OT: 2020 Football Thread: Offseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Yeah I would move on easily from Darnold if he's not the guy.

NFL teams seem to be unwilling to cut bait so quick though. Rarely do they take 2 QBS top 3 within 3 years.

Outside of a total disaster, I bet most teams trade that #1 before moving on from Darnold so quickly.
Unless your name is josh Rosen

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
I think the Giants will probably be a 4-5 win team again this year which would keep them from that pick.
i can see between 6 and 9 wins this year. not like our division has been a powerhouse of late. feel covid can make for some weird results this year with an unusual training camp and no preseason games. dimes spent the offseason doin saquon's workout routine. gonna solve the fumbling problem by being so strong that no one can knock the ball out of his hands.

Adam Fox Time

Jan 1, 2020
If the Giants got #1 overall (which is not gonna happen, but whatever) I would hope they trade it. That massive return would help the Giants more than upgrading from Daniel Jones to Trevor Lawrence.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
id be surprised if the giants sucked that much this year that they pick 1. too much talent on offense imo.

Too much talent?

We have a VERY thin WR corps. The OL still has major question marks (RT looks to be a disaster waiting to happen if Flemming cannot emerge as a starter). And Jones can always take a step back (he is still having fumbling issues this pre-season).

If Barkley gets hurt, the season is over.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
After looking at the schedules of both the Jets and Giants alot more closely now that the season is upon us, ironically I have both of them finishing 6-10.

So long as Sam plays the entire year and takes the next step, I really don't care too much about their record to be honest. I'd also like to see Quinnen improve over last year, Mims become a threat and the O-Line show that they are improved.

Not expecting alot nor asking for much but I would like to see them competitive and make far superior teams like KC and SF sweat a little bit.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
If the Giants got #1 overall (which is not gonna happen, but whatever) I would hope they trade it. That massive return would help the Giants more than upgrading from Daniel Jones to Trevor Lawrence.

Gettleman wouldn’t pick up the phone to make the trade.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
So far, w/o fans hockey appears better than football. Seemed more like a football practice to me.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Just got caught up on the whole Bayless/Dak debacle and oh my goodness just fire Skip already

the thing about dudes like him is that they’ve done this for so long no one listens unless they go wild. “Your team sucks” doesn’t get a rise out of anyone anymore. It’s gotta be personal or political or something like that.

it’s time to just bury the whole genre. The hot take provocateur is dead.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
I mean that game may as well have been practice for the Chiefs. Texans don’t belong on the same field as us.

I will never accept the Texans and hope the never win. The NFL should have kept the Oilers who were part of the AFL foundation. Not an ex-Oilers fan but love ya blue should be in the NFL today. Not these wannabe longhorns.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I will never accept the Texans and hope the never win. The NFL should have kept the Oilers who were part of the AFL foundation. Not an ex-Oilers fan but love ya blue should be in the NFL today. Not these wannabe longhorns.

The Oilers are the Titans which makes it weirder

Those old Oilers jerseys were awesome. Always used them in Tecmo Super Bowl too. Warren Moon spread offense - 4 WR!

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
The Oilers are the Titans which makes it weirder

Those old Oilers jerseys were awesome. Always used them in Tecmo Super Bowl too. Warren Moon spread offense - 4 WR!

i’m no fan of them either yet i get they wanted their own identity. They should release the rights. Texas though? Bring back the Oilers

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
The Texans have some of the worst uniforms in all of sports. They BADLY need an update, being stuck in 2002 is not a good thing. The Oilers were so beautiful, such a shame what happened.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
The Texans have some of the worst uniforms in all of sports. They BADLY need an update, being stuck in 2002 is not a good thing. The Oilers were so beautiful, such a shame what happened.

hate them

DC1A8863-B2BE-4EFD-80D8-EA3BB684C089.jpeg

Prefer the Oilers logo but this better IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad