2020 F1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
It might be the last real Williams, so I imagine they will want to use it to protect their legacy as well as to create a sensible placeholder for whatever comes next.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Can't wait for the overreactions if Mercedes struggles in the opening double weekend at Austria like they've done in previous seasons.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I am quite intrigued by what a modified schedule could do in terms of the championship race. It's very likely Lewis just drives off into the distance for another championship but there are a bunch of tracks that Red Bull (let's be real - Max Verstappen) excel it. If enough of the schedule consists of those tracks and Max can maximize results elsewhere..who knows!

But yeah. I say all that but I'd definitely put money on Lewis.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I am quite intrigued by what a modified schedule could do in terms of the championship race. It's very likely Lewis just drives off into the distance for another championship but there are a bunch of tracks that Red Bull (let's be real - Max Verstappen) excel it. If enough of the schedule consists of those tracks and Max can maximize results elsewhere..who knows!

But yeah. I say all that but I'd definitely put money on Lewis.

If they don't have any problem I could easily see Max leading the championship after the first three races. After that it becomes pretty brutal for Red Bull.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Styrian Grand Prix has a nice ring to it.
70th Anniversary Grand Prix ... not so much.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
There is a concern that back to backs in the same venue could be boring but at the same time, it will be interesting to see what impact different track temps, weather as well as applied learnings from the week before may bring. It's not ideal but they are making the best of it.

I could see two flyaways for the second half...a USA, Mexico Brazil run and then an Asian run of Japan/Singapore/China/Abu Dhabi/Bahrain...perhaps not all 5 in one shot.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017

Sochi double header all day baby!

People are losing their minds over over the possible return to Imola. Like Zandvoort and many more, I think it's a great track but for racing with these modern cars? Ehh... But I'd like to have a race there, not a permanent return but just one race this year, I support the idea.

Mugello I got no idea about but new tracks are always exciting (apart from Sochi). Hockenheim is easily the best track for racing but I'd like to see Imola and Mugello get those last two spots.

It would probably also mean Codemasters would make an update for F1 2020 at some point with those tracks available so hell yeah.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
People are losing their minds over over the possible return to Imola. Like Zandvoort and many more, I think it's a great track but for racing with these modern cars? Ehh... But I'd like to have a race there, not a permanent return but just one race this year, I support the idea.
I never understood the Imola love either, from what I remember the races were pretty much decided on Saturday. :dunno:

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I keep saying it but nobody listens. If you have to do two races at the same track...treat it like it's Mario Kart and turn on mirror mode. Turn the card around and race the other way!

....granted that could complicate the pit lane but whatever man.

Reactions: Khelandros

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I keep saying it but nobody listens. If you have to do two races at the same track...treat it like it's Mario Kart and turn on mirror mode. Turn the card around and race the other way!

I'm pretty sure runoff areas would be the bigger issue.

Reactions: SoupyFIN

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019

I'm pretty sure runoff areas would be the bigger issue.

Pretty much every track that F1 runs on can be configured for different layouts. They should change it up for the second race and run a different series layout for it. Except for Austria, that thing is one layout only.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Pretty much every track that F1 runs on can be configured for different layouts. They should change it up for the second race and run a different series layout for it. Except for Austria, that thing is one layout only.
They should remove the chicane on Mistral straight at Paul Ricard for the 2nd race. But they probably don't want cars going wheel to wheel full speed into Signes, even with the 17 mile runoff.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Sometimes I want to just stop buying the Codemasters F1 games. I'm going to eventually go bald because it actually causes me to rip my hair out. Two scenarios come to mind....both involving Monaco.

1) I f***ing hate Monaco. It's terrible to watch. Even worse to play in video games. So I recently tried doing qualifying and simming the race. I qualified 1st by a decent margin (0.5s) and I have, on paper, the best car in the Racing Point. I've spent seasons upgrading it to this point.

So...if I'm qualifying 1st. I have the most powerful car....and it's Monaco. You'd think I would podium after a sim. Nope. Finished 20th. 19 cars managed to pass me. At Monaco. Only if the heavens opened up and I was abducted by aliens mid race would 19 cars pass somebody at Monaco. Lewis Hamilton could qualify 1st in real life and use a BIKE in the race and still wouldn't get passed by 20 cars.

2) So... knowing the above bullshit. I accept my fate and race Monaco. Qualify 2nd. After a few laps I hunt down Max and finally force my way by (not clean...in anyway) and I proceed to lead for the next 20 or so laps. Now it's pitting time. I pull in 1st. Tires come off. Seems like a good stop. Then I sit there. And sit there. And sit there. I don't know how many years Codemasters has had to fix their original pit stop failures where they hold you forever as 20 cars pit because they don't know how to deal with releasing into traffic or deal with the idea of an unsafe release. I counted 8 seconds I sat there are backmarkers pulled into their spots ahead of me and my team wouldn't release me. I dropped 5 positions.

Just f*** it all.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Sometimes I want to just stop buying the Codemasters F1 games. I'm going to eventually go bald because it actually causes me to rip my hair out. Two scenarios come to mind....both involving Monaco.

1) I f***ing hate Monaco. It's terrible to watch. Even worse to play in video games. So I recently tried doing qualifying and simming the race. I qualified 1st by a decent margin (0.5s) and I have, on paper, the best car in the Racing Point. I've spent seasons upgrading it to this point.

So...if I'm qualifying 1st. I have the most powerful car....and it's Monaco. You'd think I would podium after a sim. Nope. Finished 20th. 19 cars managed to pass me. At Monaco. Only if the heavens opened up and I was abducted by aliens mid race would 19 cars pass somebody at Monaco. Lewis Hamilton could qualify 1st in real life and use a BIKE in the race and still wouldn't get passed by 20 cars.

2) So... knowing the above bullshit. I accept my fate and race Monaco. Qualify 2nd. After a few laps I hunt down Max and finally force my way by (not clean...in anyway) and I proceed to lead for the next 20 or so laps. Now it's pitting time. I pull in 1st. Tires come off. Seems like a good stop. Then I sit there. And sit there. And sit there. I don't know how many years Codemasters has had to fix their original pit stop failures where they hold you forever as 20 cars pit because they don't know how to deal with releasing into traffic or deal with the idea of an unsafe release. I counted 8 seconds I sat there are backmarkers pulled into their spots ahead of me and my team wouldn't release me. I dropped 5 positions.

Just f*** it all.
I ditched my career mode long time ago. It gets boring when pretty much every team is maxed out.

I started an F2 championship that I'm hoping to finish before F1 2020 drops. It's something different and tons of fun actually.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
There should be an option to reset the sportmanship/showmanship thing, or have it reset every time you switch teams. It's just plain stupid that you have to do two seperate careers if you're going for the max sportmanship and max showmanship trophies, unless you want to spend two extra seasons to get back even.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
I've been playing the game for years and I always end up getting annoyed and giving up on a career mode halfway through a season when the unrealism sets in, occasionally I make it through a full season but then it gets even worse by season 2

I did about half of a season of F2, I'd like it more if it let you drive as your created driver and do a full season, not just the few scenarios in the career mode

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019

Just f*** it all.
Your second point explains your first point. I've seen it happen many times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad