2020 NHL Draft Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
With the 1st overall selection, the Montreal Canadiens are proud to select...

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Sucks we have to keep talking about this until October. So many things can change.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Sucks we have to keep talking about this until October. So many things can change.

Two weeks from now the play ins will be completed and the phase 2 lottery happens. Lots to talk about after that.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I'm still standing over here by myself hoping we take Dylan Peterson with the blues 2nd,or our 3rd.

Like others have mentioned, it would be nice to snag one of the big, puck moving d, or even Poirier with 1 of our hopefully early 2nds.

There are some players in this draft with size and skill, so landing one of those on top would make this draft pretty damn good and we still have 10 picks to go.

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
What do you guys think of Tristen Robins as a pick with one of our seconds? He looks like a gamer from what I've seen.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
What do you guys think of Tristen Robins as a pick with one of our seconds? He looks like a gamer from what I've seen.

Depending on how the board falls but I would be looking at him in the third. I like the player but hes a sum of the parts guy and I typically want to draft players with a elite offensive skill in the second.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
We will either be talking about -

Lafreniere.

Holtz v. Quinn v. Raymond v. Lundell v. Askarov v. Perfetti v. Rossi

or

the shit left over at 16.

Pls be scenario A or B.

Although I think at 16, there will still be real good players available, it goes without saying that regarding the draft, scenerarios A & B are ideal.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Although I think at 16, there will still be real good players available, it goes without saying that regarding the draft, scenerarios A & B are ideal.

I find it hard to get excited about many at the 16 range.. they would be good players that we would have to hope for a monumental development curve to be what we need.

9 is just a safe bet to give us a valuable piece to our future.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
And it sucks more considering I’m now in Montreal and was looking forward to actually going (though I’ve heard the experience is rather mundane)

It is..

You get to see the movement on the floor,so you're thinking maybe something is going down, but it never does.

I attended the 2008 draft and all Bob Gainey did was drink a lot of coffee and go to the bathroom. We saw Stamkos with an Islanders jersey and was like "WHAT HE GOT TRADED ", but he was just picking it up for his friend, Matt Martin.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I find it hard to get excited about many at the 16 range.. they would be good players that we would have to hope for a monumental development curve to be what we need.

I agree that at 9, they'll have an option of a player who will being value.

At 16, I think the player we hope drops there is Seth Jarvis. Different draft rankings have him in many different spots.

Elite Prospects: 13
Future Considerations: 11
ISS Hockey: 28
Craig Button: 23
McKeen's: 12
Consolidated Ranking: 15
Bob McKenzie: 18
NHL Central Scouting NA Skaters: 11

So he's a little all over the place. Most of them have him mid-1st.

Would you take Jarvis at 9th if Holtz, Rossi, Perfetti, and Raymond are already taken?

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I agree that at 9, they'll have an option of a player who will being value.

At 16, I think the player we hope drops there is Seth Jarvis. Different draft rankings have him in many different spots.

Elite Prospects: 13
Future Considerations: 11
ISS Hockey: 28
Craig Button: 23
McKeen's: 12
Consolidated Ranking: 15
Bob McKenzie: 18
NHL Central Scouting NA Skaters: 11

So he's a little all over the place. Most of them have him mid-1st.

Would you take Jarvis at 9th if Holtz, Rossi, Perfetti, and Raymond are already taken?

I would take Quinn or Sanderson if thats the way it falls.

This is my range after the top 11 (Askarov + Lundell)
  1. Seth Jarvis
  2. Dawson Mercer
  3. Dylan Holloway
  4. Connor Zary
  5. William Wallinder
  6. Braden Schneider
  7. Mavrik Bourque
  8. Noel Gunler
Would have to hope for 4 people to pass on Jarvis to get him and I don't see it happening.. at 16 we are likely to miss out on the top 11 plus Jarvis, Mercer, Holloway.. and then its not so sexy.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON

I know it's very stupid of me but I kinda let myself dream of 1st OV in the last few weeks and now even picking #9 will probably get me down a bit :laugh: I'll have a very hard time getting excited if we end up #16 or worst, we may as well go deep in the playoffs if we somehow beat the Pens cause I'll be very meh about the whole thing from that point on.

Last edited:
Reactions: WeThreeKings

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
It is..

You get to see the movement on the floor,so you're thinking maybe something is going down, but it never does.

I attended the 2008 draft and all Bob Gainey did was drink a lot of coffee and go to the bathroom. We saw Stamkos with an Islanders jersey and was like "WHAT HE GOT TRADED ", but he was just picking it up for his friend, Matt Martin.

Imagine they got 1st overall and the draft was actually held in the Bell Centre. The atmosphere would be electric...then you could just leave after pick 1 :laugh:

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

They've made a lot of picks recently, so I could see them be inclined to use an early 2nd to move up to around 11-12 if they actually do end up picking 16th (especially considering they've been scouting with 8th-9th overall as the likely spot). But I agree, it would suck.

MtlSars

Dec 9, 2016
I live under the assumption we'll draft 9th. If we end up drafting 1st overall I'll be thrilled but I'm not counting on it .

It's better to be pleasantly surprised and happy if it happens than hope for it and be dissapointed if it doesn't.

These forums seems unanimous that we can grab a good player at 9th to build this franchise towards better years

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I live under the assumption we'll draft 9th. If we end up drafting 1st overall I'll be thrilled but I'm not counting on it .

It's better to be pleasantly surprised and happy if it happens than hope for it and be dissapointed if it doesn't.

These forums seems unanimous that we can grab a good player at 9th to build this franchise towards better years

Back to Holtz vs Quinn again then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad