Prospect Info: 2020 NHL Draft 19th Overall Pick, Braden Schneider, D

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Uneven scouting this year so why should we go by the internet writeups?

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
We are loaded with defenseman prospects. Miller, Nils, Schneider, Robertson, Jones. That’s a big asset. You can use that to your advantage in a trade if to replace an aging player or a roster player you want to move for cap relief

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Hey guys thought I would give you my 2 cents on Schneider.

Watched him live since his days with the Prince Albert Mintos

He is a two way defender who plays a very mean game. He doesn't take stupid penalties though but he can punish you out on the ice. He gets up into the play well and has a good hard accurate shot. He will play in the NHL sooner then later. He isn't going to be a top 2 guy though but if you pair him with an offensive guy he can really excel. He is going to be a fan fav some day because he will blow up players on a nightly basis without taking himself out of position.

There is a Jacob Trouba comparison but I think he plays more physical on a regular basis. I love watching him grow over the past couple of years in Brandon and he should have a monster season with a team that I think will challenge for the Memorial cup. He isn't a fighter but he can handle himself in that fashion.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
I'm confused. A lot of people are complaining about picking another RHD, but some of those people are the same folks who say that we should pick BPA and complained about us drafting-for-need in the past.

If the Rangers genuinely though he was BPA, then I'm on board, regardless of our current RHD situation. A lot can change in three or four years...who knows if ADA or Trouba will still be here, or if Lundkvist works out.

Reactions: JCProdigy

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I mean the people I take seriously here all like him a lot
I like him. I'm just not sure he's gonna really fit what we do.

But then again, I don't really wanna do what we do lol. Hopefully we'll have an actual system in place by the time he's ready whenever we feel like the "Quinn yells at the kids" phase is over.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
I'm confused. A lot of people are complaining about picking another RHD, but some of those people are the same folks who say that we should pick BPA and complained about us drafting-for-need in the past.

If the Rangers genuinely though he was BPA, then I'm on board, regardless of our current RHD situation. A lot can change in three or four years...who knows if ADA or Trouba will still be here, or if Lundkvist works out.
People want the Rangers to draft their BPA though

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
You mean the people comparing him to Mcllrath, because I think that was just pure overreaction
Not even that but like a Carlo or a Nurse. They're NHL players and that's pretty good at 19th OA but they're just blurgh and coaches overvalue players like that.

Sign me up for a Pesce, though.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
After my initial freakout I think I like the pick. A top 6 of Lindgren-Fox, Miller-Schneider, Robertson-Nils can be very balanced both offensively and suppressing attempts against.

Reactions: McSauer

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
C’mon people we’ve been discussing roster moves for months. Except for the most stubborn the writing is on the wall that one of the current RD (ADA is the most obvious) will be gone and Lundkvist is very close to step in. Who’s behind him? If we’re talking organizational prospects pipeline depth then RD is a need area if we’re looking beyond 1-2 year readiness.

Reactions: JCProdigy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad