OT: 2020 Football Thread: Offseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Gonna be 4 years in a row with 2 wins or less at the halfway mark for our NYG. Have to try hard to be that bad.

lol, and with a potential Trevor Lawrence at stake, the same Giants fans will appear and voice how important it is to beat Dallas that last game. Anybody wanting a draft pick isn’t a fan.

lol, considering how poorly the Giants have drafted, maybe they are right

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
People here wanted to fire Gase before his 1st game. Not that they were wrong but I don't see why people still seem so excited about Judge.

Well Gase was a failure in Miami and the excitement about Judge is twofold:

1) He says the right things and is clearly sharp. He also has a gravitas. So people liked him before a game was played.

2) The team has played hard for him in 3 of 4 games. I'd say those 3 games on defense at least were better than almost any games in the 3 years prior. And the talent on defense sucks. My confidence in him was shaken a bit after San Francisco though.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
People here wanted to fire Gase before his 1st game. Not that they were wrong but I don't see why people still seem so excited about Judge.

it’s refreshing to have a coach provide an answer to a question which makes sense.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Definitely true.

Do they? The NFC East has a combined record of 2-11-1 outside the division yet the Giants are in last place. The Giants have scored the fewest points in the NFL by a large margin. The giants have a comically bad point differential of -49 (what does that say about the Jets' -66 though). The Giants look much worse than they did last year. At least the Jets are consistently bad.

The big difference from what I can tell is that everyone seemed to like the Judge hiring but everyone seemed to hate the Gase hiring which seems to me to be coloring people's opinions of the 2. If you think Judge is that smart, how much time do you give him to apply that to performance on the field?

Can't disagree with this either.

I forgot about all the all-pros on the Jets. :skeptic:

Isn't he the most accomplished member of the Belichick coaching tree (in the NFL at least)?

Unlike apparently you, I'll give Judge more than 4 games to figure things out with his new team. Gase has had 20 games and things are worse. Giants have at least been competitive in 3 of their 4 games...Jets have only been competive in one of their fours games.

So yeah, I'll stick with my original premise that the Giants have some hope under Judge....Jets have none under Gase.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I mean Gase didn't do anything in Miami. He left there with players disliking him. Players talking shit about his system, or lack thereof, mid-season while still on the team. Those Dolphins teams were hardly world beaters, but they had some good players. He's supposedly an offensive guy and yet Tannehill gets better as soon as he's away from Gase. Devante Parker flourishes. Gesicki takes off. And on and on. He didn't do anything good on Miami.

And he comes here, and it's the same shit. If Gregg Williams couldn't scheme the Jets into playing semi-competent defense, they finish far worse last year than they did. Players are already questioning his prep, how he has them practice. He has public dust-ups with guys where it seems clear he's poor at communicating. It's all just messy, and ugly. He's a bad coach doing a bad job coaching.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Josh Allen and the Bills tells both the Giants and Jets all we need to know.

Bills have added talent and are winning with an emerging QB.

The change in culture is what spearheaded everything in Buffalo, and that came with Beane and McDermott.

There were a lot of WTF moves that made no sense to us at the time, but in hindsight, it helped mold the current team they’ve constructed today.

Without a franchise QB though, you’re not going to field a very good team or contender. But the Bills didn’t draft a franchise QB. They developed one.

Josh Allen has improved significantly from his rookie and sophomore season and coaching is a huge reason why he’s becoming successful. He could very easily be struggling playing somewhere else if he wasn’t given the tools to succeed. So while I do agree with you that you’re going nowhere w/o a QB, having a quality GM and coaching staff is even more imperative.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
The change in culture is what spearheaded everything in Buffalo, and that came with Beane and McDermott.

There were a lot of WTF moves that made no sense to us at the time, but in hindsight, it helped mold the current team they’ve constructed today.

Without a franchise QB though, you’re not going to field a very good team or contender. But the Bills didn’t draft a franchise QB. They developed one.

Josh Allen has improved significantly from his rookie and sophomore season and coaching is a huge reason why he’s becoming successful. He could very easily be struggling playing somewhere else if he wasn’t given the tools to succeed. So while I do agree with you that you’re going nowhere w/o a QB, having a quality GM and coaching staff is even more imperative.

b/c i’m a big fan of you

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT

b/c i’m a big fan of you

You know, those 4 straight super bowl losses used to hurt me so much. And for a long, long time.

I laugh about it now though. And now that I’m much much older, I realize how freaking difficult an accomplishment that was.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Just looking at 2021 draft info, my dream pick for the Giants is Penei Sewell.

Who knows, honestly? Andrew Thomas is apparently always off balance. Hernandez drops his head. Besides BIG, who really knows what a 19 yr old Sewell is as these player evaluations seem off and the kid opted out for the season.

Besides Lawrence, i don’t trust any of them.

Last edited:

Adam Fox Time

Jan 1, 2020
Who knows, honestly? Andrew Thomas is apparently always off balance. Hernandez drops his head. Besides BIG, who really knows what a 19 yr old Sewell is as these player evaluations seem off and the kid opted out for the season.

Besides Lawrence, i don’t trust any of them.

In a normal season, Sewell would be the consensus #2 overall and #1 overall if it weren't for Lawrence. With him opting out this season, there is a real chance he will be available where the Giants pick.

They obviously have to evaluate him carefully because opting out for a season is a serious thing, but assuming all is well he is a perfect fit for the Giants. He is exactly what we need and will improve the team more than anyone else.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
In a normal season, Sewell would be the consensus #2 overall and #1 overall if it weren't for Lawrence. With him opting out this season, there is a real chance he will be available where the Giants pick.

They obviously have to evaluate him carefully because opting out for a season is a serious thing, but assuming all is well he is a perfect fit for the Giants. He is exactly what we need and will improve the team more than anyone else.

problem is, we’ve been saying the same thing for too many years. He’s not exactly what we need b/c HB hasn’t made the big difference, the wide receivers are mediocre , Hernandez is not looking great, the front 7 of the defense has no reliable pass rusher and the secondary is lost.

It’s never enough. It’s add a player, lose two. The record is getting worse every year. Nice prospect but what position on the team has been better over the years? None!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad