2020 F1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
F1 uploaded the terrific Baku 2017 to YouTube today.

I can only imagine Claire Williams watched it wistfully as she reminisced what it was like to have an even halfway decent mid field car.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Vettel really should have got a black flag there.

As should the race director. The amount of times they showed Ricciardo or Stroll in final 15 laps was pathetic.

Last edited:

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
F1 uploaded the terrific Baku 2017 to YouTube today.

I can only imagine Claire Williams watched it wistfully as she reminisced what it was like to have an even halfway decent mid field car.
I'm still sad Felipe's car broke down. Could've been a double podium for Williams.

Hell, Force India could've had a 1-2 if Ocon gave Perez just a tad more space.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I'm still sad Felipe's car broke down. Could've been a double podium for Williams.

Hell, Force India could've had a 1-2 if Ocon gave Perez just a tad more space.

Let's not forget Hulkenberg!

That guy just doesn't want a podium.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009

"Though we've made efforts to hold Japanese GP this year, the situation is globally uncertain, we can't predict when global travel restrictions will be eased and we can't make sure safety for fans, considering the preparation period for the best envrionment for the event, we had no choice other cancelling the event. We will make best effort to make the race further better next year. We hope all fans and stakeholders will understand the situation and respect our decision.
"

Reactions: MXD and CHRDANHUTCH

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017

Some more ratings out... Bottas is way too high. Russell and Ocon too low.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Bottas' racecraft in particular is defintely too high, Ricciardo's race craft could be a tad higher, Ocon's pace definitely makes no sense WRT Perez and Stroll, Russel's rating won't age well, and Latifi, lol.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
The hell has Bottas done to earn a 99 awareness?

Like....what does that even mean?

Codemasters clearly Max fans dinging Ocon's awareness though.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
I picture awareness in a video game sense to be your ability to keep both yourself and others on the track. Someone people trust to race wheel to wheel with. Someone that keeps a cool head at the start and in heavy traffic.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
The hell has Bottas done to earn a 99 awareness?

Like....what does that even mean?

Codemasters clearly Max fans dinging Ocon's awareness though.
I'd guess awareness on where other cars are in relation to yours and stuff?

Maybe it comes from Bottas giving about 17 meters of space whenever he's next to Hamilton.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Codemasters Employee 1: Well. He finished 38 seconds back of a man in the exact same car

Codemasters Employee 2: Holy shit. That awareness

I picture awareness in a video game sense to be your ability to keep both yourself and others on the track. Someone people trust to race wheel to wheel with. Someone that keeps a cool head at the start and in heavy traffic.

Sure but Bottas with a near perfect score? I don't think he's necessarily any better than Hamilton etc.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Next F1 Rewind, Saturday June 13th, 10 AM : Neverending Mayhem in Montreal, AKA 2011 Canadian Grand Prix.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
With more scores coming out, it seems confirmed that Codemasters thinks Bottas is the second best driver on the grid - tied with Verstappen.

So....that would make Codemasters' own awareness score a 0.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
With more scores coming out, it seems confirmed that Codemasters thinks Bottas is the second best driver on the grid - tied with Verstappen.

So....that would make Codemasters' own awareness score a 0.
I do wonder whether those ratings will actually matter at all, as in the less aware drivers would be more likely to turn into you etc. or if they'll all just be the same.

I don't like the experience rating one bit. There's no way it should have a 25% impact on a driver's overall score.

Edit: perhaps I gave the Codemasters a bit too much slack as it appears the experience rating will only affect how much resource points they gather in your career mode, which I guess is i decent feature. So the overall scores are more more who's the best guy to have in your team rather than who's the best driver.

Last edited:

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Lewis Hamilton is having a rough week..

- Calls out Helmut Marko and basically implies/calls he's racist based on a fake quote. Still yet to address it or apologize publically.

- told Men's Health that he's the "first ever working class Champion" which...isn't even close to true.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Lewis Hamilton is having a rough week..

- Calls out Helmut Marko and basically implies/calls he's racist based on a fake quote. Still yet to address it or apologize publically.

- told Men's Health that he's the "first ever working class Champion" which...isn't even close to true.
Marko said that "the issue has been handled privately". Which looks kinda dumb for Lewis since he has been calling people out for not speaking out publicly.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I was very annoyed at first after Williams sacked Russell to make room for me (legit had no idea Kubica is their #1 driver in the game), but I guess that's more realistic since they need the money. :laugh:

Yeah.. no. McLaren paid his bills from '98 onwards, he was 13.

Red Bull academy: Verstappen, Ricciardo, Vettel, Gasly, Kvyat, Sainz Jr. and Albon
Ferrari academy: Giovinazzi, Leclerc and Perez
Mercedes academy: Russell and Ocon
McLaren academy: Hamilton, Norris and Magnussen
Renault academy: Grosjean
Rich dad: Stroll and Latifi

Other things worth mentioning; Verstappen, Magnussen, & Sainz dads old F1/rally drivers, probably not too difficult to attract sponsors. Bottas had Finnish companies Wihuri and Kemppi sponsor him throughout his karting and lower category career. Raikkonen was sponsored in karting and British Formula Renault by energy drink Battery, which is made by brewing company Sinebrychoff, which in turn is part of the Carlsberg Group. Perez had Mexican companies sponsoring Sauber when he was there.

Kimi is probably the least sponsored current driver prior to his F1 career, considering he only did two years of lower European/British classes prior to making the jump to F1. His parents were by no means rich either, they both had multiple jobs to support an expensive hobby for two (Kimi's older brother also did karting). Their house didn't have an indoor toilet until the early 90s, because most of the money went to karting. He's arguably about as close as you get to working class on the modern grid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad