2020 NHL Draft Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I don't know too much about Amirov except for a scouting report I read. He didn't sound like a home run type pick, but didn't sound too bad either. How would you describe and project him?

He could be a trap. The way he handled himself in the KHL this year was extremely impressive. Unproductive, but impressive. But there's also no statistical case for him being the next Kucherov.

He's a very skilled player, quite polished in all the individual elements of the game, and he reads the play well. So, where are the points? It sort of gives you a weird feeling. He had 8 shots on net in one of his KHL games. He was absolutely everywhere on the ice in a few games that I've watched. And you were left saying ''almost'' every single game.

One reason is that he does not have a lot of finish to his game. He scores a lot of tap ins. You don't see him beating goalies clean. He also makes a lot of ''good'' plays, but you rarely see him make plays that are a dagger to the opposing team. If you compare him to Kucherov at the same age it's not close. Kuch was a buzzsaw going through butter.

Reactions: John B

John B

Nov 19, 2016
He could be a trap. The way he handled himself in the KHL this year was extremely impressive. Unproductive, but impressive. But there's also no statistical case for him being the next Kucherov.

He's a very skilled player, quite polished in all the individual elements of the game, and he reads the play well. So, where are the points? It sort of gives you a weird feeling. He had 8 shots on net in one of his KHL games. He was absolutely everywhere on the ice in a few games that I've watched. And you were left saying ''almost'' every single game.

One reason is that he does not have a lot of finish to his game. He scores a lot of tap ins. You don't see him beating goalies clean. He also makes a lot of ''good'' plays, but you rarely see him make plays that are a dagger to the opposing team. If you compare him to Kucherov at the same age it's not close. Kuch was a buzzsaw going through butter.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->