I don't think we have a shot at him, but whoever we go for at 9 will be a player with nice potential, so that looks good to me. Plus that small chance at #1.

Gains

Apr 29, 2012
Montreal
IMO these 6 players will be gone for sure before our pick:

Lafrenière
Byfield
Stutzle
Drysdale
Sanderson
Perfetti

And I'm not saying that it's my list, just what I think will happen.

We could be left with 3 of these 5:
Askarov
Raymond
Holtz
Quinn
Rossi

Frank JT

Feb 8, 2014
For me, there's 4 players that will be in the top 5 :
Lafrenière
Byfield
Stutzle
Drysdale

And after that, everything is possible :
Perfetti
Rossi
Raymond
Sanderson
Askarov
Holtz
Lundell
Quinn
Jarvis

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017

Villeneuve ended the 2019-2020 campaign with the most points among QMJHL defensemen (9G-49A). The Sea Dogs blue liner also improved his defensive game as his plus-minus rating went from -52 last season to -5 this year. Villeneuve is ranked 98th overall on the NHL Central Scouting Final List.

Reactions: Dutronc
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad