OT: 2020 Football Thread: Offseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt4776

May 8, 2009
Hard to accurately judge when he has no weapons.
Franchise QBs elevate teams.

Sure— maybe he can go on to have a Tannehill like career on teams with a lot of talent. But if we’re in a position to be taking Lawrence, we better take him— because we’d be in that spot because of Sam’s play.

Reactions: LeetchisGod

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Man, I could list a multitude of reasons as to why judging Darnold on his own probably isn’t fair.

no weapons, atrocious o-line, overrated coach, no running game

tht being said. The fact that Darnold flashes SO rarely is a bit of a red flag for me. I mean he has the excuses, but I still have yet to see the guy who was supposed to be Andrew Luck coming out, or even close to it. And Andrew Luck had absolute shit around him in Indy. His situation wasn’t much better than Darnold’s frankly.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm

I've never seen anyone flat out miss 8 or 9 throws the way he did today, throw off his back foot every single pass when there's a ton of time and space, refuse to take wide open running lanes a dozen times, run out for a four yard loss like it's peewee football, never makes an adjustment at the line and then lob a horrific interception across the field to top it off.

He's had worse stat lines with zero protection but this was the worst game I've ever seen him play.

This is when he was supposed to come in, have pro mechanics, a pro arm and great mobility as a third year vet.

He is scared out of his mind out there and has zero composure. He doesn't see the field well, doesn't make good decisions and doesn't have any ability to hang in the pocket

I was positive he'd have a great year. The ONLY positive is this game was so God awful that it featured mistakes that he's never made before to this extent. So maybe this game was an aberration brought on by a nightmare camp with no wr, no weapons getting open, having an effed internal clock bc of his first two seasons and trying to do too much.

Griffin and Herndon are such great outlets yet we never saw them in a two te set. Never saw a te chip block and become a safety valve. Never saw routes designed to give him a late check down. Especially when bell went out

So the play calling was atrocious too.

Last edited:
Reactions: nyrleetch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes